[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just gave Monty Williams 6/80 contract. If they fire the F.O. now you get into a new F.O. with a coach they didn't hire.

Also, there is now some history that apparently Monty can't be bothered to keep his players informed of his decisions until their role in game changes. I figured the Ayton stuff was much more Ayton than Monty (it probably still was) but now Monty is looking more and more at fault for this stuff. For such a beloved coach, he certainly seems to be super passive aggressive in how he managed people.

Blazers blew it against the Warriors with some bad turnovers. Plenty of young talent and they were missing 3 starters. Scoot has an awful shot in the games I watched.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
What are they supposed to do?
Fire the GM? Troy Weaver is in year 4 and the team just keeps getting worse. In his first draft he took arguably the worst player in the NBA (Killian Hayes) at 7th overall. Since then he's had a 1st overall pick and two 5th overall picks. He made splashy trades for two former 2nd overall picks (Wiseman and Bagley) and both are already out of the rotation. The coach he signed to the biggest coaching contract in NBA history has managed to alienate last year's 5th overall pick and bench this year's 5th overall pick in just over 2 months and he still has another 5 1/2 years on his contract. Players are crying on the bench during the games. Things could not possibly be worse for that franchise than they are right now and they're still in "wait and see" mode? That's delusional.

He had an 8-23 performance this year against….the Clippers. Maybe Zubac is a defensive beast against the Joker Sabonis types
Zubac is just absurdly good on defense. He's absolutely one of the best rim protectors in basketball and obviously has the size to not get eaten alive by the Jokic/Domas/Embiid types in the post like they do to most guys around the league.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
saw that Barkley now has his show on CNN, on top of his TNT gig and his "guarantee" segment on NBA TV, the guy is moving on up in the TV world.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Fire the GM? Troy Weaver is in year 4 and the team just keeps getting worse. In his first draft he took arguably the worst player in the NBA (Killian Hayes) at 7th overall. Since then he's had a 1st overall pick and two 5th overall picks. He made splashy trades for two former 2nd overall picks (Wiseman and Bagley) and both are already out of the rotation. The coach he signed to the biggest coaching contract in NBA history has managed to alienate last year's 5th overall pick and bench this year's 5th overall pick in just over 2 months and he still has another 5 1/2 years on his contract. Players are crying on the bench during the games. Things could not possibly be worse for that franchise than they are right now and they're still in "wait and see" mode? That's delusional.
Maybe they should take a page from the Houston playbook and sign a couple of vets like Dillon Brooks and FVV and unless I’m mistaken, Jeff Green. Those guys have some dog in them. Can’t tell me guys like Bagley and Wiseman are like those vets. Ivey and his agent publicly tried to navigate where he was going to get picked (personally, it looks like entitlement and red flag). You got young guys running the show there and maybe it’s time to hand over to the right vets to get them back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.