Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

I hope Kings

Joker is by far the best player in the league according to every imaginable advanced impact stat.And by quite a margin.There is absolutely no other player more important to the their team then Jokic.And that team leads the west by a wide margin.If there was a legit argument last year because Denver had a middling seeding , this year there is no doubt imo
"Every imagineable advanced impact stat". How about defensive stats, are those "imagineable"?

Any "advanced" stat that leads someone to believe that the one-dimensional, plodding Jokic is "by far the best player in the league" or anything other than a defensive liability, or anywhere close to more important to their team than either Giannis or Embiid should be burned or buried -- if possible.

Those stats are not worth the paper they're printed on nor the pixels they occupy on the computer screen. Exhibit #3475 why advanced impact stats are vastly overrated and often misleading.

Find me ONE worthwhile or respected GM or NBA pundit that actually believes Jokic is the best player in the league. I highly doubt Denver's GM nor Jokic himself actually believe that.

Constant traveling and illegal moving screens aside, Jokic is, at best, the best passing big man in the game. And a good rebounder. And a very high IQ offensive player.

He's not a better scorer than Giannis or Embiid. He's not as physically dominant as either on the offensive end. And he's not even in the same universe on the defensive end of the floor.

Oh, and let's not forget the last head-to-head matchup between Jokic and Embiid a little over 6 weeks ago. It was Embiid domination!

For the record, off the top of my head, here's a list of players that, when healthy, have proven to better, more impactful all-around players than Jokic, despite whatever "every imagineable advanced impact stat" might suggest to the contrary:
  • Giannis (1)
  • Embiid (0)
  • Curry (4)
  • KD (2)
  • LBJ (4)
  • Kawhi (2)
  • Tatum (0)
IDK about you, but I spot 5 names all with at least one title to their resume and 13 titles in total between them (are titles considered advanced impact stats? ;)).

Of the two that don't yet have a title to their resume, one came eerily close to a title last season (Tatum) and the other (Embiid) was a Kawhi prayer multi-bouncing shot away from having a real good shot at winning one. Both have been better than Jokic in postseason play and, again, are widely regarded as 2-way players.

No offense and nothing personal toward you, Fantazija, but GTFOH with this rubbish. It's complete nonsense.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Me, after reading the KINGS odds, taking my $$$ to the nearest sports book to slam down my bet......

I was going to ask about what the hell sort of defense the Pacers running that would get Domas switched out onto Fox with 40 seconds left in a tight game but then I remembered that they were trying to play him and Myles Turner together for some reason and thought better of it.

I was going to ask about what the hell sort of defense the Pacers running that would get Domas switched out onto Fox with 40 seconds left in a tight game but then I remembered that they were trying to play him and Myles Turner together for some reason and thought better of it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Myles Turner isn't even on the floor there to offer rim protection. So it makes even LESS sense. LMFAO.

https://sports.yahoo.com/who-will-e...inty-around-grizzlies-warriors-190959460.html
Not quite, the final sentence does mention them (hardly). Earlier in the season I wouldn't have given the Kings a chance at title, but of late, there have been hard fought wins and signs that indicates a chance. I doubt the author watches them. They are currently a top 10 team by record.
I am not sure that sentence was there the first time I looked at the article. I did a text search to make sure. Either I was mistaken, or the author inserted it after initial publication. It would have been an obvious omission.

"Every imagineable advanced impact stat". How about defensive stats, are those "imagineable"?

Any "advanced" stat that leads someone to believe that the one-dimensional, plodding Jokic is "by far the best player in the league" or anything other than a defensive liability, or anywhere close to more important to their team than either Giannis or Embiid should be burned or buried -- if possible.

Those stats are not worth the paper they're printed on nor the pixels they occupy on the computer screen. Exhibit #3475 why advanced impact stats are vastly overrated and often misleading.

Find me ONE worthwhile or respected GM or NBA pundit that actually believes Jokic is the best player in the league. I highly doubt Denver's GM nor Jokic himself actually believe that.

Constant traveling and illegal moving screens aside, Jokic is, at best, the best passing big man in the game. And a good rebounder. And a very high IQ offensive player.

He's not a better scorer than Giannis or Embiid. He's not as physically dominant as either on the offensive end. And he's not even in the same universe on the defensive end of the floor.

Oh, and let's not forget the last head-to-head matchup between Jokic and Embiid a little over 6 weeks ago. It was Embiid domination!

For the record, off the top of my head, here's a list of players that, when healthy, have proven to better, more impactful all-around players than Jokic, despite whatever "every imagineable advanced impact stat" might suggest to the contrary:
  • Giannis (1)
  • Embiid (0)
  • Curry (4)
  • KD (2)
  • LBJ (4)
  • Kawhi (2)
  • Tatum (0)
IDK about you, but I spot 5 names all with at least one title to their resume and 13 titles in total between them (are titles considered advanced impact stats? ;)).

Of the two that don't yet have a title to their resume, one came eerily close to a title last season (Tatum) and the other (Embiid) was a Kawhi prayer multi-bouncing shot away from having a real good shot at winning one. Both have been better than Jokic in postseason play and, again, are widely regarded as 2-way players.

No offense and nothing personal toward you, Fantazija, but GTFOH with this rubbish. It's complete nonsense.
I am not sure what else to add to this conversation. Advanced stats(Raptor, WShares,War and a bunch of others) are created to measure a players impact as best as possible COMBINING his defensive and offensive contributions. Obviously if one considers those stats "rubbish" and wants to decide who is a best player in the league based of an eye test who am I to argue.

• Giannis (1)
  • Embiid (0)
  • Curry (4)
  • KD (2)
  • LBJ (4)
  • Kawhi (2)
  • Tatum (0)

I agree that Jokic is very skilled and talented in what he does, but he's not the best basketball player in the league.

Wouldn't it be weird if somehow we won the championship this year? I think it would. Going from 30 wins to championship doesn't give us anywhere to come up from. It's like at the start of the year we were thinking at best being a play-in team, and perhaps improving enough to get into the top 6 in the next couple years. Going from nothing to championship would feel weird to me. I would be very happy if the Kings won but almost in a state of shock because nobody was expecting it at all.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (6):
Heat def. UTA
MEM def. DAL
GSW def. PHX
Bucks def. SAC

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (46-22) 21, 14 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
MEM (41-26) 17, 15 games remaining, TB 2-2 (best conference win% gets TB, Kings currently lead)
SAC (40-27) --, 15 games remaining
PHX (37-31) 12, 14 games remaining, TB=Suns
GSW (36-33) 10, 13 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
LAC (36-33) 9, 13 games remaining, TB=Kings
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (34-34) 9, 14 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
DAL (34-35) 8, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
NOP (33-35) 8, 14 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
UTA (33-36) 7, 13 games remaining, TB 2-0, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
--- Play-In Games ---
LAL (33-35) 7, 14 games remaining, TB=Kings
OKC (33-35) 7, 14 games remaining, TB=Kings
POR (31-37) 6, 14 games remaining, TB 1-1, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)

Tomorrow's games (6):
DEN at Raptors, 4:30 PM
LAL at NOP, 5 PM
Nets at OKC, 5 PM
Bucks at PHX, 7 PM
Knicks at POR, 7 PM

Nuggets lost again tonight.....lots of teams still in it for the Play-in, so that's good generally - motivation still there. Suns are getting bullied by Bucks even more so than the Kings. Watch out for Warriors. Bulls recently beat Nuggets - they are not pushovers. Kings will need to refocus - likely without Lyles - Edwards will get more minutes. He needs to work on his shooting.

Nuggets lost again tonight.....lots of teams still in it for the Play-in, so that's good generally - motivation still there. Suns are getting bullied by Bucks even more so than the Kings. Watch out for Warriors. Bulls recently beat Nuggets - they are not pushovers. Kings will need to refocus - likely without Lyles - Edwards will get more minutes. He needs to work on his shooting.
the warriors win a few home games and everyone says “watch out for them.” Then they go on the road and get crushed. I will believe the Warriors are to be feared when they win a couple on the road.

After last night's game the Kings moved from 9th to 16th in remaining strength of schedule.
Our schedule is still quite brutal though. Memphis's schedule looks easier, and they have a 1 game lead over us. Despite them missing some key players, it might be tough to beat them, but there is a chance, for sure. Let's see.

Our schedule is still quite brutal though. Memphis's schedule looks easier, and they have a 1 game lead over us. Despite them missing some key players, it might be tough to beat them, but there is a chance, for sure. Let's see.
In general we don't have to beat them we just have to be tied with them. So they are legit are only one game ahead of us.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (6):
Raptors def. DEN
LAL def. NOP
OKC def. Nets
Bucks def. PHX
Knicks def. POR

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (46-23) 20, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
MEM (41-26) 17, 15 games remaining, TB 2-2 (best conference win% gets TB, Kings currently lead)
SAC (40-27) --, 15 games remaining
PHX (37-32) 11, 13 games remaining, TB=Suns
GSW (36-33) 10, 13 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
LAC (36-33) 9, 13 games remaining, TB=Kings
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (34-34) 9, 14 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
DAL (34-35) 8, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
LAL (34-35) 7, 13 games remaining, TB=Kings
OKC (34-35) 7, 13 games remaining, TB=Kings
--- Play-In Games ---
NOP (33-36) 7, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
UTA (33-36) 7, 13 games remaining, TB 2-0, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
POR (31-38) 5, 13 games remaining, TB 1-1, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)

Tomorrow's games (7):
MEM at Heat, 4:30 PM
SAC at Bulls, 5 PM
LAL at Rockets, 5 PM
Celtics at MIN, 5 PM
DAL at Spurs, 5:30 PM
GSW at LAC, 7 PM