Welcome Isaiah Crawford

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
What does this mean for Slawson? That’s 3 two way contracts
I think it means he'll be competing with Mason Jones for that 3rd 2-way contract. That is, unless one of them makes the main roster, which is definitely possible at this point. We need a third PG and a third PF.

NBA Comparison

Crawford has all the skills and tools to be an excellent modern role player that teams keep an eye out for. For instance, multiple teams have brought him in for workouts. Due to his skill set, there are quite a few NBA players who share similarities with Crawford. One player is Jerami Grant, who shares Crawford’s shooting and defensive capabilities. OG Anunoby is another player that comes to mind due to also being a defensive-minded wing who can guard multiple positions and shoot the ball like Crawford.

Checking out a few videos of him. His jumper is really smooth and fluid. Looks like a huge wing out there on the floor. Excited to get a real look in SL

8’ 9.5”. Pretty good smart ass
.699 FT% is not great
He was 72.7% on 3.4 FTA 2 seasons ago
He was 72.8% on 5.1 FTA last season

Looks like a pretty clear growth with his shooting:

year 1: 60% FT, 32% 3
Year 2: 65% FT, 38% 3
Year 3: Hurt
Year 4: 72% FT, 42% 3
Year 5 72% FT, 41% 3

Interestingly enough, he'll be 23 at the start of the season. Pretty "young" for a 5 year college guy

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
think I am liking this kid from the stuff posted. I hope we really did get another steal.

Also appreciate when they say Minny, Boston and Denver are ideal fits as a first round selection.

Those are often the guys that do pay off. Although they may not have long careers.
It's hard to tell. Every MPJ in the league there's also a Greg Oden looming.

Our local favorite Giles were once No. 1-rated player in the 2016 ESPN 100 before he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus in the same knee.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Our local favorite Giles were once No. 1-rated player in the 2016 ESPN 100 before he tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus in the same knee.
OG had a bunch of leg issues and still got drafted in the first round because he was still young. Hell, Topic’s camp hid the fact he tore his ACL for a couple of months and he still would up getting picked at 12.
It always feels like these “We’re passing on this guy because of his injury history” decisions are completely arbitrary haha

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

Greg Oden was picked first overall, not a UDFA. To be clear, I'm talking about "first round talent" that falls waaaaaaay below their mock.