Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

Amick said that it’s not the city of Sacramento is the problem for Siakam. He wouldn’t go into full detail and admitted he didn’t have the full scoop but you have to think the issue is role. Maybe he feels like the Kings have too many cooks in the kitchen?
the more I’ve been reading it and the Paul George comments, I have been thinking he wants to be the #1 guy

Back to Lavine for a second. If we trade for him, do we see a reduction in minutes for Monk? He is currently getting pretty close to starter minutes at 25 per game. Kvon is only getting 22 on average. If you bring in Lavine you can pencil him in for 32. You would then have to give Monk almost all the back up 1 and 2 minutes leaving almost nothing for Keon. Don’t think I love that you have almost no defense to sub in. The only alternative would be to do what Chicago did last night and run a 3 guard lineup:

Fox Keon
Monk Colby
Lavine Duarte
Keegan Lyles Sasha
Sabonis Len

the more I’ve been reading it and the Paul George comments, I have been thinking he wants to be the #1 guy
Detroit here he comes then. An honestly Pistons could turn it around fast if that happened.

Cade
Shooter
Thompson
Siakam
Duren

that team would be competitive next year and they could trade Bogi for a pick and they will have a top 5 pick this year on top of it.

Back to Lavine for a second. If we trade for him, do we see a reduction in minutes for Monk? He is currently getting pretty close to starter minutes at 25 per game. Kvon is only getting 22 on average. If you bring in Lavine you can pencil him in for 32. You would then have to give Monk almost all the back up 1 and 2 minutes leaving almost nothing for Keon. Don’t think I love that you have almost no defense to sub in. The only alternative would be to do what Chicago did last night and run a 3 guard lineup:

Fox Keon
Monk Colby
Lavine Duarte
Keegan Lyles Sasha
Sabonis Len
I am not a huge fan of trading for Lavine, but I think you find the minutes for Monk and Lavine by using an occasional three guard lineup, not that you start one or have it be your primary lineup. I'm guessing that you would probably see the three guard lineup most often in closing situations (maybe the last five minutes of the game), and go Fox-Monk-Lavine-Keegan-Sabonis. Minutes would be something like:

Fox (34) Keon (14)
Lavine (22) Monk (26)
Keegan (28) Duarte/JTA (12) Lavine (8)
Lyles (24) Sasha (16) Keegan (8)
Sabonis (34) Len (14)

That's 10 guys getting regular rotation minutes, with at least 4 of them (Keon, Len, Duarte/JTA, Keegan) being defensive minded and at least two others (Fox and Lyles) giving good effort on D. You would still have guys like Kessler, Colby, Duarte/JTA who could mix in for those 12 backup 3 minutes, and also Javale if something happened to Len

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Detroit here he comes then. An honestly Pistons could turn it around fast if that happened.

Cade
Shooter
Thompson
Siakam
Duren

that team would be competitive next year and they could trade Bogi for a pick and they will have a top 5 pick this year on top of it.
1704997563185.png
I didn't know he played basketball! Good nickname for it, though!

Guys forget that man he’s going to Philadelphia pointless to talk about him
if role is really the issue you have to wonder why he would choose the Sixers. He would be for sure the third option on that team. I also wonder if the Sixers just end up re-signing Tobias. He is having a great year and will probably come back at 1/4 of what Siakam will cost. Maybe they look to spend that money on more of a 3.

I am not a huge fan of trading for Lavine, but I think you find the minutes for Monk and Lavine by using an occasional three guard lineup, not that you start one or have it be your primary lineup. I'm guessing that you would probably see the three guard lineup most often in closing situations (maybe the last five minutes of the game), and go Fox-Monk-Lavine-Keegan-Sabonis. Minutes would be something like:

Fox (34) Keon (14)
Lavine (22) Monk (26)
Keegan (28) Duarte/JTA (12) Lavine (8)
Lyles (24) Sasha (16) Keegan (8)
Sabonis (34) Len (14)

That's 10 guys getting regular rotation minutes, with at least 4 of them (Keon, Len, Duarte/JTA, Keegan) being defensive minded and at least two others (Fox and Lyles) giving good effort on D. You would still have guys like Kessler, Colby, Duarte/JTA who could mix in for those 12 backup 3 minutes, and also Javale if something happened to Len
Mike Brown since coming over from the Warriors has always seemingly wanted to use guard lineups over big ones. Just like Kerr did. This year Brown has actually gone with Sasha/Lyles, Barnes, and Keegan but it didn't last long and it seems like the more guard oriented lineups win out.

Fox Keon
Monk Colby
Lavine Duarte
Keegan Lyles Sasha
Sabonis Len
Yeah, this would be the only way it could possibly work. I think that'd be your closing LU anyway and you start Lyles (for the time being) and maybe eventually find a defensive lynchpin as a base starter.

Again, this only works if Monk is on board and he's back this summer. Would be an incredible misstep if doing this deal costs you 2 starters+Monk.

Yeah, this would be the only way it could possibly work. I think that'd be your closing LU anyway and you start Lyles (for the time being) and maybe eventually find a defensive lynchpin as a base starter.

Again, this only works if Monk is on board and he's back this summer. Would be an incredible misstep if doing this deal costs you 2 starters+Monk.
On paper it’s a devastating offensive starting 5/closing lineup. 5 guys who in different ways can get their own shot, 5 guys who can hit threes (4 of them on high volume). 3 great passers, 3 freak athletes. The defense over the course of a game/season and keeping everyone involved in real life is the biggest questions outside of losing Monk. If you do lose him you would likely need to use your midlevel on a spark off the bench who likely won’t be as good as Malik.

Cade
Shooter
Thompson
Siakam
Duren

Why wouldn't we want a guy like Bogi? Serious..

Also, no to Grant and Thybulle. We have 4 guys that can light it up at any given time, and if we did get a PF I would want someone who could rebound

Why wouldn't we want a guy like Bogi? Serious..

Also, no to Grant and Thybulle. We have 4 guys that can light it up at any given time, and if we did get a PF I would want someone who could rebound
we would want him but not for a first rounder it likely takes.

We could be better on the offensive glass but we have the best rebounder in the game and the best defensive rebounding percentage as a team in the nba. I’d say size and defense are two of our biggest weakness.

For example in Bulgaria we ''send'' Vezenkov already at :
Bull , Raptors , Pistons , Warriors , Spurs , Mavs and maybe i am missing at least two more :D

And of course all of those are from ''secure source'' :D:D:D

I don’t understand the interest in Thybulle. He’s obviously a great defender, but isn’t he still a pretty big offensive liability? I don’t know if that solves a lot of problems.
He has hovered around 37-40 percent from three the last 2 years. If we end up trading for a forward who is a bit higher usage we will likely need someone who doesn’t take many shots at the 2. There are only so many shots to go around between Fox, Sabonis, Keegan, Monk and this theoretical player at the 4. That’s where a guy like Matisse could make sense

On the Kings Pulse Podcast tonight James Ham said “there are murmurs that there may be something on the horizon here”. In other words rumor has it the Kings are working on a deal. Seems obvious but the rumor made it sound like a deal could be close.
I think he mentioned it was Kuzma too. Originally I was opposed to the jdea of bringing in Kuzma but I’ve come around on it. Good rebounder, obviously he can score, solid defender, great contract (declining) and fits the timeline of the team. Honestly sounds like a great fit on paper. My one red flag would be the fact that he chose to re-sign with the Wizard when he definitely could have signed with Sacramento over the off-season.

He has hovered around 37-40 percent from three the last 2 years. If we end up trading for a forward who is a bit higher usage we will likely need someone who doesn’t take many shots at the 2. There are only so many shots to go around between Fox, Sabonis, Keegan, Monk and this theoretical player at the 4. That’s where a guy like Matisse could make sense
Thybulle in a closing LU with our core 4 is actually the perfect archetype, if we believe his 3pt shooting is real. I've been impressed with his resurgence in POR, he's starting to look like a guy who can at least be a passable offensive player and of course give you some of the best defense in the league.

Again, I look at our shot chart from the CHA game. Everything funnelled from Keegan/Domas/Fox/Monk. There just isn't offensive USG left to be had. So the focus of the rest of the guys on the team should be bringing something else at an elite level on the floor and being ok with inconsistent shot attempts. Like if Thybulle gets 3 shots, we know he's going to still make an impact on defense. Can we say the same with Huerter and HB if they get 3 shots in a game?

I think he mentioned it was Kuzma too. Originally I was opposed to the jdea of bringing in Kuzma but I’ve come around on it. Good rebounder, obviously he can score, solid defender, great contract (declining) and fits the timeline of the team. Honestly sounds like a great fit on paper. My one red flag would be the fact that he chose to re-sign with the Wizard when he definitely could have signed with Sacramento over the off-season.
are you talking the podcast with Sean Cunningham? Unless I missed it, he didn’t mention the player’s name. I kinda got the impression that he was just told the kings are working on a deal but no specifics were given.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened back and couldn’t find that Kuzma quote in the podcast. He did mention him but was only talking about how his contract was nice in comparison to what Siakam would get. If anyone knows when he said that let us know please
I didn't listen but looked up points made during it. Scotto said the Kings and Bulls talked LaVine earlier in the season and the only thing I saw was that Ham himself thought Kuzma was a better fit with a more modest contract.

In my eyes this is the worst possible option from all which you guys are speaking about ...
Let's hope (if happen) he will proove me VERY wrong ...
Siakam is the worst fit he’s leaving came July, Kuzma is better than Barnes no way he first buy in thinking he’s better than fox/sabonis

If Monte moves picks for Kuz it's a bad move. If he can be had for free, he'd bring certain qualities I guess but the first bad game where he launches a near half court 3 with 14 seconds on the clock... well if you thought the Barnes bashing was bad, lol.
Pick 22 won’t be better than Kuzma if this was nfl then ya

Also to the Kuzma haters and people that compare Barnes to him. Kuzma is defender as the number one option he comes here teams worry about three other guys before him the efficiency sky rockets