2023 TRADE DEADLINE MEGATHREAD

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
You know... I don't even like this for Phoenix. They were already getting 30ppg combined from Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson so they just took two eggs and put them in one very breakable basket and gave up half their picks for the next 6 years or so to do it. They're also going to be in luxury tax territory so they'll have no picks, no cap space, no bench, and a starting lineup who might all be healthy together for half a season based on recent history. This could end up being their version of the Lakers trading for Russell Westbrook 2 years ago.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Honest question: if Vegas and Seattle are admitted (as early as 2024???) that would move NOP and Memphis or OKC to the East, right?

A lot of teams pushing all their chips in, if we re-sign Domas, and make a few smart moves without trading away all our picks, we'd basically be feasting on a decimated West with whatever GS has left, San Antonio, Utah and whichever team doesn't move?

Is that unrealistic?

You know... I don't even like this for Phoenix. They were already getting 30ppg combined from Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson so they just took two eggs and put them in one very breakable basket and gave up half their picks for the next 6 years or so to do it. They're also going to be in luxury tax territory so they'll have no picks, no cap space, no bench, and a starting lineup who might all be healthy together for half a season based on recent history. This could end up being their version of the Lakers trading for Russell Westbrook 2 years ago.
Maybe. But KD>>>>Westbrook

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Phoenix is going to be on the hook for $164M for just four players in '24-'25 as it stands now. Yikes. The team is now Durant/Booker/Paul/Ayton and the janitorial staff.

I can only hope they can't resist playing all four of those dudes together for 35 minutes a game and they lose the other 13 minutes by 30.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
This is a wild deadline that's for sure but a lot of these teams making moves also made summer moves that were going to bury us and umm, last I checked we're doing ok.

The Mav's and Suns are our next 3 opponents, looks like we get first crack at these new squads.

Also play them 6 times total over these last
30 games, definitely gonna feel like playoff atmosphere

This is a wild deadline that's for sure but a lot of these teams making moves also made summer moves that were going to bury us and umm, last I checked we're doing ok.
Too tight for LeBron to add need pieces, Dallas to add MVP level talent, and the Suns to add the same. We'll see but if healthy and not a **** show, this just changed everything.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Can’t panick. Kings are not winning a championship this year. The Kings’ draft pick can be a good trade chip during the draft
I agree winning this year, even a WCF appearance would be so far beyond expectations for a team coming off our drought. Seeing so many teams ship out their picks for the rest of the decade it seems it would be fool's gold to even try to compete in this arms race.