[NBA] West Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Found it interesting to see Rui Hachimura on Jokic at the end and Davis just hovering the paint.

It seemed to have been working.

Have teams done that against Jokic with success?

Basically going small on him and staying home in the paint for his drives
Yes Twolves did it with Kyle Anderson it's a viable strategy unless you plan to play him 1 on 1 like Ayton did and let him get his while trying to shut everyone else down. I personally think it's better to let Joker get 50+ than doubling him, a lot of his monster scoring games in this playoffs/regular season were losses. When he's scoring 25-35 and handing one assists that's when he's most dangerous and it means Murray/Portor/KCP are hitting shots.

Denver looked totally dominant, but took off the defensive pressure in the seoncd half. Davis quietly went along staging a comeback. The Lakers were just as impressive in the second half. They snuck up on the Nuggets. If James hadn't missed several shots and a free throw at the end it could have been different. Both teams have enormous firepower. Whoever steps up defensively is going to win this series. I really like watching Jokic play, always have.

Reggie Jackson sighting

surprised he hasn’t got any playing time. He’s had some good playoffs for the Clippers and he was still pretty good last I checked.

Just saw the score. Did the Lakers really discover some Nugget kryptonite.
Rui on Jokic to free up Davis into a roaming threat is still working well enough so far. Refs are calling some very questionable calls and no one seems to have any real semblance of rhythm. Looks like it will go down to the wire.

Watching this series makes me more angry with the fact that we let Steph got hot in Game 7.

We could totally have run the Lakers out of gas by 3rd quarter and let them rely on their bench.

I'm watching these WCFs... and I honestly believe we could have won a championship this year. Both of these teams look extremely beatable. The Kings and Warriors series was the highest quality basketball of the playoffs - with the exception of a couple Jimmy Butler performances.

What a horribly officiated game on both ends of the floor for both teams.
The officials get a certain comfort level in the regular season. Then the playoffs start and they have to "let em play."
Their job is not so easy. Once the tempers start to flare large humans can hurt each other. This series does not seem to have any volatile personalities like Green on the Ws. The refs seem overly protective of the players at times. Then they call some ticky tack fouls. It si confusing to the players and the fans alike.

There were times last night watching James, I thought he should retire. Davis had an "off night." It is amazing that the Lakers hung around without much help from their stars. Reaves is the surprise of the series, along with Hachimura.

Jokic is more fun to watch than anyone since Magic and Bird. Murray saved the night with his off the hook fourth quarter. Denver has great role players and played some great defense some of the time. I am happy for Malone and his defensive minded coaching. It is amazing that Jokic still surprises so many people.