[Game] Kings @ Rockets, 11/6/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Chris Duarte and Davion have had some absolutely stinkers of offball defensive possessions this half. Just no movement or rotation on either end of the floor from either of them.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
So … are both “This team absolutely needs to stay healthy” and “Injuries probably happen and it will really affect their season” really such ludicrous takes now?

I don't know if Sabonis has the ability to shoulder an offensive load, just not what he has been thus far in his career
It's not really who he is. I would say he's a like a C version of Chris Paul. Paul was always seemingly uncomfortable being a scorer first. Types like he and Domas can do it but it runs against a lot of their grain.

I think I understand the issue with the Kings.

basically they are looking for the 3 and driving so the rockets are leaving them more open at the mid range and the Kings aren't shooting that.

So we are getting hard 3 point shots and a clogged paint (I think), because no one wants to take the middy.

So … are both “This team absolutely needs to stay healthy” and “Injuries probably happen and it will really affect their season” really such ludicrous takes now?
The Kings being 4-5 with Fox last season was something to be aware of for sure. Along with Fox only missing that many games.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If any other player got hurt would it be as bad as the one that did? Maybe Domas.

We are getting zero calls
Our offense is terrible
Our defense is terrible

amazing what a player like brooks can do to a team. If we wanted to play defense we should have got defenders. We added more offensive players and expect to play better defense smh m. Stick to our strength man!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If any other player got hurt would it be as bad as the one that did? Maybe Domas.
Domas for sure. Anyone else and they can probably stay afloat.

Like I said after last game, this is whatever. We stink without Fox. But the injuries with little time missed were an anomaly last year and we need to be mindful more of this can very possibly tank our season. Health is a must and it isn’t certain. Far from it.

I’m starting to think that we caught the Warriors on an off night…

this team is nothing without Fox
This team is a little bit shook right now and when the answer is someone that can put the ball in the hole on a consistent basis this team was in trouble already. Keegan is supposed to be the next guy up, but so far even he's more of a defender this year. Not a ton of O is getting loaded up on his plate, just the toughest matchup on D. That might be his future and it might work for the best, but if it is, then in the interim Fox goes down, they go down. True contenders don't fall this far when their number 1 goes out. Fall yes, but not flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.