Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm not opposed to him as the backup 5 if Len and McGee are gone, it seems like that could be an upgrade. Just should focus on the glaring need to upgrade Barnes's spot in the starting lineup and re-signing Monk/replacing Monk.

I'm not opposed to him as the backup 5 if Len and McGee are gone, it seems like that could be an upgrade. Just should focus on the glaring need to upgrade Barnes's spot in the starting lineup and re-signing Monk/replacing Monk.
Agreed. The Jonas rumor doesn't make much sense, unless the Kings are planning to move Domas to PF and start Jonas at center. The Kings have much more glaring needs than spending the MLE (or most of it) on a back up center this summer.

My take on Lavine is that comes close to a net negative contract if it’s it already. His numbers have been declining. Making a crap ton of money. If Sac was to take him on, then I’d want another player added in as a sweetener……like Ayo or other useful piece.
Lavine has been in the NBA for 10 seasons now and he's had 3 of those years above 70 games. The last 5 years:

It's the same problem with going and getting Brad Beal, just not as much an albatross contract as he has. Older player, huge deal, declining numbers and a pretty huge injury risk. Just no reason to go there.

Easy pass on LaVine. Have always been a huge fan of going after him, but it’s clear that he just can’t stay healthy. If we’ve learned anything in the last few seasons, it’s that availability is a big part in team success.

I’d take a declining HB and underperforming Huerter over LaVine who’s not guaranteed to play more than half a season

My take on Lavine is that comes close to a net negative contract if it’s it already. His numbers have been declining. Making a crap ton of money. If Sac was to take him on, then I’d want another player added in as a sweetener……like Ayo or other useful piece.
If Huerter and Barnes are going back with nothing else, take the W.

Lavine has been in the NBA for 10 seasons now and he's had 3 of those years above 70 games. The last 5 years:

It's the same problem with going and getting Brad Beal, just not as much an albatross contract as he has. Older player, huge deal, declining numbers and a pretty huge injury risk. Just no reason to go there.
Almost all of his advanced numbers match up with Fox. If it's the last resort? Take it as long as no long term value is going out.

DLo and KC said on their show yesterday I believe that ownership was willing to take on Lavine but the front office was not interested. So he is willing to spend
I’m hoping that Hali’s run with the Pacers doesn’t influence Monte to make a rash win now move. Monte needs to find the right pieces in the right age range to flourish with our core.

I’m hoping Monte stays away from those bigger name, older, injury plagued players like LaVine and Brad Beal.

Last edited:
I personally like the idea of Ingram. Not sure how to get him here but i think he could play well within our framework.
Mikal Bridges too but it would take us trading Keegan and I’m not sure there’s that much of a difference in talent to overcome the salary discrepancy.

Jerami Grant is also a guy that fits well….really well.

perhaps there is a team overloaded with younger players who needs to move out from them to get win now vets…..Houston is the most obvious one.

Im positive Monte is pinpointing this off-season as one in which he can swoop in as teams need to make moves.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I’m hoping that Hali’s run with the Pacers doesn’t influence Monte to make a rash win now move. Monte needs to find the right pieces in the right age range to flourish with our core.

I’n hoping Monte stays away from those bigger name, older, injury plagued players like LaVine and Brad Beal.
I doubt it will. I'm pretty sure Monte can see the bigger picture and understands the competitive balance of the East vs. the West. Hell I bet Vivek might even be able to see it.

I doubt it will. I'm pretty sure Monte can see the bigger picture and understands the competitive balance of the East vs. the West. Hell I bet Vivek might even be able to see it.
We'll see, but from that end of the season presser it sounded like Monte is ready to move on up. Every single whiff trade wise, Beal, OG, and Siakam, shows he is going for it but won't just take any deal and for now that he won't include Murray. Monte moved Holmes to make a move, not just re-sign Domas. That move was obviously made to give the Wiz some space then Monte pivoted. Rash? No. Willing? Yep.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
We'll see, but from that end of the season presser it sounded like Monte is ready to move on up. Every single whiff trade wise, Beal, OG, and Siakam, shows he is going for it but won't just take any deal and for now that he won't include Murray. Monte moved Holmes to make a move, not just re-sign Domas. That move was obviously made to give the Wiz some space then Monte pivoted. Rash? No. Willing? Yep.
Don't get me wrong, he's not going to stand pat or even just tinker. But I don't think we're talking about trading Fox, Keegan or Domas this year (I can see that type of thing happening if we had back to back runs deep into the playoffs but stall at the WCF).

the only difference between HB and Kyle Anderson is that Anderson has mainly been a bench player for the last couple of years lol
I skimmed that article and wish I hadn’t. Reminded me of bad old days Bleacher Report—suggests the Pelicans somehow could get Monk for the MLE, lists Killian Hayes as a dream for the Wizards (maybe KOC ghost wrote that section), etc.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I skimmed that article and wish I hadn’t. Reminded me of bad old days Bleacher Report—suggests the Pelicans somehow could get Monk for the MLE, lists Killian Hayes as a dream for the Wizards (maybe KOC ghost wrote that section), etc.
I don't know if "their best hope is to sign a player who doesn't belong in the NBA" is more of an indictment of Bleacher Report or of the Wizards...

The Kings have turned their team around since Mike Brown showed up. That makes acquiring new players via trade or free agency much easier in a small market like Sacto. I don't see the Kings play all the time, but my gut feeling is that upgrades from Heurter and/or Barnes that can play better defense would make a difference.

I personally like the idea of Ingram. Not sure how to get him here but i think he could play well within our framework.
Mikal Bridges too but it would take us trading Keegan and I’m not sure there’s that much of a difference in talent to overcome the salary discrepancy.

Jerami Grant is also a guy that fits well….really well.

perhaps there is a team overloaded with younger players who needs to move out from them to get win now vets…..Houston is the most obvious one.
From Houston, I think the best fitting and maybe more easily available player to go for would be Tari Eason, especially if they draft a big forward.

- Fox, Huerter/Monk, Murray, Eason, Sabonis

Having someone who can actually and properly make an impact on defense (instead of Harrison Barnes) will more easily allow the Kings to use Huerter/Monk in lineups next to Fox.

Last edited:
From Houston, I think the best fitting and maybe more easily available player to go for would be Tari Eason, especially if they draft a big forward.

- Fox, Huerter/Monk, Murray, Eason, Sabonis

Having someone who can actually and properly make an impact on defense (instead of Harrison Barnes) will more easily allow the Kings to use Huerter/Monk in lineups next to Fox.
Eason would be nice…..they can’t play all those young guys

Anyone of Eason, Patrick Williams or Deni Avdija would be a nice addition. The only fear I have with Eason is his recent injury history. And I think Eason would maybe be the cheapest of the three.

The Kings have turned their team around since Mike Brown showed up. That makes acquiring new players via trade or free agency much easier in a small market like Sacto. I don't see the Kings play all the time, but my gut feeling is that upgrades from Heurter and/or Barnes that can play better defense would make a difference.

We have to get off the "small market vs large market" teams. There isn't a small market or large market anymore. Anyone can watch any game as they would like. Even if you are out of the market of a team you like you can watch probably 50-60 games per year for free (and more if you really want to). The only "market" are the owners now. Not sure why sites still list Vivek as having only 700 million. The guy is probably closer to 3-5 billion from what I have read, maybe even more. We can afford who wants to come here. As for the night life, DOCO is an amazing place to let some steam off in downtown Sac. I work in Downtown and the nightlife has become pretty amazing in DOCO. I have lived in LA as well and it's pretty darn close to LA Live. Homeless problem in Sac isn't as bad as Los Angeles, except there are a few agitators who are constantly hanging out new DOCO. The ones that come to mind are the guy that screams "B!tch" all the time for some reason, then you have "Scruffy" who is a white dude who has the light brown curly hair and scruffy dark blonde or light brown beard. He sometimes only has one shoe, and he travels up and down I St/J St/H St. He likes to throw things like his shoes, and does wind sprints up and down the DOCO area. He's more entertainment than anything, but he's still a mentally disturbed person who is a tad racist when he's in a weird mood. Then you have the small white lady with the big glasses. She screams bloody murder for no reason. Dreadlock older black guy who has a conversation with himself 24/7 but is usually harmless. Then the people that just sleep in the middle of the sidewalk you have to watch out for. But again, not even close to being as bad as LA Live.

Last edited:
Sasha Vezenkov
Davion Mitchell
Chris Duarte
Colby Jones

for

Andrew Wiggins

The Warriors shed $5.1 mil in salary for the upcoming season but also get out of a lot of long term salary since Vezenkov, Mitchell, Duarte, and Jones are either expirings or have unguaranteed deals next offseason. If the Warriors decide to let Thompson walk, this gives the Warriors a shot at adding another big name next to Curry and Draymond during the 2025 off-season while saving them from cap/tax hell. They also get a look at Mitchell and Jones to see if they want to keep them long term. They’d have to move off Kuminga and Moody for future picks/assets since their cap holds next season will be too high to sign a max player but they could have a core of Curry, Green, Podz, TJD, C. Jones, a likely 2025 lottery pick in a strong draft, a max FA signing, and any future draft capital they acquired by trading Kuminga and Moody. Some guys they could target during the 2025 off-season with their cap space could be J. Murray, Brunson, Irving, D. White, Caruso, Brogdon, D. Mitchell, Butler, Middleton, Ingram, Tatum, Finney-Smith, A. Gordon, Randle, Markkanen, Portis, Reid, Isaac, M. Turner, Horford, and Lopez.

PG - Curry / Mitchell
SG - Podziemski / Payton / Jones
SF - Moody / Duarte / Santos
PF - Kuminga / Vezenkov
C - Green / Jackson-Davis / Looney

The Kings take on Wiggins big contract but hope that he can return to form under Mike Brown. If so, Wiggins fills a big need for the Kings as someone who has athleticism & length at the forward spot while being a great defender, good shooter, and solid secondary scorer. We’d still be in a great spot to make a bigger trade down the road considering we’d still have #13, all of our future 1sts (after it hopefully conveys to ATL this season), and a fair amount of expiring salary in Barnes & Huerter.

PG - Fox / Monk
SG - Ellis / Huerter
SF - Wiggins / Barnes
PF - Murray / Lyles
C - Sabonis

Last edited:
Kevin Huerter
Davion Mitchell

for

Bruce Brown
Jalen McDaniels

The Raptors add a great shooter to help space the floor further for Barnes and Mitchell gives them a young 3&D PG to take a look at to see if they want to keep long term with their core.

PG - Quickley / Mitchell
SG - Huerter / Dick / Freeman-Liberty
SF - Barrett / Agbai
PF - Barnes / Boucher
C - Poeltl / Olynyk

If the Kings resign Monk, they’ll have many players who can play the 1/2 (Fox, Ellis, Monk, Mitchell). Consolidating Huerter and Mitchell for Brown frees up that log jam while giving us a good 2/3 defender to throw at teams.

PG - Fox / Monk
SG - Ellis / Brown / Jones
SF - Murray / McDaniels / Duarte
PF - Barnes / Lyles / Vezenkov
C - Sabonis

I think the minutes rotation would be pretty clean after this trade…

PG - Fox (34) / Monk (14)
SG - Ellis (26) / Monk (14) / Brown (8)
SF - Murray (32) / Brown (16)
PF - Barnes (26) / Lyles (22)
C - Sabonis (34) / Len (14)

…or if the opposing team allows us to go small at the 5, it could be…

PF - Barnes (26) / Sasha (14) / Lyles (8)
C - Sabonis (34) / Lyles (14)

Kevin Huerter
Davion Mitchell

for

Bruce Brown
Jalen McDaniels

The Raptors add a great shooter to help space the floor further for Barnes and Mitchell gives them a young 3&D PG to take a look at to see if they want to keep long term with their core.

PG - Quickley / Mitchell
SG - Huerter / Dick / Freeman-Liberty
SF - Barrett / Agbai
PF - Barnes / Boucher
C - Poeltl / Olynyk

If the Kings resign Monk, they’ll have many players who can play the 1/2 (Fox, Ellis, Monk, Mitchell). Consolidating Huerter and Mitchell for Brown frees up that log jam while giving us a good 2/3 defender to throw at teams.

PG - Fox / Monk
SG - Ellis / Brown / Jones
SF - Murray / McDaniels / Duarte
C - Sabonis

I think the minutes rotation would be pretty clean after this trade…

PF - Barnes (26) / Lyles (22)
C - Sabonis (34) / Len (14)

…or if the opposing team allows us to go small at the 5, it could be…

PF - Barnes (26) / Sasha (14) / Lyles (8)
C - Sabonis (34) / Lyles (14)
Is Bruce Browns contract not a team option? You reckon the Raptors will pick up like 20+mil for Bruce Brown?

Is Bruce Browns contract not a team option? You reckon the Raptors will pick up like 20+mil for Bruce Brown?
They might if they think they could get some value for him but they could obviously just waive him and open up some cap space. I think it would be around $26.7 mil in cap space but not sure what they’d be able to accomplish with that considering Toronto won’t be that attractive of a FA destination.

They might if they think they could get some value for him but they could obviously just waive him and open up some cap space. I think it would be around $26.7 mil in cap space but not sure what they’d be able to accomplish with that considering Toronto won’t be that attractive of a FA destination.
Yeah as a big expiring he would have more value than the cap space if they can't land anyone.

Kevin Huerter
I like the idea of adding Bruce Brown.... but there's a huge red flag here... i.e., Barnes as a starter? This team didn't make the playoffs with this starting 5. Granted, the end of the season was derailed with the injuries to Huerter and Monk... but how are the Kings going to be better than a first round exit next season with the same starting 5, and especially with Barnes as a starter again?

An upgrade on Barnes is the Kings' biggest need, IMHO, and it should have been done last summer TBH.