[Game] Kings vs. Pelicans - 4/11/2024 - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Monte trades our only assets for “cash considerations” I’ll be at the front of the line to get him fired.

IMO, it’s Monte’s fault that this team stagnated this year. He was one of the few teams with some cap space and momentum this summer and instead of trying to improve the team, he “ran it back” even though even casual fans could tell he needed to move on from Huerter and HB. Now we are going to be capped out and Huerter and HB is an even more unfavorable trade asset in trades this summer.
That's the thing though, I still don't think Monte ran it back due to overconfidence, he did it to hang onto trade pieces. The issue is Brown started phasing out both Huerter and Barnes and teams started wondering why they weren't the same as last year. This is why re-signing Monk to a big contract just to use him as a trade piece isn't wise. Not until Monte clears up some clutter.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
One of these years we should stop allowing wide open threes.
It’s not really an issue of “allowing” wide open threes. It’s that we’re so concerned with applying pressure at the point of attack for some reason that it leaves us vulnerable to any and all secondary actions

That's the thing though, I still don't think Monte ran it back due to overconfidence, he did it to hang onto trade pieces. The issue is Brown started phasing out both Huerter and Barnes and teams started wondering why they weren't the same as last year. This is why re-signing Monk to a big contract just to use him as a trade piece isn't wise. Not until Monte clears up some clutter.
Is it time to push all the chips in for Mikal Bridges?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Pels know they have the Kings' number and the Kings' know it too. Too long, too athletic, even without Ingram. There would have to be some major changes to the Kings' roster to have a chance against this team in the future.

It’s not really an issue of “allowing” wide open threes. It’s that we’re so concerned with applying pressure at the point of attack for some reason that it leaves us vulnerable to any and all secondary actions
The end result is a wide open 3 so it really doesn't matter how you slice it.

New year same defense.

You think he phased them out? Or did they just play bad? Honest question.

I think brown pushed this defense narrative so hard it messed up our offense flow and killed huerters confidence. Barnes was already a lost cause.

I remember people saying him and grant where the same level. They are most certainly not

Status
Not open for further replies.