What should the kings do?

What should the Kings do?

• Trade Keegan and picks for star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire Coach Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Deadline is getting close, rumors are getting old, some deals are finally being made. What would you do if in charge? I didn’t include options like Grant, or D Murray because it doesn’t appear the blazers will trade him and Murray doesn’t fit.

Interesting that "Fire Coach Brown" is included. Curious to see if it gets any votes. Hope whoever makes that choice will detail the reason in a post below.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Do whatever is the most talented option at the end of the day that is within what Monte is willing to move. Then start figuring out the role players. It's possible if someone like LaVine or Wiggins are cheap enough, THEN Monte can move picks to get option number 2 on that list.

I voted "minor move" because I think any "big move" would require moving Huerter or Barnes when their value is at an all-time low. We need to see internal improvement there to either roll with them going forward or assess moving them in the off-season. I don't think there's enough time before the trade deadline to rehab their value but who knows.

Ofc maybe some of those targets could be gotten without moving those 2 but I doubt it

I am going with my old opinion here - don’t do moves now , wait for the offseason …
Both lakers and warrior are in deep crises and will go for chaotic trades at the end of this deadline in my opinion and we will be left with nothing really good … a desperate trade just for the idea to have a trade alway a bad outcome at the end …
Team is solid , with good potential - build on it !
Second round in playoffs I a realistic target , optimistic is conference final , I think at this time of the franchise rebuilding this is really ok plan

I am going with my old opinion here - don’t do moves now , wait for the offseason …
Both lakers and warrior are in deep crises and will go for chaotic trades at the end of this deadline in my opinion and we will be left with nothing really good … a desperate trade just for the idea to have a trade alway a bad outcome at the end …
Team is solid , with good potential - build on it !
Second round in playoffs I a realistic target , optimistic is conference final , I think at this time of the franchise rebuilding this is really ok plan
It depends on the pieces being moved. Right now Monte is clearly looking to move the pieces that are already on the outside looking in when it comes to the future of this team. And the only problem with the offseason is almost every team is looking to make moves then. Sign and trades provide potential but also make the market overloaded. Then you have players pretty much hand selecting locations in sign and trades as well which we know puts Sac behind the 8 ball. Also, the teams that made moves at the deadline likely won't be looking to move off by the next summer so that takes potential trade locations off the list. Mostly likely the Kings have an index of who they like and have them separated by deadline targets and offseason targets with some degree of overlap.

Trade for a plus defender not named Isaac. He’s one of the most injury prone player ever. In the last 3 years, he has played a grand total of 37 games.

The trade off is not worth whatever we’ll send for him. He’s owed $17million, and we’d need to send players back for salary match.

I don’t think the Kings can afford to sit on their hands and do nothing when we’re already in play-in territory and look worse than last year as a unit. You’re also seeing the consequence of a healthy Western conference where barely being above .500 by 7-8 games doesn’t guarantee you the 4th seed like last year.

Unless we’re content with being a play-in team with 1st round exit aspirations, then we need to make changes even if it’s a minor one.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
defense preferably such as Caruso, Finney-Smith, Royce, small moves that will benefit the team. Another swing I wouldn't mind is Miles Bridges, I like Zach but the guy can't stay healthy so I'm starting to steer away from that direction

S
It depends on the pieces being moved. Right now Monte is clearly looking to move the pieces that are already on the outside looking in when it comes to the future of this team. And the only problem with the offseason is almost every team is looking to make moves then. Sign and trades provide potential but also make the market overloaded. Then you have players pretty much hand selecting locations in sign and trades as well which we know puts Sac behind the 8 ball. Also, the teams that made moves at the deadline likely won't be looking to move off by the next summer so that takes potential trade locations off the list. Mostly likely the Kings have an index of who they like and have them separated by deadline targets and offseason targets with some degree of overlap.
Still i think there is more value in ofseason move then just a trade for the idea to be make a trade ...
Kuzma is the most realistic target at the moment and he will bring nothing on the D side of the team , where Coach is so demanding ...
Seems like portland wont give us Grant , which makes useless to take Thybulle
LaVine in my opinion looks like a broken goods at the moment being sidelined for the better part of last two months
Bogdanovic i don't see what he will bring different from what we have in Lyles and Vezenkov (of course we can switch them if Monte decide)
Murray from Hawks looks hot the moment but I dont see what we can offer them so they will be ok for to give him to us ...
So basicly there is not a move (at least which has been discusses over here) which you can say THAT IS ...

the issue with picks is this:

If we trade our 26 first rounder and it would for sure have protections on it, we would not have any ammo left for any future moves. That makes me nervous.
True but how big of a move can we truly make in the future is another question. Fox is gonna get the super super max in two years and Keegan will be maxed at the same time. Sabonis is 44 million per year and Monk will be resigned this year.bif wete makihh my a move it’s now and just hope Thybull is that all nba defender and Keegan turns into one as well while giving us 20ppg

Trade for a plus defender not named Isaac. He’s one of the most injury prone player ever. In the last 3 years, he has played a grand total of 37 games.

The trade off is not worth whatever we’ll send for him. He’s owed $17million, and we’d need to send players back for salary match.

I don’t think the Kings can afford to sit on their hands and do nothing when we’re already in play-in territory and look worse than last year as a unit. You’re also seeing the consequence of a healthy Western conference where barely being above .500 by 7-8 games doesn’t guarantee you the 4th seed like last year.

Unless we’re content with being a play-in team with 1st round exit aspirations, then we need to make changes even if it’s a minor one.
Honestly I’d be willing to sacrifice Lyles, Mitchell, and McGee for Issac what can it hurt if that’s the package.

True but how big of a move can we truly make in the future is another question. Fox is gonna get the super super max in two years and Keegan will be maxed at the same time. Sabonis is 44 million per year and Monk will be resigned this year.bif wete makihh my a move it’s now and just hope Thybull is that all nba defender and Keegan turns into one as well while giving us 20ppg

Honestly I’d be willing to sacrifice Lyles, Mitchell, and McGee for Issac what can it hurt if that’s the package.

I like the idea of our pick conveying in ‘24 and now we have a ‘26 ‘28 and ‘30 available plus plenty of salary to match. I figure that most of the names we have talked about being available now will be available in the off season PLUS addition names. Maybe Herb Jones really will be available then? Maybe Murphy demands a bigger role. Maybe Memphis finds something in their young guys and decides Marcus Smart is expendable? Some might be interested in Draymond…. There might be more names we haven’t considered yet

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Lmao what! Silver doesn’t give a **** he just celebrated males last all star break did you not see dude beat the living crap out of a female dribbling a basketball doesn’t mean I’ll support that type of nonsense
by no means does it mean supporting his actions off the court, but if he's eligible to play and Charlotte is willing to let him go for a bargain, I think a change of scenery can help him heal

by no means does it mean supporting his actions off the court, but if he's eligible to play and Charlotte is willing to let him go for a bargain, I think a change of scenery can help him heal
You don’t heal or change a man that beats the living daylights out of a women i personally wouldn’t support and not watch anymore. How hard do you have to choke someone to leave them with torn neck muscles, wild that he can jump high the nba looks the other way.

But back to basketball

I’m intrigued by Washington as a trade partner, and not necessarily Kuzma.
Gafford first big off the bench, and Avdija a good point forward. The two of them combined make approximately 18 million.
Washington sounds like a team willing to deal so any combination of Kings players outside our big four and needed draft compensation.

You don’t heal or change a man that beats the living daylights out of a women i personally wouldn’t support and not watch anymore. How hard do you have to choke someone to leave them with torn neck muscles, wild that he can jump high the nba looks the other way.

But back to basketball
Tyreek hill says hold my beer

How about N. Claxton for Sasha and Mitchell? Honestly I don't know what the Nets have planned but their payroll and positioning don't add up. Adding Claxton would slide Sabonis to the 4 giving us much needed roster flexibility.

5. Claxton/Len
4. Sabonis/Lyles
3. Murray/Barnes
2. Huerter/Monk
1. Fox/Ellis