NFL 2024-2025 Thread

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Screwed if you do, screwed if you don’t.

They played not to lose, and failed. They played like they normally do even with the injuries, and also failed.
I mean, sure that's one way to look at it. You're the one who said you've already assumed KC's going to win though. That's kindof your thing, I'm not going to tear you down for it but I'm not assuming the worst. The 49ers are still in this game with half the roster on the IL, a 3rd strong kicker, and Purdy throwing to rookie receivers. I don't care who's lining up against this team, it's still our damn field. They haven't beaten us yet.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's just picking at the scab at this point, but Shanahan and Lynch whiffing on Mike McGlinchey with the 9th overall pick in just their second off-season has probably cost this team multiple championships. 6 years later and we're still paying for that mistake.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's just picking at the scab at this point, but Shanahan and Lynch whiffing on Mike McGlinchey with the 9th overall pick in just their second off-season has probably cost this team multiple championships. 6 years later and we're still paying for that mistake.
At least they had the sense to not match the contract the Broncos gave to him and let him go. It looks like they finally solved the right guard problem with Puni so hopefully RT is up next.

I was going to say it was Brock’s worst game but I forgot all about that Ravens debacle

That’s worse because today he was down to the last few receivers on the active roster
Purdy's gotta do better - too many of these 3 interception losses will take a toll on his extension salary - especially if the 49ers fall out of the playoffs. This may not be his worst game, but its close. Its not all on him, but he can play better than today for his standard of play