The wrong point guard

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Fox just made swiss cheese out of one of the best on ball defenders pound for pound in the league. Okogie did everything he could to stop that man.
stellar performance no doubt. the intention of my post was not to dismiss it but to give it its proper context and that someone out there may or may not post this for emphasis

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
stellar performance no doubt. the intention of my post was not to dismiss it but to give it its proper context and that someone out there may or may not post this for emphasis
The Celtics absolutely weren’t healthy and the Bucks traded for Dame, turned into one of the worst defensive teams in the league, and then had Bobby Portis publicly call out his rookie head coach after the game so it’s not quite like Tyrese took down the 73-9 Warriors either though.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
We've got a dude doing Kobe Bryant esque things for the Kings like dropping 23 points in the fourth quarter and finishing off a 5 point play to bury a division rival and some folks are still looking over their shoulder at who else is out there. That's a you problem at that point.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The Celtics absolutely weren’t healthy and the Bucks traded for Dame, turned into one of the worst defensive teams in the league, and then had Bobby Portis publicly call out his rookie head coach after the game so it’s not quite like Tyrese took down the 73-9 Warriors either though.
I'm by no means Hali > Fox camp. I just wanted to add some emphasis for future social media posts for fellow lurkers.

We've got a dude doing Kobe Bryant esque things for the Kings like dropping 23 points in the fourth quarter and finishing off a 5 point play to bury a division rival and some folks are still looking over their shoulder at who else is out there. That's a you problem at that point.
“Kobe-esque” is exactly the phrase my wife shouts whenever Swipa works his way around the lane then takes a pretty fade away or makes some other clever move that he makes look silky smooth and easy.

Last edited:
Unless someone actually believes that Swipa and Tyrese playing together would have somehow magically worked out, there really isn’t a good argument that the KINGS didn’t do the right thing in trading for a more complimentary piece or that they kept the superior of the two players.
IMHO, Tyrese benefited greatly by getting traded to a team that gave him the keys to the car, that wouldn't have happened in Sacramento with Foxy around.

For Tyrese to have ascended like he has, no way that happens sharing the ball with Foxy. Tyrese would had been the SG in our system and that takes away his super power. Foxy on the other hand could have still gone on to become All-Star Fox (like he is now sharing the ball with Sabonis), because his super power is not predicated in controlling the ball all of the time.

Could they have made it work with Fox and Hali in the same back court? Possibly, if the Kings would have dumped Walton and got a real coach earlier.

But, can't cry over spilled milk, I think both Fox and Hali are on superstar trajectories, and that wouldn't have happened for Hali if he and Fox were still on the same team.

Last edited:
IMHO, Tyrese benefited greatly by getting traded to a team that gave him the keys to the car, that wouldn't have happened in Sacramento with Foxy around.

For Tyrese to have ascended like he has, no way that happens sharing the ball with Foxy. Tyrese would had been the SG in our system and that takes away his super power. Foxy on the other hand could have still gone on to become All-Star Fox (like he is now sharing the ball with Sabonis), because his super power is not predicated in controlling the ball all of the time.

Could they have made it work with Fox and Hali in the same back court? Possibly, if the Kings would have dumped Walton and got a real coach earlier.

But, can't cry over spilled milk, I think both Fox and Hali are on superstar trajectories, and that wouldn't have happened for Hali if he and Fox were still on the same team.
Also think a 2 guard like Huerter is a better fit than Hali next to Fox. Both good players but not a great pairing.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Should have been a six point play. Can we still make a deal for Russ? :rolleyes:

I feel compelled to point out we didn’t move Hali for a second round pick here. We got an all-nba caliber big man (last I checked baskets are still 10 feet off the ground) and got rid of the cancer that is Buddy Hield.
Nah. We got papagiannis and no matter how many times Domas throws up triple doubles will change that

I like Haliburton as a player but quite frankly I don’t care how the Pacers are doing. We made the playoff last season as the third seed and looking like a playoff contenders for years and I’m quite content with that. People make it sound like we traded Doncic for Bagley or something with their doom and gloom post. I had to look up the Pacers standing cus it sounds like they’re the top seed from the way people post. They’re 12-8 which is the same record as the Kings currently. Have they beaten some good teams? Sure, I’d say Celtics and Bucks are good. But guess what, Kings also beat Minnesota which currently has a best record in the league and gave them their only home loss for the season. We also did the same to the Lakers who is 10-2 at their home court.

I feel compelled to point out we didn’t move Hali for a second round pick here. We got an all-nba caliber big man (last I checked baskets are still 10 feet off the ground) and got rid of the cancer that is Buddy Hield.
Hield isn't a cancer for a successful experienced coach, like Carlisle. Their chemistry looks top tier