Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

Monte really has assembled some nice building blocks here, we are probably 2 moves and filler away from giving ourselves a window to compete for a championship. The Monk piece makes his job that much harder. Will the uncertainty affect what he does at the deadline?

Is Monk a future starter? If yes you likely need a lower usage player at the 4. If no, you could have a slightly higher usage player at the 4 and a low usage player starting at the 2.

Fox Ellis
Monk Colby
Keegan Sasha
DFS Lyles
Sabonis Len

Fox Ellis
Melton Monk
Keegan Sasha
Siakam/Kuzma/or Grant Lyles
Sabonis Len

that second lineup would give us the best chance at a championship run imo. Melton is signed using the midlevel exception in this case. I would prefer Thybulle but not sure he is available

I’m a bit curious in regards to a potential Siakam trade. Say we give Barnes, Huerter, necessary filler and no more than one first for a what could be, not ideal, a half year rental. Kings would then be sitting on some significant cap space right. Just saw something along these lines in a Kings Herald article.
Give Monk what he needs and I would think, need to look, a decent pay day for another good fit FA.
I guess my point is, one late first max for a gamble that could pay off quite nice.

Last edited:
Both HB,KH and a pick is too much for 6 months and insecurity after … Despite I dislike both haha
Mate, i’m not sure what you dislike. Who knows it might even free up a bit of playing time for Sasha assuming he too is not traded.
From near everything I read, Toronto will try to move Siakam despite what he says of not wanting to be traded and controlling his own FA destination. I don’t necessarily think Siakam is the best fit but am pretty convinced we need to shake things up and that starts with Huerter followed by Barnes.

I dislike both KH and HB , not the trade :)
I just think is too much for Siakam (if he doesn’t agree to sign long term contract) …
Cause if we loose him in the summer we are left half empty

I dislike both KH and HB , not the trade :)
I just think is too much for Siakam (if he doesn’t agree to sign long term contract) …
Cause if we loose him in the summer we are left half empty
Okay, I must have read Despite as Besides.
Anyways, guess my thought was maybe its not so much to give up for what could be a short term rental on Siakam. He likely will flourish with Fox and company but even if not the cap space provided would help with resigning Monk and some other free agency consideration.
When Monte traded away last years first to move Holmes, I figured he takes chances to be good now.

Well fans love to speculate normally, this is how we fell out spare time , but I suppose we will see it all in 10/14 days tops , don’t think they will keep it till 07/02 to make the changes

Mate, i’m not sure what you dislike. Who knows it might even free up a bit of playing time for Sasha assuming he too is not traded.
From near everything I read, Toronto will try to move Siakam despite what he says of not wanting to be traded and controlling his own FA destination. I don’t necessarily think Siakam is the best fit but am pretty convinced we need to shake things up and that starts with Huerter followed by Barnes.
Some don’t get we’re not leaving the first round with as constructed

Would Warrior trade Moody or Kuminga I wonder, in fact I may want to take them both if available
Moody would be a really nice acquisition for us off the bench. Kuminga would probably cost us the assets we’d like to use in a trade for a better player. But if a Siakam, for example, isn’t gettable for us, Kuminga would be nice.

I disagree I think most of us know that's a real possibility. The issue is how what's on the market vs our assets. OG for example wasn't terribly expensive but we still didn't have the juice to get him. I would see if we could get J. Isaac. The Huerter trade plus his poor play is really a problem for Monte right now.

I’m a bit curious in regards to a potential Siakam trade. Say we give Barnes, Huerter, necessary filler and no more than one first for a what could be, not ideal, a half year rental. Kings would then be sitting on some significant cap space right. Just saw something along these lines in a Kings Herald article.
Give Monk what he needs and I would think, need to look, a decent pay day for another good fit FA.
I guess my point is, one late first max for a gamble that could pay off quite nice.
Swap the first round pick out for a second rounder, and I’m OK with that. It’s a half year rental and they’re already getting two starter-level players back who are secured long-term. Toronto has already shown us that they would prefer to get players back rather than licks with the OG trade. Huerter and Barnes would be two good vets to pair up with their young core.

With how bunched up the middle of the Western Conference is, I'd say it depends on the matchup. I agree that a shake-up may be in order before the deadline, but if the Kings made no moves and drew, say, the Mavericks or Lakers in the first round (presuming neither team did anything notable at the deadline, either), I'd like their chances. And despite OKC's impressive season thus far, the Kings have had their number, too, winning their last six matchups against them. And the Kings also have the benefit of a 7-game playoff series under the belt, while the Thunder are in a position similar to the Kings last year as an up-and-comer without any playoff seasoning.

Now, if the Kings drew the Pelicans or Nuggets or Clippers or Rockets in the first round, I'd be much less enthusiastic about their chances without any significant roster changes before the deadline.

With how bunched up the middle of the Western Conference is, I'd say it depends on the matchup. I agree that a shake-up may be in order before the deadline, but if the Kings made no moves and drew, say, the Mavericks or Lakers in the first round (presuming neither team did anything notable at the deadline, either), I'd like their chances. And despite OKC's impressive season thus far, the Kings have had their number, too, winning their last six matchups against them. And the Kings also have the benefit of a 7-game playoff series under the belt, while the Thunder are in a position similar to the Kings last year as an up-and-comer without any playoff seasoning.

Now, if the Kings drew the Pelicans or Nuggets or Clippers or Rockets in the first round, I'd be much less enthusiastic about their chances without any significant roster changes before the deadline.
You posted as I was typing. Seems many agree about our current abilities.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Moody would be a really nice acquisition for us off the bench. Kuminga would probably cost us the assets we’d like to use in a trade for a better player. But if a Siakam, for example, isn’t gettable for us, Kuminga would be nice.
Not sure everything with those two, but if we moved HB, KH and Davion for those two, we might be able to flip one on draft day to get more money to re-sign Monk to a 1+1 that is preferable to the early-Bird deal? Or possibly just take one expiring back in such a deal?

Might also allow us to put Keon on a full contract if we give up one more player than comes back?

that’s another positive, they clear out a ton of cap space I believe

would have said zero chance, but saw this and hear Ws fans griping about his lack of PT

NBA rumors: Jonathan Kuminga 'has lost faith' in head coach Steve Kerr
yep, just read that on Hoopshype along with Kings making Barnes, Huerter and Mitchell available for trades.
Make Kuminga happen Monte, I believe Brown coached him so should be a seamless fit as our second starting forward.

yep, just read that on Hoopshype along with Kings making Barnes, Huerter and Mitchell available for trades.
Make Kuminga happen Monte, I believe Brown coached him so should be a seamless fit as our second starting forward.
thank god the Ws crap the bed and/or mishandled the draft capital they got back

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Not surprising in the slightest.

Wonder if there's something we can work with the Warriors to send HB back to Kerr and they send us Moody or Kuminga and a contract.
Or Wiggins who looked amazing working with Mike Brown but has been less than good since then but fits our timeline perfectly as Harrison Barnes but good at defense.

Not surprising in the slightest.

Wonder if there's something we can work with the Warriors to send HB back to Kerr and they send us Moody or Kuminga and a contract.
I wonder if the Warriors would consider trading to a divisional rival? I think Kuminga runs into a similar problem here of not getting the minutes he wants, but Moody could compete for the starting SG position. The timeline gets younger, but I’d take both of them for Huerter and Barnes.

I’d gladly take back Wiggins
Wiggins scares me. He fits the Warriors’ timeline too and if they decide to trade him, something must not be clicking for him right now.

I wonder if the Warriors would consider trading to a divisional rival? I think Kuminga runs into a similar problem here of not getting the minutes he wants, but Moody could compete for the starting SG position. The timeline gets younger, but I’d take both of them for Huerter and Barnes.

Wiggins scares me. He fits the Warriors’ timeline too and if they decide to trade him, something must not be clicking for him right now.
Of course. If things were clicking well for him, they would have no interest in a trade. That's part of the risk in taking on a player who may need a change of scenery to rekindle good play. Any team interested in adding someone like Huerter would also have this in mind

Last edited:
The Warriors are in a tight spot. You'd think they'd wanna hold onto Kuminga/Moody since there have been enough flashes there that they could be valuable core pieces in the future. But the Dubs also can't really not try to compete for a championship while Curry's still on the roster. I think Wiggins is gettable, and that might free up some more minutes for Kuminga/Moody. I'd be surprised if they dealt either of those guys, but maybe they're just that short-sighted, and if they are, Monte should see if he can snag either of them, along with Wiggins.