[Game] California Classic Day 3: Stockton Kings vs Charlotte Hornets

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
To be fair the grown-ups need to be ready to play tomorrow in San Francisco. Never give an inch to the Warriors. On a slightly selfish note I couldn't use the third day tickets so I gave them to the fans sitting next to me, now I'm not so sad I I'm at home watching.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Obviously worked out because I think they ended up trading him for Mason Jones but I feel like the Kings gave up on Jake Stephens way too early

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I feel like Huerter doesn't average an eye popping amount of boards per game, but he'll grab a few really tough contested rebounds per game.

The effort is always there, even if results are.... debatable.
Well, last year he was tied for 17th among 76 qualified guards in TReb% - I don't know if that qualifies for "among the best" but he's right there on the edge of being in the upper quarter of guards.

I feel like Huerter doesn't average an eye popping amount of boards per game, but he'll grab a few really tough contested rebounds per game.

The effort is always there, even if results are.... debatable.
It also might speak to how much Monte likes rebounding guards. Helps explain the Carter pick even more. Brown does like guards coming back to help on the boards too, which is kind of a Warriors thing but they also didn't have a dominant rebounder so they have kind of always had to have that.