Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

Agreed. People keep saying he doesn't fit the system in place with Sabonis here. Well neither does Metu but he gets the backup C minutes despite not being able to pass or shoot.
Metu is a way better passer/driver than Holmes. When Holmes gets the ball on the perimeter, the pass almost always takes the team further from the rim. High post just isn’t his game.

Its evident Kings need to focus on bringing or extending the core 10 players, and its going to cost 'em, but the beauty of it is, they all have a team track record now:

1. Sabonis Extension (big raise)
2. Barnes Re-sign (similar pay)
2. Monk Extension (big raise)
3. Davis Re-sign (moderate raise)
4. Lyles Re-sign (big raise)
5. Metu Re-sign (moderate raise)

Its evident Kings need to focus on bringing or extending the core 10 players, and its going to cost 'em, but the beauty of it is, they all have a team track record now:

1. Sabonis Extension (big raise)
2. Barnes Re-sign (similar pay)
2. Monk Extension (big raise)
3. Davis Re-sign (moderate raise)
4. Lyles Re-sign (big raise)
5. Metu Re-sign (moderate raise)
Definitely not sold on bringing Metu back. Still agree with the folks above that Holmes is likely a better fit still than metu is.

Definitely not sold on bringing Metu back. Still agree with the folks above that Holmes is likely a better fit still than metu is.
I’ll give him credit, he has played a lot better recently and was awesome in that Clippers game ( this coming from someone who has heavily criticized his play for chunks this season) I do think that if he comes back it will be on minimum deal with no guaranteed playing time.

I’ll give him credit, he has played a lot better recently and was awesome in that Clippers game ( this coming from someone who has heavily criticized his play for chunks this season) I do think that if he comes back it will be on minimum deal with no guaranteed playing time.
Agreed, I would however really prefer Mike Brown give Holmes a bit of a run so we can gear up towards playoffs. Especially give him runs in games against bigger guys who have typically abused Metu. I just find it very weird that despite a very solid game against Lakers where he did basically put the game away at the line, he hasnt seen any run time. I think he would actually play very well off Lyles.

So we have to sign someone by EDO tomorrow for them to be eligible to be on the playoff roster. We'd also have to cut someone, probably Len.

Do we think anything would actually happen here?

Just read a Sportskeeda article that listed the Lakers, Warriors, and Mavs as possible destinations for Noel. Probably just lazy nonsense reporting, but I sure hope not.
I'm not up on his injuries but really like the idea of him as a back up to Sabonis letting Lyle's play more PF. Lyle's has really shown he deserves a solid role on this team.

The deadline to sign players to be playoff eligible is in 2 days, Wednesday March 1st. Noel would be the ideal back up big for Sabonis in that he can protect the rim and play defense. I'm hoping that Fox, Monk, Lyles are working the phones for Noel.

Why get buried on the Lakers, Warriors, Mavs team bench when we have guaranteed playing time and a chance to revive your career on the #3 Western conference playoff team! Noel, please do the right thing for your career and sign up to play with the Kings!

So we have to sign someone by EDO tomorrow for them to be eligible to be on the playoff roster. We'd also have to cut someone, probably Len.

Do we think anything would actually happen here?
Option A: Make a push to sign up Noel
Option B: Call up Big Cuz and sign him up
option C: Convert Queta to reg season contract (sounds like we might have until March 15?)

Go ahead and cut Alex Len

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Was it Noel who turned down like 80mil from the Mavs when 80mil was a insane number? (this was way prior to Luka I think).
The relevant part of this story would be it was Rich Paul that advised doing this iirc and he filed a nasty lawsuit over it. I know Fox is now with Klutch so he might not be the guy to pitch Noel on coming here.

Well I guess we have our team, unless we convert Queta.
Actually, I just read that as long as a player is waived by their current team by March 1st, they can sign at anytime before the playoffs starts and still be eligible for the playoffs with their new team.

So, we can still sign someone at any time before the playoffs and they would be playoff eligible as long as they were released by March 1st.

Actually, I just read that as long as a player is waived by their current team by March 1st, they can sign at anytime before the playoffs starts and still be eligible for the playoffs with their new team.

So, we can still sign someone at any time before the playoffs and they would be playoff eligible as long as they were released by March 1st.
link?

@Capt. Factorial ?