Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

Reason #1 not to trade for LaVine. Don't block this guys playing time.

Watching this through Keon's ability to stay in front is just absolute perfection. He's always taking away the space just in front of the offensive player, but doesn't let him get into his body and draw contact for a foul. And his anticipation for contesting shots is just as good too. When he does get beat, he's got the length and athleticism to get a big contest or a block from behind. He's just always in position to get a good contest on the shot off.

Dude is special.
The thing about Keon is if Monk leaves he'd be a perfect backup PG/SG if you can land all star level talent next to Fox. Brown actually used Keon as a PG exclusively prior to needs putting him next to Fox. If Keon gets the starting spot and that restricts Monte from wanting to add any player at basically any position other than F then I do hope Monte looks to clear space if he can't land that F this summer. Having your SG spot locked down with a player on that cheap of a contract is a HUGE bonus. Then tack on Murray being on a rookie scale deal and that's how you set yourself up to land a major piece in FA without having to give up picks.

Would anyone do this trade:

Sac: Davion Mitchell+Harrison Barnes
Spurs: Jeremy Sochan+Keldon Johnson
Keldon could be attainable. He was reportedly dangled last season. Can't see Sochan getting moved yet though. It would probably take another "meh" season for him to be gettable.

The thing about Keon is if Monk leaves he'd be a perfect backup PG/SG if you can land all star level talent next to Fox. Brown actually used Keon as a PG exclusively prior to needs putting him next to Fox. If Keon gets the starting spot and that restricts Monte from wanting to add any player at basically any position other than F then I do hope Monte looks to clear space if he can't land that F this summer. Having your SG spot locked down with a player on that cheap of a contract is a HUGE bonus. Then tack on Murray being on a rookie scale deal and that's how you set yourself up to land a major piece in FA without having to give up picks.
Although another offensive star guard talent starting with Fox, is exactly what Brown apparently didn't see the upside for with Monk and him.

They might have won 50+ games had Ellis been starting for most of the season

Although another offensive star guard talent starting with Fox, is exactly what Brown apparently didn't see the upside for with Monk and him.

They might have won 50+ games had Ellis been starting for most of the season
That or he didn't see Monk as that guy. He apparently saw Huerter as that guy so who is to say. Monte also had a deal on the table for Beal WITH Monk on the roster. If Huerter and Barnes still with the Kings by the start of the season I'd be totally surprised if the starting lineup isn't exactly the same.

That or he didn't see Monk as that guy. He apparently saw Huerter as that guy so who is to say. Monte also had a deal on the table for Beal WITH Monk on the roster. If Huerter and Barnes still with the Kings by the start of the season I'd be totally surprised if the starting lineup isn't exactly the same.
That will suck if he feels obligated to going back to having Keon Ellis on the bench, playing behind Huerter and whoever else. I really hope that doesn't happen