IST Quarterfinals: New Orleans Pelicans at Sacramento Kings, 12/4/2023, 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The Pelicans are clearly a good team. I don't think they have our number though at least based on this game. Fox played like garbage for the first half and it still came down to shots dropping or not dropping in the fourth to separate these teams. We got the looks we wanted in the fourth, they just didn't drop when we needed them most.

Hope the core apologizes to the two way players and the end of the bench players that don't make that much money. The core of this team really let down those players with their horrible play. They could have got a nice bonus, but the team just didn't want to be out there tonight.

This kind of pisses me of because the Kings seem to come out flat so many times. We can beat the best, but lose to mediocre teams where the team looks like it's not even trying. Like against the Clippers or the Pelicans. The leaders need to step it up, or lose playing time when they play like this. It's embarrassing, and I hope they are booed tonight, because these people that pay more than a thousand to get a ticket tonight were screwed right in the backside by the Kings.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The Pelicans are clearly a good team. I don't think they have our number though at least based on this game. Fox played like garbage for the first half and it still came down to shots dropping or not dropping in the fourth to separate these teams. We got the looks we wanted in the fourth, they just didn't drop when we needed them most.
No, they have our number and we'll never beat them again as long as any of us live.

You do realize they’re 3-0 against us? And the 2 at their place were blowouts. Just not a good matchup for us, as simple as that

Yeah this one is on Fox. Domas was incredible and we got more than enough from the role guys to take this one home. Just a horrible time for Fox to have his worst game of the season, especially in the first half.

And we need to get Keegan some defensive help. He goes out, the defense just utterly crumbles. That 1st half stint where he got hurt especially was killing in this game.

It's like when you are a teacher and the kid does awesome work one day only to not give a crap the next day. You know the kid is much more talented than what he shows, yet there is no way to really motivate him to give his best all the time. This type of kid (or team), whenever coming out flat and not giving a crap, needs to be punished. Because we know this team is better than its effort, and that is what will end up killing this team. The players not giving a crap about the fans.

Hope the core apologizes to the two way players and the end of the bench players that don't make that much money. The core of this team really let down those players with their horrible play. They could have got a nice bonus, but the team just didn't want to be out there tonight.

This kind of pisses me of because the Kings seem to come out flat so many times. We can beat the best, but lose to mediocre teams where the team looks like it's not even trying. Like against the Clippers or the Pelicans. The leaders need to step it up, or lose playing time when they play like this. It's embarrassing, and I hope they are booed tonight, because these people that pay more than a thousand to get a ticket tonight were screwed right in the backside by the Kings.
They didn't really come out flat considering they had a 15 point lead. Plus, the Clippers and Pelicans are not mediocre teams.

hrdboild

Staff member
You do realize they’re 3-0 against us? And the 2 at their place were blowouts. Just not a good matchup for us, as simple as that
I didn't watch the first two games... which I've already said in this thread. I'm just basing my observation on what I saw tonight. New Orleans is good. The Kings also played a poor game by their standards.

What’s the excuse for tonight? It’s one thing if the Warriors have our number, but the Pelicans and Rockets too? At this point, I’m thinking that the Kings are just a mediocre basketball team that doesn’t play defense and relies on 3s.

Coaching is also questionable… the lack of on-court discipline is infuriating. There’s a big difference between watching the 49ers and the Kings.

hrdboild

Staff member
It's like when you are a teacher and the kid does awesome work one day only to not give a crap the next day. You know the kid is much more talented than what he shows, yet there is no way to really motivate him to give his best all the time. This type of kid (or team), whenever coming out flat and not giving a crap, needs to be punished. Because we know this team is better than its effort, and that is what will end up killing this team. The players not giving a crap about the fans.
I'm glad you were never my teacher. Sheesh.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't think that's entirely fair but it feels that way. Truth is we have just been pound into the ground by this team. Keegan first got hurt against them, they smack us around, and by the time the refs get it back under control we are icing our wounds.

Anyhow, I am out for a week. The Kings do not me or any of you watching them play. If they don't give a crap about the fans dropping hundreds or thousands of dollars to watch them play WAY BELOW their potential and giving the middle finger to the fans then they don't deserve to be cheered for. People need to boo them the next home game to let them know this is not acceptable.

I didn't watch the first two games... which I've already said in this thread. I'm just basing my observation on what I saw tonight. New Orleans is good. The Kings also played a poor game by their standards.
I haven’t been on this thread until the last 10 mins. But you know they already butchered us at their place, without Murphy and McCollum. And now they beat us at our place. And so the logic is they don’t have our number??

The Kings interestingly enough have had a super wide range of outcomes so far this year; Whereas last year, every game was a tight grouping of winning or losing the game. We've looked great in a majority of our wins and just looked utterly dreadful in a majority of our losses.

People freaking out over NOP having our number really shouldn't be. The West is really damn good and every win (outside of POR/SAS) is a quality win vs a pretty good team. And we're catching NOP at the worst time where they just got back CJ and Murphy into their rotation.

I dunno. Fox can't have that 1st half performance if we want to win tough games. He wasn't just poor, he was actively making us worse in that first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.