[Game] Sacramento Kings @ Portland Trailblazers, 12/26/2023, 7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're such a paper tiger.

I still like the core, but I hate the "jack 3's" identity. Warriors pulled it off because they have the GOAT shooter.

Shameful defense..... SAWFT mental.

Curious to see what Monte can do this year. I don't think people are knocking down the door for Huerter or HB this year.
I feel like a lot of other teams can still use guys like huerter and HB, but unfortunately they aren't worth the price of their contracts, so they might be hard to move.

I still like the core, but I hate the "jack 3's" identity. Warriors pulled it off because they have the GOAT shooter.

Curious to see what Monte can do this year. I don't think people are knocking down the door for Huerter or HB this year.
I dug into the numbers and we’ve had 8 of 29 games where we’ve shot above 40% from 3. That’s a disturbing number knowing that’s our identity. The coaching staff needs to reconcile their game plan with the simple fact we’re not a good, consistent 3pt shooting team

Until this team learns how to play defense or gets players that do, this will be the result far too often. Dont expect us to go far if this is the d we get for the rest of the season

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Another long and physical team crowding the paint and giving us problems. I’d like to see Len out there, slamming down the rock at point blank range and knocking problem players on their butts until he fouls out.
The crowding the paint wasn't an issue. It was the guys missing every single shot once the ball got passed out to them after penetration that really did the Kings in. There were lots of off-rhythm pull-up threes, yeah, but there were also a hell of a lot of just plain old bad misses.

Keegan and Huerter being completely and totally zoned out for most of the game also didn't help matters at all.

The small ball Lyles at the five lineup that we all loved also will not work if Trey Lyles refuses to even look at the rim, rebound, or play defense while he's in the game.

They overpaid Barnes for what he's doing - badly. His defense comes and goes. He's had quite a few mail-in games.

We're really trying to be the Warriors now. Whoever is telling Fox to shoot 15 threes in one game needs to go away. He was Mr. 4th quarter last year with nary a three in sight. This is not the way my guy.
Playing like the warriors worked last year, but i think more and more teams know the blueprint to beat the kings. Just do what the warriors did in the playoffs against the Kings. Take Barnes and Huerter out and Kings are just an average team.

We're really trying to be the Warriors now. Whoever is telling Fox to shoot 15 threes in one game needs to go away. He was Mr. 4th quarter last year with nary a three in sight. This is not the way my guy.
I mean, he was 7-15... that's insanely good.

I missed this one (thankfully), but I'm seeing

HB: 3-8 for 9 points
Keegan: 2-11 for 5 points
Huerter: 2-8 for 5 points
Monk: 3-11 for 7 points
Sasha: 0-3 for 0 points

Total: 10-41 (24%) for 26 points

That's unacceptable. Looks like Fox and Domas were beyond elite, but they got negative help tonight.

Another long and physical team crowding the paint and giving us problems. I’d like to see Len out there, slamming down the rock at point blank range and knocking problem players on their butts until he fouls out.
im just not seeing length as the culprit tonight. Their best players were a 6’4 guard and a 6’9 center. Domas scored nearly every time he got the ball in the post. We lost because we couldn’t shoot, couldn’t defend, got bad bounces on rebounds/out hustled and got out scored by 50!!!!!! On bench points. We have shown collectively that when we don’t shoot well from 3 early it never turns around and yet we don’t adapt. If we are shooting 20 percent on high volume we need to change it up. It should be Domas bully ball, Fox drives, Hb drives hunting fouls, Keegan needs to move to the midrange. I can’t recall one game this year where we shot like crap in the first half and turned it around. Not one. The advanced analytics should show this. Coaching needs to change philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.