KING IN ARABIC

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, I think we're just doom-spiraling ourselves that EVERY single team with cap space is going to value Malik Monk as a 25+ mil player and all make him an offer.
Yeah it’s sorta like with the apparent KCP sweepstakes. If you’re in the position to offer KCP 20 million dollars a season you probably aren’t in the position to really be needing KCP on your team

dude12

Hall of Famer
Oh oh….on Malik’s IG account, he posted that he’s about to blow up like a Rocket and has a red and silver grill in place. Says momma, we made it.

Sorry I don’t know how to embed a link

Don’t think that means he is going to the Rockets but that does sound like a guy that is going to take the biggest payday/role.
Good for him. Honestly, I keep seeing things about re-signing Monk and moving Barnes to the bench. Then I think, what team makes it over the top by having the most expensive bench duo in the league? Lol. That's scary if it fails. If Monk is back, Barnes better be starting or gone.

Teams are now able to negotiate with pending free agents who are under contract to them as soon as the NBA Finals end. That was Monday. As I read the post, Monk says that the Kings made their offer, he rejected it, and now will be free to accept the best (or highest) offer come June 30 at 6:00 EDT.
Of course he rejected it. Even if he was leaning toward coming back, he’d be foolish to accept and not see what $ was out there.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So he posts song lyrics and now he's rejecting an offer and leaving.

You realize anything that resembles another team talking to him would be tampering?
Like that’s stopped players from certain teams throwing out feelers knowing what their respective team wants. Teams / players can get around tampering as long as they’re not absolutely stupid about it.

You realize anything that resembles another team talking to him would be tampering?
Yes. Where do you get that such a thing transpired? As I stated very clearly, the only team that is allowed to talk to Monk, as of Monday night, is the Sacramento Kings. But I am sure he reads the same press we do, rumors and all.

Comedian Brian Regan has a bit about how he went golfing with his recently divorced friend and his wife asked him when he comes home, “ how is your friend doing?” Brian replies, “I dunno” His wife says, “you shared a golf cart with your friend for 6 hours and you don’t know how he is doing, if he is dating anyone?” Brian says, “ I don’t know, it never came up.”

Apparently Fox has this kind of friendship with Malik.