KING IN ARABIC

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I thought he was Gone, girl. The absolute opposite of my "prognostication." This is great for Sacramento.

Were there any other promises made?
You have to imagine this comes with a “You’re starting” handshake. It was one of the things he was most vocal about. And he just took sub-market value (almost assuredly) to stay here. Cant imagine there isn’t.

I thought he was Gone, girl. The absolute opposite of my "prognostication." This is great for Sacramento.

Were there any other promises made?
Yes.

There will be a championship parade through Downtown Sacramento in the month of June.

Not necessarily June 2025, although that would be incredible, but we will host a parade in June.

You have to imagine this comes with a “You’re starting” handshake. It was one of the things he was most vocal about. And he just took sub-market value (almost assuredly) to stay here. Cant imagine there isn’t.
Man, I sure hope so. The Kentucky boys would make the rafters ring.
I don't think Monk signs for as much as he did just so he can come off of the bench. Dude's earned himself a starting spot.

Iirc he NEVER voiced an opinion about starting. So Slob it's now on you to produce those quotes

https://kingsherald.com/articles/malik-monk-free-agent-sacramento-kings-quotes/#:~:text=I think I've been,with it,” he said.

It’s more tame & diplomatic than I remembered but “I definitely want to start. I think I’ve been saying I want to start.” To lead off the quote says enough.
I’m not going to bother trying to locate the video, but I’ve seen Youtube interview clips where he’s said what you’re suggesting but also followed up by stating that if coming off the bench was still best for the team — he’d accept that role.

Oh, and I also gotta point this out. So much for the old narrative that no good players want to sign in SACRAMENTO.

Monk was willing to sign for less than several others were likely to offer. But life in Detroit (or elsewhere) losing games for a lesser franchise apparently wasn’t worth the extra cash. I agree.

I'm not so sure about any promises for starting? I think Monk has built a relationship with the team and Coach Brown and trust they will do what's best for the team. Obviously, Malik is a team player.

I'm sure there was conversations that he would be in the mix for possibly starting, but I doubt that Brown or Monte made any promises about starting, doesn't seem in Brown or Monte's MO to make those types of promises to me. I'm sure there is a trust that Coach Brown will maximize Monk's talents, whether it be starting or being the super 6th man.