[Game] Kings vs. Warriors - 4/16/2024 (Play-In Tournament) - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Which Kings team will we see tomorrow night?

• The TERRIBLE Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox is taking terrible shots. Being a leader of the team and if you know the other team is chipping away the lead....you should have some sense of stopping the bleeding by attacking the basket with your speed instead settling for shots.
Both teams entire game plan is to stop the others star PG. Even if it leaves 3 point shooters, drop offs, and back cuts open. This is where Monk being out is hurting because that other half of the pick and roll game for the Kings isn't there. Although Keon has been running it pretty well, he's just not scoring out of it.

Brown should have gone to Sabonis and have him bully Kuminga inside to take advantage of the smaller size. This is how you take advantage of their lineups. If they're attacking Sabonis with Kuminga...you should have some sense that Kuminga can't guard Sabonis either.
Yeah, and they've been putting Wiggins on Domas too. It's just not who Domas is usually. The Warriors have also been pretty good at digging down on Domas in the side post. If teams do that, he's passing to a shooter without even thinking.

I can't stand HB...his size and his defense is horrendous. His help team defense is probably the worst in the league. Beside his offense, his defense sucks. If the Kings lose this game, please remove HB from the roster.

Yeah, I would consider him that. If he wants to take it up to another level, he'll have to get more aggressive to the hoop. The guy can play way above the rim, but hasn't figured out how to take advantage of it
I still partly blame Brown. Teams consistently put guards on him. Pound that from the post if for nothing more than to force the defense to slide over.

Murray better take 30 shots or more in this game because Fox can't hit the broad side of barn from 3. It would also be nice if Barnes could make some 3s.
That's what has always concerned me about him taking a lot more 3's and settling a lot. His mid range game always seems to translate and puts pressure on the defense

Sabonis and Fox not shooting well. Going to be tough without them scoring
I seriously think one of the things missing this season has been an adjustment in just the situations moving both of their scoring into the paint and trusting their teammates on the perimeter. When we do that we've been very successful but when they just keep trying to make it happen from the outside when they're shot isn't falling those long rebounds end up killing us

Our problem is our two best players so far are not the guys making 60M combined
True, but neither are theirs. The issue is typical, they have that athletic F who can rise up over the Kings smalls, and drive past the Kings bigs in a switch scheme when they run a gimmicky pick and roll.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Sabonis and Fox not shooting well. Going to be tough without them scoring
5-9 (Sabonis) and 5-11 (Fox) from the floor is actually really good. Fox is just missing his threes and Sabonis is getting picked apart in the lane before he can gather and go up strong. That's where some of the non-calls are hurting us inside. We've seen it all year though. High flyers get preferential treatment from the refs. THe comparatively ground bound guys have to earn it the hard way (with a black eye). I understand why he's frustrated but he needs to realize that getting people frustrated is Draymond's bread and butter and find a way to calm himself down.

For the 2nd half, with all the disrespect Sabonis getting, I want to see him getting the ball at the top of the key and driving to the hoop. No dribbling then turning his back to the basket, and letting the D off the hook. Dribble at them, seek contact without bulldozing them and getting an offensive foul, use a lefty hook, throw in some shots with the right hand. We are paying him a lot of money to be playing like an exclusive lefty Bagley-type

I seriously think one of the things missing this season has been an adjustment in just the situations moving both of their scoring into the paint and trusting their teammates on the perimeter. When we do that we've been very successful but when they just keep trying to make it happen from the outside when they're shot isn't falling those long rebounds end up killing us
The highest paid guys tend to force, even when they shouldn't

I still partly blame Brown. Teams consistently put guards on him. Pound that from the post if for nothing more than to force the defense to slide over.
I have been calling for Murray to catch the ball on the wing like Tim Duncan in a triple threat position. Clear out the wing to isolate and run cuts and drops to let him operate.

That should have been implemented MONTHS ago.

For the 2nd half, with all the disrespect Sabonis getting, I want to see him getting the ball at the top of the key and driving to the hoop. No dribbling then turning his back to the basket, and letting the D off the hook. Dribble at them, seek contact without bulldozing them and getting an offensive foul, use a lefty hook, throw in some shots with the right hand. We are paying him a lot of money to be playing like an exclusive lefty Bagley-type
Sabonis is missing every outside shot he is taking. He needs to start taking and making 18-20 footers.

Status
Not open for further replies.