[Game] Sacramento Kings (3) vs Golden State Warriors (6) (WCDS Game 1, 0-0) 5:30pm Pacific 8:30pm Eastern

Hey, were you aware that Klay Thompson once scored 37 points in a single quarter against the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I was a little surprised he didn't get in. Brown went with Fox, Mitchell, and Monk and it worked but the question is for how long. Usually size wins out but in a quick decision move it certainly confused the Dubs this game.
I mean, the thing about the Warriors is that they’re really not built to attack small ball since almost all of their offense is perimeter based. The only sledgehammer type wing-forward they have is Kuminga but he has a tendency to shoot the ball like he lost all feeling in his fingers.

The UK trio showed phenomenally well.

Trey Lyles looked strong out there too, like he was using that lower body to establish position and wasnt gonna be budged.

The look that Monk used to have at Kentucky when he was on fire, he had tonight, I think I mentioned that at halftime and we got an even bigger dose of it in the 2nd half. He's just ultra confident, they couldnt even come close to staying infront of him on the perimeter either, just absolutely leaving defenders in the dust, including Wiggins.

I know doris said that hail mary at the end was a dangerous pass, but thats malik monk on the receiving end, there's just no way thats plays gonna be completely botched unless like the ball slips out of Fox's hands or soemthing as he goes to pass it. Monks got a huge "catch radius" like a wide receiver for a 6'2" guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.