Sacramento Kings GM Monte McNair has agreed on a contract extension.

Pulled out of an ESPN article (link to article located below)...

The Kings hired McNair after 13 seasons as a front office executive with the Houston Rockets, charging him with the reshaping a historically dysfunctional and underachieving franchise.

Monte has, single-handedly, taken the "dys" out of "dysfunctional" AND the "under" out of "underachieving"...:p:p:p

Kings GM Monte McNair agrees to contract extension, sources say

Win!

Definitely came into this season feeling unconfident in the team, thinking Monte wouldn’t be extended, and we’d forever be on the GM/Coach from different regimes treadmill forever.

Love to be wrong. Just gotta get Sabonis’ pen to paper now.
Ya gotta have more faith in life, my friend...It's way too damn short...:p:p:p

I think having the stability of GM and his coach now on the same timeline and establishing the stability may improve the ability to restain not only Domas, but also Harrison (who i continue to maintain is the 3rd most important player on this team and theold man stabilizer). I know that multiple players have said they rely on his leadership and advice off the court, none more so the his fellow iowa nativ le and our rook Keegan.

Refresh my memory. What was the bet and between whom?
Jamal and a certain energy vampire who I don't think even goes to this school any more had a wager that we were assured would be paid out this time for reals ;) that Monte would be canned by the trade deadline or all star break. I don't remember which one and I don't think it matters because we've all seen this movie before.

Jamal and a certain energy vampire who I don't think even goes to this school any more had a wager that we were assured would be paid out this time for reals ;) that Monte would be canned by the trade deadline or all star break. I don't remember which one and I don't think it matters because we've all seen this movie before.
Well, for what it's all worth at this point, they last reported for duty on 1/8/23...

I haven't been this happy as a Kings fan since 2004 when we were somehow rolling before Webber returned and the chemistry went downhill lol. This is AWESOME! Props to our owner Vivek who rightfully got a lot of criticism and actually listened rather than doubling down on stupid moves and being stubborn just for the sake of doing so. I'm gonna give him props for not only saving our team once, but, apparently twice, just for the simple fact that he's moved out of the way and let this staff cook.

LIGHT. THE. BEAM.