[Game] Kings @ Phoenix Suns, 2/13/2024, 7:00p PT/10:00p ET (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time the Kings played a game on TNT, we took a nice drive to visit our friends by the bay. Today/tonight, we take a nice flight to visit our friends in Arizona.

So far, we are up 2-1 in the season series against the Suns, with game 5 scheduled to take place on 4/12, in Beam Town, USA.

The Suns are a tough matchup. This is NOT going to be an easy game, and we will most likely have to play a nearly flawless contest if we even want to be in the game down the stretch.

Regardless, I am excited to be able to watch my team on national television. The fine folks over at the NBA and TNT are also giving me a nice bonus, as they have assigned my favorite sideline reporter (Allie LaForce) to cover our game tonight.

Here's to lighting beans tonight in Arizona!!!

1707842776667.png

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

gunks

Hall of Famer
Is anyone else not quite as tuned in to the NBA as they were last year? I feel like 90% of the games these days are solely decided on who hits their 3s and who doesn't. Kind of has me losing interest.
Yes and no.

With how long the Kings postseason drought was, I'm tuning in to as many Kings games as possible in what's looking like another run at a playoff berth.

Otherwise, meh... I totally agree with you that the 3pt spam fest is boring as all hell. Nevermind the typically suspect officiating (has anyone seen the Lakers FT disparity this season? Silver really wants LeBron to make it to the post season) that goes along with flop happy "superstars".

Is anyone else not quite as tuned in to the NBA as they were last year? I feel like 90% of the games these days are solely decided on who hits their 3s and who doesn't. Kind of has me losing interest.
I watch these threads and the box score for what's going on. I can't watch the modern game/refs. Also why I dont bother posting as much. Go Kings!

I’ve kinda gone the other way. I watch all the Kings games and with league pass I watch a ton of other games. In the past I was kings only. The talent in the NBA is at an all time high and the skill level is unmatched. Yeh the threes can get annoying but at least teams are sharing the ball and moving it around for those shots. I’d prefer that over too much iso. The physicality can be hit or miss on defense but I watched the Knicks Rockets game last night and it was super physical and scrappy.

It definitely makes the game less interesting. Try going back and watching a great offense from back in the day, like the 2000-03 Kings. Now that is what fun to watch and interesting basketball looks like. Or if you want to see something really eye opening, go back and watch the 1980's Celtics and other top offenses score 125 points without hardly ever taking a 3, unless they had to

It definitely makes the game less interesting. Try going back and watching a great offense from back in the day, like the 2000-03 Kings. Now that is what fun to watch and interesting basketball looks like. Or if you want to see something really eye opening, go back and watch the 1980's Celtics and other top offenses score 125 points without hardly ever taking a 3, unless they had to
The "five-out" offenses are often not as intricate or, as ESP47 puts it, as interesting than even five years ago, let alone in the 1980s and 1990s. They are super-fast, though. The weaves that Sacramento runs all the time, on the other hand, with all the variants they incorporate, are satisfying to watch. It is weird seeing a team like Charlotte trying to imitate the Kings' offense, but not quite succeeding...

On the defensive side, I lose patience with teams--NBA and college alike--who abandon man-to-man or tight zone coverage to "protect the lane." This has been going on for fifteen years or more. I can only guess that Mike Brown decided he did not have the players he needed to really play defense the way he wanted to last season, and so gave them a simplified defensive scheme. But his players, at his behest, have improved individually this season, so why not upgrade the defensive strategies?

A few thoughts, anyway. It is hard to compare eras.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
Man, I’m like numb to sports for a minute after the Super Bowl lol. None of my other teams will be that close any time soon.

I’ll try to get up for this game . Hopefully the Kings can play well. They’ve matched up well with Phoenix. Hopefully they don’t fold if they put KD at center again

The "five-out" offenses are often not as intricate or, as ESP47 puts it, as interesting than even five years ago, let alone in the 1980s and 1990s. They are super-fast, though. The weaves that Sacramento runs all the time, on the other hand, with all the variants they incorporate, are satisfying to watch. It is weird seeing a team like Charlotte trying to imitate the Kings' offense, but not quite succeeding...

On the defensive side, I lose patience with teams--NBA and college alike--who abandon man-to-man or tight zone coverage to "protect the lane." This has been going on for fifteen years or more. I can only guess that Mike Brown decided he did not have the players he needed to really play defense the way he wanted to last season, and so gave them a simplified defensive scheme. But his players, at his behest, have improved individually this season, so why not upgrade the defensive strategies?

A few thoughts, anyway. It is hard to compare eras.
It's not hard to compare eras, in the sense that the game was always about working to find open shots in a variety of areas and distances vs this era where long distance shots are the goal.

Watching a guy back peddle and step back from 18 feet to the corner 3 point line, instead of stepping into a shot from about 16 feet, is the example that happens regularly

GO KINGS!! Give yourselves a chance to win in the end, if not just flat out beat them. They’re capable. I hope the Kings can get to the foul line often (make them) and not be so reliant on the 3. Fox setting the tone early, will be key IMO.

Why in the world we have to play in Denver in less than 24 hours is beyond me. The schedule makers want us to be a lottery team so bad wtf is this
Well honestly we played with them twice in their second B2B night so no surprise we have to “return” one of the two …

Trey Lyles is OUT, not so many options in the bench for power forward, especially if Suns will use KD again as center. Kessler or Duarte that is back will get some minutes in the rotation I guess.

Trey Lyles is OUT, not so many options in the bench for power forward, especially if Suns will use KD again as center. Kessler or Duarte that is back will get some minutes in the rotation I guess.
I would love to see Kessler get some run. He shot 50% from three in January and is 43% in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.