[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
In my mind De'Aaron Fox has a list of players, Kill Bill style, that he wants to show he's better than. Players, the media and general public just assume are better than him. I see Booker's name crossed out. I see SGA's name crossed out. He's a superstar.
Before he fell off the rails, Ja was 100% on this list.
I suspect Hali is complicated but is also on the list.

Morrant come back and Memphis starts winning ??
Huge win as visitors , is it a changing point for the season ?
It may or may not be a changing point, but I'm really annoyed that a bunch of other western conference teams got to beat up on the Grizzlies for 25 games while Ja was out, and the Kings haven't yet faced them once. They play them for the first time on the 31st, which leaves just enough time for Morant and the Grizz to get properly reacclimated to one another.

It may or may not be a changing point, but I'm really annoyed that a bunch of other western conference teams got to beat up on the Grizzlies for 25 games while Ja was out, and the Kings haven't yet faced them once. They play them for the first time on the 31st, which leaves just enough time for Morant and the Grizz to get properly reacclimated to one another.

That is a 100% true ...
But yet we have to beat everyone at the end of season , right ? :)

It’s definitely a turning point for them. If they win the rest of their games at roughly the same percentage as last year they would finish 42-40. That may or may not be enough to get into the play in.

The more Fox vs. Ja matchups, the merrier.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Can you imagine a 3pt shooting Tyreke Evans, or a Cousins from 2017? I think Cousins attitude ruined the NBA for him, because the guy can shoot 3pt shots now, he can pass with the best centers and can still rebound and score inside. He burned all his bridges though in the NBA. Evans of course did the same and is suspended for life I guess. I don't think he has any interest in coming back. It's sad because he would make a damn good SG that can handle the ball since he learned how to shoot 3s. (Saw someone mention DC playing in Taiwan so figured I would go into the past)

Some of these guys on SacTown1140 are just .., so bad. I think it was Jay Johnson talking yesterday about how he doesn’t think he would take a bad contract on this team like Zack LaVine … only to immediately pivot and say “JERAMI GRANT!” as a target.
I know what u mean, and while Lavine is a hell of a talent, Grant would fit so much better. Rebounding, athleticism, surprising shot blocking.

Some of these guys on SacTown1140 are just .., so bad. I think it was Jay Johnson talking yesterday about how he doesn’t think he would take a bad contract on this team like Zack LaVine … only to immediately pivot and say “JERAMI GRANT!” as a target.
People get so stuck in player biases of who they were as opposed to who they are. Both guys are shells of themselves as their peak. And certainly not players you want on huge contracts

One of the common opinions about teams the Kings struggle with is teams that have length, Boston and N.O. among them. However, when I look at the teams we have beaten I can name multiple long teams: Minnesota, OKC, Denver, LA. In some of these cases we kicked butt. With that said, long teams whose best players are long wing players are the teams that we have the most problems with: Boston, N.O., LAC. It probably has to do with available wing defenders just lacking size and length.

With that said, long teams whose best players are long wing players are the teams that we have the most problems with: Boston, N.O., LAC. It probably has to do with available wing defenders just lacking size and length.
Tatum Brown, Zion BI, Claw PG are 3 of the most talented duos in the league so adding to what you said they give almost everyone trouble.

Athletic’s team shooting rankings

20. Sacramento Kings | Average rank: 17.6

2022 rank: 11th

Greatest strength: Third in 3s per game
Greatest weakness: 29th in midrange field goals per game

Analysis: Sacramento’s entire perimeter rotation hunts 3s, which puts pressure on teams. But De’Aaron Fox is the only consistent threat in the midrange, while the Kings are relatively average when it comes to shooting accuracy. The Kings also are hurt by Fox (73.8 percent) and Domantas Sabonis (66.5 percent) being poor free-throw shooters.