[Game] Kings @ Pistons, 12/16/2022 4pm Pacific 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kings actually shoot a lot of free throws..

We all know they often swallow the whistles when it comes to Fox but if they didn't we might lead the league in FTA's.

Nice to see Monk get a lot of FT's on a night the 3 didnt fall for him. As a team our bench worries me a lot more than the starters when it comes to getting to the stripe, so games like this are a good sign. If Monk can be THAT guy as well for us off the bench its just another feather in his cap, and I'm not sure if we have anyone else properly equipped for the job.

The man's just SO unselfish.

To a fault, honestly, but really helpful on a team w/so much offensive talent.

I'd like some of that to rub off on Malik.
Malik is unselfish, what? Dude has been an incredible playmaker all year.

He's flashy, he goes for the home-run play and that sometimes burns the Kings. But that's also what you want from your sparkplug off the bench

Yeah, we can't trade HB at this point unless it's for a bonafide star.
I say we don't make any (major) trades until the draft really. Go with this for now and address things in the off-season. Personally, I think all we need are a backup C and a bench forward that's about as good as Monk/Huerter/Davion and rounds out the key 8 man rotation. We run about 7 deep right now and need that 8th guy.

Also, shout-out Jalen Duren again. Dude looks like an Andre Drummond 2.0 that's actually capable of defending in the modern NBA. Just has that absolute gut instinct to hunt the ball off the glass on both ends.

I'm not sure I see Bam comparisons as he doesn't have near that same feel (yet anyway), but I could see a Jarrett Allen type path for him. Which would be a huge win for DET

Murray led the team out of the break. Nice to see from the rookie.

All those folks who said Sacramento should have drafted Ivey? Murray: 7-13 for 20 points and +12. Ivey: 2-9 for 5 points, -16, and fouled out.
Eh. Keegan obviously had a better game this time round, but their circumstances couldn't be much more different.

I have a feeling Ivey will be fine - and that we'll remain happy w/the KM selection.

Eh. Keegan obviously had a better game this time round, but their circumstances couldn't be much more different.

I have a feeling Ivey will be fine - and that we'll remain happy w/the KM selection.
Eh, I think he's kinda the Marvin Bagley of guards, the run-jump athlete.

Good news for him is he has a good attitude unlike Bagley and his skillset isn't becoming outdated, but he needs to learn some of the shiftiness and creativity of Fox over the next couple years.

I say we don't make any (major) trades until the draft really. Go with this for now and address things in the off-season. Personally, I think all we need are a backup C and a bench forward that's about as good as Monk/Huerter/Davion and rounds out the key 8 man rotation. We run about 7 deep right now and need that 8th guy.
I think you look to trade Holmes and rearrange the end of the bench. Try to find a back-up C we're comfortable with for 12-15 MPG. Maybe that's even giving Queta a shot.

But if you can flip TD, Lyles, Len, Holmes into somesort of back-up wing and a more reliable back-up C... they should be looking to do that by the deadline.

I just don't think Ivey really understands the NBA game yet. Kind of similar to Fox in his rookie year where everything was 150% fast, one speed and out of control. The shot hasn't translated yet and man he's got a ways to go on defense. Super explosive and makes a few plays that make you go "wow", but right now just a lot of negative impact on the floor

Far more impressed with Duren. He looks to be starting caliber already and the rebounding looks like it can be extremely special. I think there's real upside with him and Cade as a PnR duo

All those folks who said Sacramento should have drafted Ivey? Murray: 7-13 for 20 points and +12. Ivey: 2-9 for 5 points, -16, and fouled out.
glad i didnt have to post it.. I caught a lot of flack from those folks for saying Murray compares to Jayson Tatum.

Tatum Rookie year - 14ppg 5rebs 1.6asts, 1blk, .7stl
Keegan so far - 12ppg - 4rebs - .8ast - .7blk -.8stl

not too far off really..

If the Magic hold on they will have won 5
In a row including wins against the Clips, Hawks, Raps twice. They have just insane length. Are they going to take themselves out of the wemby sweepstakes?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If the Magic hold on they will have won 5
In a row including wins against the Clips, Hawks, Raps twice. They have just insane length. Are they going to take themselves out of the wemby sweepstakes?
They'd probably benefit more from getting a lead guard like Scoot anyways. People fantasize about crazy big lineups with Paolo at the 5 or whatever but there's a reason those don't work longterm and Jalen Suggs just hasn't lived up to his college accolades to this point.

I'll admit I liked Ivey, but wasn't unhappy they picked Murray. He has filled in more robustly for Hield, doing many things Hield is physically incapable of doing due to the different body types. Murray's defense is a big deal and overshadowed by his shooting..

Status
Not open for further replies.