Welcome Devin Carter

Carter is lightning fast and correct me if I am wrong but I believe he has the record for the fastest 3/4 court time at the combine. Tough and pretty much does most things well and he should be hard to keep out of the rotation.

We got lucky again and I am sure our draft room was ecstatic when he dropped into our laps. Now to trade one of our guards and barnes for a upgrade and I believe we are looking good.

Soooo.... Wow on this kid's ups (42in vertical) and his range (which is bordering on in the gym range). While short (6'2 - 6'3), he has a huge wingspan (6'8 - 6'9). And has defensive chops and rebounding from the guard position are elite. Reminds me of physically he seems like a duplicate of Keon (very similar measurements) and has a similar look on defense but has elite range with decent accuracy and good finishing around the rim. Unless he gets moved I think Davions time may be done here. Otherwise we are just too small at the guard spots with Fox, Malik, Keon, Devin all at 6'3 and Mitchell at 6'. Only guard with height is Huerter who is limited atheletically.

Big fan of this pick. Hadn't followed many of the prospects this year, but Carter was one of a few who stood out to me, especially after watching what Boston accomplished in the Finals with their backcourt rotation of study defenders and ball hawks. If the Kings just drafted a more athletic version of Jrue Holiday, I have no cause to complain.

Although Davion is a bulldog, his length allowed bigger guards to shoot right over him, though I don't think anyone regularly could blow by him (few players with his strength and lateral quickness). But Keon and Devin, while not nearly as strong or quick as davion, can still stay in front of majority of guards and with their near 6'9 wingspans, can recover and holy hell can they block shots. Both could be among league leaders in blocked shots from the guard positions. I just recall the fits Keon gave Steph in the play in tournament. They could be a menace tandem. Now fox and monk each have a 6'3 guard with 6'8+ wingspan to play next to. It could be interesting.

I do like that literally every national media head loves this pick and Kings twitter is just

"Not another guard!"
Out of curiosity, would you have taken Carter over Knecht?

I don’t pretend to know which is the better prospect, however it just seems to me that most everyone else is trying to load up on wings while the KINGS continue to load up on guards.

I’m a firm believer in BPA regardless of position, so if Carter was indeed the top player on the board I believe MM made the right decision.

Out of curiosity, would you have taken Carter over Knecht?

I don’t pretend to know which is the better prospect, however it just seems to me that most everyone else is trying to load up on wings while the KINGS continue to load up on guards.

I’m a firm believer in BPA regardless of position, so if Carter was indeed the top player on the board I believe MM made the right decision.
There was no wrong answer for me, I had both of these guys rated super highly on my board. These were the 2 favorite prospects I got a chance to deep dive look at this year. Carter at 1, Knecht at 2.

Knecht was the easier positional fit, but Carter has absolutely tremendous upside and will be a day 1 contributor on the defensive end. Just such a tough kid with an endless motor. I think the clear right answer was either of these 2 and nobody else.

It's now on Monte to balance this team properly. He played the draft, correctly, now has to go win in trades and FA to find us some wing help.

Although Davion is a bulldog, his length allowed bigger guards to shoot right over him, though I don't think anyone regularly could blow by him (few players with his strength and lateral quickness). But Keon and Devin, while not nearly as strong or quick as davion, can still stay in front of majority of guards and with their near 6'9 wingspans, can recover and holy hell can they block shots. Both could be among league leaders in blocked shots from the guard positions. I just recall the fits Keon gave Steph in the play in tournament. They could be a menace tandem. Now fox and monk each have a 6'3 guard with 6'8+ wingspan to play next to. It could be interesting.
Carter had the fastest 3/4 court time in the combine. He can really move his feet

He played the draft, correctly, now has to go win in trades and FA to find us some wing help.
Far as I can tell, MM has played the draft correctly ever since he’s been in charge.

Tyrese Halliburton, Davion Mitchell, Keegan Murray, and now Devin Carter.

Given his previous 3 FRP’s, he should get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. It’s just too bad he wasn’t in charge from 2011 through 2019, as this franchise wouldn’t have struck out on so many draft selections. The only one they really got right was De’Aaron Fox. But I digress…

WRT finding wing help via trade or FA, let’s just hope he’s as good at that as he is at the draft.