Predictions 2024-25

Scenario 1:

The Kings finish in the top three seeds in the West. They win one or two rounds in the playoffs. Fans are ecstatic over the progress and have even higher hopes for the 2025-26 season. Monte’s and Mike Brown’s strategies are hailed.

Scenario 2:

The Kings make the playoffs in 4-6th seed. They advance one round. Some needs are recognized and attempted to be corrected during the off-season. Expectations are not fully met but satisfaction is present. Hopes are strong for improvement the next season.

Scenario 3:

The Kings have a mediocre year but make the play-in. One round is won before elimination. Serious discrepancies are noted in players, philosophy, and coaching. Minor rebuilding will take place after the season. Team leadership in all aspects of the organization is under scrutiny.

Scenario 4:

The Kings miss the playoffs. Injuries, illness, and malaise are recognized as factors. Restructuring of the team is indicated and significant trades become the norm. Monte's and Mike Brown’s continuing employment is precarious.

Of course, there are variations. Perhaps a Scenario 2.5 or the like. Thoughts and/or opinions on the outcome? Hopefully, the preseason is not a harbinger.

Last edited:
Before preseason... Scenario 2. After four preseason games... Scenario 3.

Nobody likes the guy who freaks out over preseason, especially me, but I find myself being that guy. These four games have been very alarming. If we can't defend the three, we are in trouble.

Scenario 1:

The Kings finish in the top three seeds in the West. They win one or two rounds in the playoffs. Fans are ecstatic over the progress and have even higher hopes for the 2025-26 season. Monte’s and Mike Brown’s strategy is hailed.

Scenario 2:

The Kings make the playoffs in 4-6th seed. They advance one round. Some needs are recognized and attempted to be corrected during the off-season. Expectations are not fully met but satisfaction is present. Hopes are strong for improvement the next season.

Scenario 3:

The Kings have a mediocre year but make the play-in. One round is won before elimination. Serious discrepancies are noted in players, philosophy, and coaching. Minor rebuilding will take place after the season. Team leadership in all aspects of the organization is under scrutiny.

Scenario 4:

The Kings miss the playoffs. Injuries, illness, and malaise are recognized as factors. Restructuring of the team is indicated and significant trades become the norm. Monte's and Mike Brown’s continuing employment is precarious.

Of course, there are variations. Perhaps a Scenario 2.5 or the like. Thoughts and/or opinions on the outcome? Hopefully, the preseason is not a harbinger.
You left out the most obvious scenario: Hosting a parade in June through DOWNTOWN SACRAMENTO!!!

The West is too wild for me to offer a prediction. Basically every team is capable of winning 50 games if things broke right outside of Portland/San Antonio/Utah ( unless those teams traded a ton of assets for a star then who knows)

If we were shooting 35 percent from 3 in preseason and 0-4 I’d be worried but when you are the worst shooting 3 point team in the league you aren’t going to win many games.

50 wins, good chance of making it out of the first round. I don’t have delusions of a WCF appearance or anything, but we’re going to take the leap this year that I wanted to take last year.

And then we go from there!
If the "Resident Pessimist" feels this good about the season then even the WCF is a possibility. You might lose the pessimist title at this rate! ;)

There are flaws for sure, but hanging in that 4-6 range is entirely doable even with those flaws. Hopefully no sloppy starts because with how tight it looks on paper in the West, that might see the Kings playing catch up for the rest of the season. As for the playoffs? Depends on the matchups and the defense. With this current defense? First round exit is almost certain.