KINGS UNVEIL NEW UNIFORMS

Thoughts?

• Total voters
Not bad, but the absence of purple is a bit disheartening. That’s our primary color!

I think I’d like the KINGS font on the white jerseys better if the color of the font was royal purple. They could leave the black number and trim.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
“A LOT MORE SWAGGER. A LOT LESS PURPLE.”

I’m still hoping for an alternate that’s just wild and out of left field. Make the City version Beam Theamed. I want an over the top jersey instead of the clean but slightly bland we’ve been rocking for so many years.

I like them. I saw someone mention that they moved away from purple because it doesn’t show up well on tv, does anyone know if this is true?

Our city jerseys should incorporate the beam

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I like them. I saw someone mention that they moved away from purple because it doesn’t show up well on tv, does anyone know if this is true?
I wouldn't know if any decisions have ever been made on that basis, but it is true that most (not all) TV cameras have trouble processing that particular color of purple and it ends up looking much closer to blue. But it's not the TV, it's the camera.

Our city jerseys should incorporate the beam
Agreed.

not sure if these are real or not but here’s your batcrap wild idea Light the Beam purple jerseys.
Feels to me like someone from the analytics dept did some survey and found that purple and black are the two most popular colors among Kings fans and decided to just forcefully jam the two colors together.

I have to see a physical version but currently, it's a "no" for me, dawg.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
how long before renovations and tinkering begins? this is why I don't purchase current NBA apparel, too many gimmicks involved, overthinking the design concepts and trying to think outside the box when simple and precise can have decades long impact but that's just my point of view