Thank you Davion

I think Sasha will do well in Toronto. That's a team which has an immediate need for his skillset and a great city which is probably more his speed than the mostly-suburban Sacramento.
I’m curious what in your mind makes “Toronto” a great city?

First off, it’s in Canada which is even crazier than anywhere in the US right now. Secondly, the weather there is super cold and super terrible! Thirdly, … aw nevermind, my list will be too long.

I’ll just conclude by saying there’s many reasons why the majority of pro athletes don’t want to have to play there.

First off, it’s in Canada which is even crazier than anywhere in the US right now. Secondly, the weather there is super cold and super terrible! Thirdly, … aw nevermind, my list will be too long.

I’ll just conclude by saying there’s many reasons why the majority of pro athletes don’t want to have to play there.
It’s considered one of the best cities in the world by many. Incredible food, multi cultural, great vibes and friendly people.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
How my day in Toronto went:
1. Delicious brunch
2. Walk around the city
3. Lunch at a pizza parlor, locals explained CFL rules.
4. Got in a fight.
"Hey!"
"Yeah?"
"You're wearing a Star Wars shirt."
"Yup."
"I have a Star Trek shirt! We should fight,eh."
"Ok."
"Star Wars sucks."
"Star Trek sucks!"
"Ok, wanna grab a beer, eh?"
"Yeah."

Can't blame anyone wanting to live that life.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

I can't speak for @hrdboild but it's the most European city in the NBA. I'd rather live in Vancouver but they killed that for Memphis. Everything isn't rosy in Canada these days and they have a lot of the US of America's problems too, but there's really no mistaking you are in a completely different place when you are up there even in the English provinces (not sure what's up but I saw a lot less French than I did the last time I was there on my trip last week). Everything from food to just general attitude is way different.

Now let me tell you what sucks there: the consistently measured shot pour. Pretty much have to order a double to get the standard US pour whiskey on the rocks.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

This is such a subjective thing. For some people being in a big city is amazing and for others it's intolerable. I just meant it in the way that others here have pointed out -- Toronto has a big mix of interesting people, cultures, food, music. The weather is not ideal for those of us accustomed to warmer climates, I'll grant you that. But for a young millionaire out on his own it seems like it could be a good place to find himself. Sacramento is a great place to be if you want to hoop and raise a family. I think it's a harder sell for the younger guys -- especially if they're coming over from Europe and aren't used to the pee poor public transit systems that we all put up with here in California.