TREY BACK

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
No problem there.

also, good for Trey getting re-signed by a team for I believe the first time in his career despite always being pretty solid.

Hey, I heard Clippers is looking to trade Zubac, can the Kings use the cap to absorb his contract? It's only about $10mil....we could give them 1st rounder. Kings need a big man that can rebound and block shots....he's perfect for backup C.
I can't imagine he'd be very happy going from starting in LA to a bench role here.

Hey, I heard Clippers is looking to trade Zubac, can the Kings use the cap to absorb his contract? It's only about $10mil....we could give them 1st rounder. Kings need a big man that can rebound and block shots....he's perfect for backup C.
No way. If you sign Trey to come back and Sasha comes over and doesn't suck, the only way Trey even gets minutes is at that spot. It's like the same thing every year, the Kings seem to build a little too much off of depth. Paying Lyles, Metu, and TD on 1 year deals at a low amount is fine, but once you start upping the numbers and years on your end of rotation guys, they need to be at the end of the rotation. Barnes, Murray, Sasha, Lyles and Domas leaves a little bit of squeaking room for a SF to play some defense. There's almost not a single reason to overpay on a C now. Maybe a 1 year contract and that's it.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
This is pretty decent value for the Kings. That contract comes in at 6% of the salary cap. Since in free agency you should expect to pay about 3% of the salary cap for 1 WS, that would suggest that if Trey comes in at ~2 WS per season, he meets value. The last two seasons Trey has averaged 3.1 WS per season, so we can hope to get value out of that deal.

I know we're not in the Barnes thread, but the same logic applies to HB. His contract is right around 12.25% of the salary cap, so you're hoping for about 4 WS, and over the past four seasons with the Kings Barnes has averaged about 5.4 WS. Both guys look like good value.

(And yes, WS aren't everything, but they're at least something you can put an all-around value to and maybe it approximates real all-around value.)

with this new CBA? Not even close lol this isn't even the MLE
It's totally dependent on role. If he's the backup C full time it's a good deal. If Sasha doesn't come, there's less risk, but if Sasha comes and performs it might get dicey at that F spot. Unless Brown is done searching for 3 and D guys in games which would help as well.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Impossible, I heard Klutch is falling apart and about to be bought out by some other agent.

lol

Glad we finished this bit of business up.