[Game] Kings @ Hawks, 11/23/2022 4:30pm Pacific 7:30pm Eastern

How many points will Huerter score tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah but everyone gets impossible back to backs. I know they like to try and get a game every night, and I am sure the holiday tomorrow may mess things up slightly, but it'd be nice if they could figure out how not to have back to backs at all.
I think it comes down the the scheduling algorithm. At some point, given the number of days in the season it’s probably mathematically impossible to get everything to perfectly work out. It’s probably more a trade off of having a few back to backs instead of a shorter off season for the players.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, that's a good comparison. The talent is there for sure and that's always the key thing. If they can find a taker for Collins and get a little more spacing out of the PF spot they'll be a lot more dangerous.
Also not sure if Nate MacMillan is a great fit with this roster. If two point guard downhill five-out actions are what they want to run, they might be better served seeing if D’Antoni still has any gas in the tank because Nate kept having his forwards post up like it’s still 1997

Also not sure if Nate MacMillan is a great fit with this roster. If two point guard downhill five-out actions are what they want to run, they might be better served seeing if D’Antoni still has any gas in the tank because Nate kept having his forwards post up like it’s still 1997
That's what I'm saying. They need a better-structured offense.

I'm surprised that Richaun or Len didn't at least get a chance.
Richaun is anchoring that bench. And the cap. If Richaun gets time it means something went horribly wrong at this juncture. Metu and Lyles would have to regress to such or a degree or Sabonis would have to go down at this point for that to happen. Brown has solidified his rotations as of late.

Honestly reminds me of the Harden-Westbrook Rockets. I get why they’d try it but the fit just screams first round exit to me.
What’s ironic is that Kevin Heurter is probably the ideal SG next to a player like Trae.

I think if Murray learns to play off Trae, they might have something special brewing, but that’s a big IF.

I still want to see Keegan get a look there. Murray is the only player you actually see change anything at the rim. Capela was getting everything he wanted but Keegan changed one of his shots when he finally did match up on help.
Murray at the 5? I have a hard time picturing that working, based on strength and weight

Murray at the 5? I have a hard time picturing that working, based on strength and weight
Not every matchup but I've noticed when he's been matched up on bigs he's done decent. Plus, they have to guard him on the other end. That game where Fox ran that pick and pop play I believe Murray was at C and the nightmare potential is there for sure.

The amount of turnovers in the 4th on dumb passes is harder to take than all the bricked shots. From 87-80 on the Kings had every opportunity to take the game but kept tripping over their own feet.

Terrible minutes by TD. Just awful

Fox had some bad turnovers this game. Felt like he had more turnovers tonight than the entire 7 game winning streak. Struggled shooting.

Sabonis got going and had a solid game but he had a terrible start that contributed to the hole the Kings found themselves in. He got a pretty quick hook in the first it seemed.

Huerter off night. Ticky tack fouls took him out of the game.

Not enough from Barnes.

Keegan is non-existent on the road. A lot of road games coming up. 4 points isn’t going to cut it. He went into this stinker avering 6.9ppg on 31 percent shooting on the road. 15.9ppg on 51 percent at home. The splits are massive unless some were questioning whether this is more than a home and road issue lol

Davion did a lot to keep the Kings in the game in the 4th we need him to start scoring a little bit.

The bench overall did good though.
Monk, Trey, and Metu all played strong games. I especially liked the work Metu and Trey put in on the boards in the second half. Metu keeps bringing a little bit more each game.

Young just seems very immature. Those 30-ft 3's even when the 25-footer is readily available. The unnecessarily risky passes.

I hope he never figures it out.
I’m just so glad we ended up with De’Aaron Fox and no reason to select Trae Young. I just can’t stand watching him play. He’s the literal walking definition of “volume chucker“. He‘s largely only successful in today‘s game due to how the game has evolved rules wise, allowing much more leeway with dribbling and traveling movement. Dude never would have cut it 20 years or more ago. TBF, neither would half the league.

The amount of turnovers in the 4th on dumb passes is harder to take than all the bricked shots. From 87-80 on the Kings had every opportunity to take the game but kept tripping over their own feet.

Terrible minutes by TD. Just awful

Fox had some bad turnovers this game. Felt like he had more turnovers tonight than the entire 7 game winning streak. Struggled shooting.

Sabonis got going and had a solid game but he had a terrible start that contributed to the hole the Kings found themselves in. He got a pretty quick hook in the first it seemed.

Huerter off night. Ticky tack fouls took him out of the game.

Not enough from Barnes.

Keegan is non-existent on the road. A lot of road games coming up. 4 points isn’t going to cut it. He went into this stinker avering 6.9ppg on 31 percent shooting on the road. 15.9ppg on 51 percent at home. The splits are massive unless some were questioning whether this is more than a home and road issue lol

Davion did a lot to keep the Kings in the game in the 4th we need him to start scoring a little bit.

The bench overall did good though.
Monk, Trey, and Metu all played strong games. I especially liked the work Metu and Trey put in on the boards in the second half. Metu keeps bringing a little bit more each game.
yeah had hoped they learned from Memphis and to value the ball. They didn’t and they deserved to lose this game. If they turn the ball over like that against Boston they will get blown out.

Not every matchup but I've noticed when he's been matched up on bigs he's done decent. Plus, they have to guard him on the other end. That game where Fox ran that pick and pop play I believe Murray was at C and the nightmare potential is there for sure.
I think something strange with Brown's USG of him is he's basically exclusively made him a perimeter wing. He's actually done reasonably ok with some of the lead guard defensive assignments Brown has him on, but part of Keegan's game in college was some weak-side rim protection. And offensively, his post game was one of his strongest assets.

I'd love to see some high-low action with him and Sabonis where Murray can get a defender one on one in the post. Get him some more easier shots instead of everything being movement shooting. It's an insane skill he has, but I think there's more to his offensive game that isn't being utilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.