[Game] Sacramento Kings @ Los Angeles Clippers, 12/12/2023, 7:30pm PST/10:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Unfortunately I think this is more about the Clippers' big wings knowing how to draw contact than the Kings forgetting how to play defense. Our guards are getting picked to death up top and everyone else rotating over to stop the ball is grabbing and getting called for it.

What's the Kings' excuse when the Clippers are also playing a back to back?? Speaks to a lack of preparation and effort. All of these players are in their prime, they should not be fatigued
I really can't figure it out but it's been a trend this year, not just on back to backs, but just in certain games they will get down early and lose focus. Very weird. Seems mental to me, which is why it's so frustrating.

Huerter isn’t even in the game these last 5 or so

and at this rate, Kings aren’t even worth watching if they are on a back to back.

they seem to be uniquely terrible on them. Even when they should be much fresher than the aging Clippers who normally sit their players on back to backs

terrible
Except for Domas they've looked pretty disinterested.

Davion might be -5, but he's the only one who played any type of defense since being subbed in. He's been effectively shutting down Harden after he went into a hot spurt

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The Clippers are not world beaters. One big run and we're back in this but first we need to find a way to defend their pick and rolls without fouling or giving up wide open threes.

Fox, Monk , Huerter , Lyles all are playing much worst then yesterday ...
Lets pray we can keep to 15 at ht and Fox wake up ... Otherwise will be a blow out
Fox has been picking it up late in games but he's been slowing down for awhile now. I think carrying the load is wearing him down. Every year it seems like when those 3's tick up for him it's because he's saving energy.

Not on a second night of a back to back with travel involved. I wouldn't even play the starters more than 15 mins for the entire game. They will come out per usual and stink up the joint and go down by double digits for the entire game. Maybe the backups will play harder, so give them most of the minutes.

Seems to be our M.O. on a second night of back to backs. I am recording the game in case they win but will not watch it live.
Good move

Status
Not open for further replies.