• Mavericks in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mavericks in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy that making some good moves at the deadline instead of standing pat turned Dallas from play in team to a team that has a realistic shot to win it all.

Before they acquired Gafford and Washington for not exactly a kings ransom…I felt the Kings were better than Dallas. Certainly head to head. That obviously changed after the trades. As evident by the reversal in the head to head matchup and where Dallas stands today.

Not star players, just two fits that both provided something that Dallas severely and OBVIOUSLY lacked. Obviously it all starts with Luka and Kyrie but they all credit the trades.

Last edited:
Crazy that making some good moves at the deadline instead of standing pat turned Dallas from play in team to a team that has a realistic shot to win it all.

Before they acquired Gafford and Washington for not exactly a kings ransom. I felt the Kings were better than Dallas. Certainly head to head. That obviously changed after the trades. As evident by the reversal in the head to head matchup and where Dallas stands today.

Not star players, just two fits that both provided something that Dallas severely and OBVIOUSLY lacked. Obviously it all starts with Luka and Kyrie but they all credit the trades.
Great offense backed by good defense gets you playoff wins. Great job by Nico in identifying team weaknesses and executing to fix them. PJ maybe a slight overpay but Gafford was a steal. They tanked last year at the very end to drop out of the play-ins and got Lively in the draft. Also, no harm in having a lottery pick in the Wemby draft. People may crib about losing future picks but now is a good time to go for the championship as the old guard is dropping out and the new guard is not yet ready.

Monte has the right reads but his execution has been close but no cigar. I think he needs more of a human touch to iron out the final creases and close deals. It will be interesting to see what he can do with the #13 pick.

Lol **** Vlade.

I know it's annoying to keep harping on it but it's the WCF and he's got a 20 point quarter, saltiness is warranted.
Here's the thing, though, AT THE TIME, and given the roster we had on draft day, Vlade did actually make the right move, as drafting Bags "solved" the issue of not having a big man. Vlade went with fit rather than potential. And, in that very moment, asking for his head was, is, and always will be a little extreme.

HOWEVER, what Vlade should NOT have done is draft based on need, and he should have drafted based on potential. Luka was clearly the better prospect. Luka definitely had the higher ceiling. The Kings (whether it be Vlade, or another GM) definitely could have made moves to build a competent roster around Luka.

I'm more annoyed and pissed off at Vlade for passing up on a generational talent than I am at him drafting based on need. Because, drafting based on need was a warranted decision at that time. Also, I don't think I could've even predicted, on draft day, just how much of a dud Bags would've been in Kings colors.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Here's the thing, though, AT THE TIME, and given the roster we had on draft day, Vlade did actually make the right move, as drafting Bags "solved" the issue of not having a big man. Vlade went with fit rather than potential. And, in that very moment, asking for his head was, is, and always will be a little extreme.

HOWEVER, what Vlade should NOT have done is draft based on need, and he should have drafted based on potential. Luka was clearly the better prospect. Luka definitely had the higher ceiling. The Kings (whether it be Vlade, or another GM) definitely could have made moves to build a competent roster around Luka.

I'm more annoyed and pissed off at Vlade for passing up on a generational talent than I am at him drafting based on need. Because, drafting based on need was a warranted decision at that time. Also, I don't think I could've even predicted, on draft day, just how much of a dud Bags would've been in Kings colors.
I mean, if you want to play the "What if?" game, you might as well be mad at the Suns for passing on Doncic. Then the Kings could have drafted Ayton, and we wouldn't have to deal with Kings fans hate-watching their own team.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I decided that after the first quarter that this game was over and after using the fast forward feature, I was correct. Unfortunate ending for the Wolves season in front of their home crowd but they over exceeded expectations but Edwards needs some offensive help if they want to take that next step. Mavs defense is really great. Finals should be a fun and exciting series.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Lol **** Vlade.

I know it's annoying to keep harping on it but it's the WCF and he's got a 20 point quarter, saltiness is warranted.
I will never tire of Vlade bashing posts. Never ever ever.

I’m just glad I take the anger out on him and enjoy the hell out of Luka. He should have been on my team, I’m not letting an incompetent dork ruin that for me.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I decided that after the first quarter that this game was over and after using the fast forward feature, I was correct. Unfortunate ending for the Wolves season in front of their home crowd but they over exceeded expectations but Edwards needs some offensive help if they want to take that next step. Mavs defense is really great. Finals should be a fun and exciting series.
It's wild to say that Edwards needs offensive help when he has a guy on his team who dropped 62 in a game this season.

Soft assed mother****er...

I will never tire of Vlade bashing posts. Never ever ever.

I’m just glad I take the anger out on him and enjoy the hell out of Luka. He should have been on my team, I’m not letting an incompetent dork ruin that for me.
Vlade was a generational idiot as a GM. Mavs should be building Vlade a statue in front of their arena.

Also, we extended Vlade after the Bagley pick. Yes, that's how incompetent the Kings were. Thank God those times are over, I hope.

Mavs had a way tougher road I hope they win only luck they had was Kawahi being hurt, Boston on the other hand playing in a pathetic conference played against terrible teams who even at full health which none were would probably get spanked in a 7 game series by the 7-11 seeds in the West. The NBA has to change the NBA format it's insane how much harder one side is.

Making the East Finals is literally somewhere between making the play-in/winning a 1st round in the West.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I been knew that; does this mean that you're finally coming around?
I was never a fan of KAT to begin with but I can definitely see what your gripes are about him, which is why I've been condoning for the last two seasons for the Wolves to trade him while his value is still relatively decent enough to get a solid return. Maybe go after a Darius Garland, Colin Sexton, Dejounte Murray, I know its not his position but you shift Naz in that slot and then package a Mike Conley with him potentially.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Mavs had a way tougher road I hope they win only luck they had was Kawahi being hurt, Boston on the other hand playing in a pathetic conference played against terrible teams who even at full health which none were would probably get spanked in a 7 game series by the 7-11 seeds in the West. The NBA has to change the NBA format it's insane how much harder one side is.

Making the East Finals is literally somewhere between making the play-in/winning a 1st round in the West.
perfect example was the Heat making it last year after being a play-in squad. Despite all this, makes me wonder how a team with a top 3 player and one time MVP in Embiid have never gotten to the ECF yet.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Vlade was a generational idiot as a GM. Mavs should be building Vlade a statue in front of their arena.

Also, we extended Vlade after the Bagley pick. Yes, that's how incompetent the Kings were. Thank God those times are over, I hope.
I remember at the time when the Kings were doing their draft interviews and all where Vivek and Vlade went to Madrid I believe? to have dinner with Luka and reading somewhere that Vlade had a rocky relationship with his father, if true, that may of played a part in his decision, letting his distaste for another man cloud his better judgement.

The main problem for the Wolves was their offensive lack of movement over the seiries including reboudning, cutting, and then shooting; at least the Celtics do not have that level of problems on offense. Wolves took advantage of a slower Nuggets team earlier. Naz Reid had a terrible final game. Alexander was terrible in the series, and Anderson average looking. McDaniel was a big disappointment defensively. Both Gobert and Towns look washed up. Edwards was reduced to forcing plays. Wolves coaching staff tooled too. Turned the game off mid-2nd Q. The Wolves came out like it was a reguar season game and it showed. They were reduced this series to looking like the Nuggets 2023 whooping. Fairly sure the Kings could've been a more interesting opponent than that garbage, but then again the Kings may not have gotten past the Suns. Another weak bunch of playoff teams historically.

They ran it back, and this season will address your "hope" - the rubber meets the road for the Kings now. Synergy didn't happen. Unlikely another Halliburton gold mine materializes for the Kings in the draft, but its maybe a 1 in 20 chance if they just 'swing for the fence' .

I was never a fan of KAT to begin with but I can definitely see what your gripes are about him, which is why I've been condoning for the last two seasons for the Wolves to trade him while his value is still relatively decent enough to get a solid return. Maybe go after a Darius Garland, Colin Sexton, Dejounte Murray, I know its not his position but you shift Naz in that slot and then package a Mike Conley with him potentially.
Decent value after that mess! That's a chuckle.
Who wants Towns or Gobert after that display of wilting. Gobert shoukld be stripped of his supposed defennsive player of the year. Towns is a glue factory. Wolves have problems going forward exposed.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The main problem for the Wolves was their offensive lack of movement over the seiries including reboudning, cutting, and then shooting; at least the Celtics do not have that level of problems on offense. Wolves took advantage of a slower Nuggets team earlier. Naz Reid had a terrible final game. Alexander was terrible in the series, and Anderson average looking. McDaniel was a big disappointment defensively. Both Gobert and Towns look washed up. Edwards was reduced to forcing plays. Wolves coaching staff tooled too. Turned the game off mid-2nd Q. The Wolves came out like it was a reguar season game and it showed. They were reduced this series to looking like the Nuggets 2023 whooping. Fairly sure the Kings could've been a more interesting opponent than that garbage, but then again the Kings may not have gotten past the Suns. Another weak bunch of playoff teams historically.
the fact that the Wolves managed to make it this far with just their defense and occasional hot shooting from their role guys was an impressive season considering their franchise history isn't very long and isn't very successful either.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Decent value after that mess! That's a chuckle.
Who wants Towns or Gobert after that display of wilting. Gobert shoukld be stripped of his supposed defennsive player of the year. Towns is a glue factory. Wolves have problems going forward exposed.
all it takes is one GM to believe in KAT and I'd imagine there still is something decent the Wolves can get in return but they must strike in July and onwards

gunks

Hall of Famer
I mean, if you want to play the "What if?" game, you might as well be mad at the Suns for passing on Doncic. Then the Kings could have drafted Ayton, and we wouldn't have to deal with Kings fans hate-watching their own team.
I love the McNair Kings, even though last season was occasionally frustrating, I can see a bright future with Fox, Domas, Keegan and (hopefully) Brown. Only thing I'm salty about in Kings game threads is "spray" 3s!

I'm more of a "hate-Vlade-Luka-watching" guy.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I love the McNair Kings, even though last season was occasionally frustrating, I can see a bright future with Fox, Domas, Keegan and (hopefully) Brown. Only thing I'm salty about in Kings game threads is "spray" 3s!

I'm more of a "hate-Vlade-Luka-watching" guy.
I still love Boogie so maybe my dislike of Luka's personality is resentment we passed the pick that I did want at the time, but I'm still most frustrated that if a big man is what we wanted why we didn't even work out the others.

But yeah why don't the Suns or even the Hawks catch the strays that we do? I'd rather be us than either of them today. Although I guess having the Kings roster in ATL with an East Coast travel and opponent schedule would be a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.