[Game] Kings @ Knicks- 4/4/2024 - 4:30PM PST/7:30PM EST (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy the national games have been awful for us this year. Yuck! I sure wish we discovered Ellis as the starter earlier in the year. I think we’d be a top 6 team so I’m not gonna get too down after a poor 4th quarter tonight. If the Kings can continue that defensive effort we saw earlier tonight, they’ll have a chance to win most of these coming games.

Spray 3s require them to touch the paint. Or, at the very least, drive and kick. The Kings don’t do that when things start going south. It’s bad that Brown can’t stop it.
True. They don't even get to the "spray" part much of the time. So I guess that would be Brown's excuse.....in that the team isn't executing what he wants

Back to the doldrums
Haha. This teams is pretty much where it belongs. With the West this year, this is a 6-8 type of team. The pundits that predicted that prior to the year got bashed, but they were right. The great news is that Kings may have found a cheap and perfect fit next to Fox. That being what it is, Keegan still being on a rookie deal, and with some of the role players showing value this means Monte might be one piece away. The trick is going to be getting that piece though.

How the hell do u make josh freakin hart look like luka doncic out there with 31 points 9 rebounds 8 assists on 14 of 19 shooting. Possibly the best game of his career?

To be fair, the Kings were still getting the contact that was getting called a foul in the first half, Tony Brothers just decided to stop calling them fouls in the second half the second McBride got his 4th foul.
Yeah, this is a game where the free throws were the difference in score. The overall issue was the Kings inability to handle their pressure. Towards the end the Kings wore down. Brown way overplayed Lyles as well. He cratered at one point.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, this is a game where the free throws were the difference in score. The overall issue was the Kings inability to handle their pressure. Towards the end the Kings wore down. Brown way overplayed Lyles as well. He cratered at one point.
I think that's where the injuries also start to come into play too. Huerter is big enough to play at a forward slot when Lyles is tired and Barnes is in invisible mode or you could go small and play Monk and Fox. With both of those guys out though, Brown just sorta got stuck having to play a guy fresh off of a moderately serious injury 20 minutes in a row.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
How the hell do u make josh freakin hart look like luka doncic out there with 31 points 9 rebounds 8 assists on 14 of 19 shooting. Possibly the best game of his career?
Josh Hart has been the secret weapon on my fantasy teams for years: this is not the best game of his career... it's up there, though.

I'm p***ed that bballref put their stats tool behind a paywall, because I'd like to look up how many other players have ever amassed 5+ triple-doubles in a season while averaging single-digit points?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Josh Hart has been the secret weapon on my fantasy teams for years: this is not the best game of his career... it's up there, though.

I'm p***ed that bballref put their stats tool behind a paywall, because I'd like to look up how many other players have ever amassed 5+ triple-doubles in a season while averaging single-digit points?
Gotta imagine Draymond is one of them but I can't possibly guess who else. Maybe Rondo?

We have no interior presence.
I was curious and just checked... it is indeed the best game of his career or at least very close to it.
Hart put up a 20/19/10 night in March and his career high is 44 from last year.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
Kings have shot 16-38 from three…it mostly fell off in the fourth but otherwise distributed well evenly enough throughout the game. It’s not why they blew this game. I see people pointing it out like things were going swimmingly and then the threes stopped falling. Things were going good until they were unable to stop anybody.

Defense, defense, turnovers, and defense is why they are on their way to an L.

The three just wasn’t there to save them in the 4th but at the rate the Knicks are scoring at in the second half, a few more threes wouldn’t matter.

The three is usually what you can point to with the Kings but not tonight.

Bad loss.

It doesn’t get any easier tomorrow. Boston on a back to back. Kings usually play them tough for a quarter and a half before the beatdown starts but I don’t know if the Kings are usually on a back to back in those matchups

Good performance from the bench again.

Fox was excellent in the first half but became inefficient in the second half and some of his turnovers in the third were back breakers…notably when a especially errant pass led to a fast break where Keegan picked up number 5.

Keegan was solid.

Domas wasn’t good tonight after the first.

Would’ve never known HB played if it wasn’t for his 3 turnovers and the fact that the Kings can’t afford to have any starters not recording any positive stats for an entire game ….and HB is the only Kings starter with a positive +/- in the end lol. In case anybody was watching that stat closer than they should be.

Maybe the Knicks did something, but something is wrong when Davion and Keon are a combined 8-9 FG in the first half but finish the game with a combined 14 total FGA. That looks like vintage Kings not riding the hot hand.

Well, hopefully it can come down to our head to head matchups with the Suns and Pelicans and we don’t come home out of it. Pelicans aren’t playing well

Status
Not open for further replies.