[Game] Kings @ Magic, 11/05/2022 2pm Pacific, 5pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though the Kings won... I don't know what to think of it. Both teams were horrible, but we were just less horrible with fox bailing us out with a 40+ footer

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Might have to bust out a view from the other side in the next game thread for old times sake
I couldn't help but peek after Charlotte and this feels about 900 levels worse than that?

anyhow I am glad I took a break and wrote a cool guitar riff and came back in time to enjoy the run.

Exciting game winner by Fox.

However, and I hate to be that guy, this is not a good team and unless we improve drastically and quick, we are not making the playoffs and we're not going to be close either.
Based on what? The schedule has been brutal and good teams respond the way they did tonight. We have a LOT of work to do, but this is how you get better. We’re literally 8 games in with like 8 new players and a new a staff. I’ll take the wins along the way

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The negativity here is outstanding. This same Magic team outgunned the Warrior’s and we expect it to be easy just because they have a bad record. It’s early in the season, record doesn’t mean much this early, unless you truly think the warriors are a 3-6 team.
The Warriors are 3-7 actually. We're a full game in front of them.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

However, and I hate to be that guy, this is not a good team and unless we improve drastically and quick, we are not making the playoffs and we're not going to be close either.
Depends. Barnes got off to a slow start, KZ hasn't been able to get anything going on offense, and Keegan is either too much of an after thought on offense or needs to be a little more aggressive hunting his shot. I think we have decent depth in the frontcourt and backcourt but we need our wing players to contribute more than they have so far.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Banchero has 33 points on 25 shots. If he did that for Sacramento we all know he would become the scapegoat as soon as his first contract extension kicked in. He's got style in his movements which makes his game seem more impressive than it actually is (call it the Kobe effect), but I still believe that dominating the ball like this on a losing team is not going to do him any favors in his career development.
Very fun to watch but like I wondered is it winning basketball? I actually told my partner that he was going to win the game in regulation and then he didn't. And he disappeared in OT as it was all Wagner.

Still I am certain he is a lock for ROY and he will probably encompass 25 seconds of the 30 seconds this game gets on sportscenter with the other 5 being a quick montage of Bol's first 10 shots.

The negativity here is outstanding. This same Magic team outgunned the Warrior’s and we expect it to be easy just because they have a bad record. It’s early in the season, record doesn’t mean much this early, unless you truly think the warriors are a 3-6 team.
Misery loves company.

We've been horrible for over a decade, obviously, we'd gain some leechers and fake fans.

Fox was measuring that last shot, and the Magic did ZERO. If you're in front him, you must make Fox change direction - Magic disappearing act. Yuck, Yuck.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Kings are a missed call away from being a .500 team. Good team? Probably not. Better than you think? I'd say there's a good chance.

nice character building win

fox steps up 10 times in the clutch including the gamewinner
sabonis hits big ft's
harrison barnes even makes a high impact 3
lyles and monk excellent off the bench

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Kings are a missed call away from being a .500 team. Good team? Probably not. Better than you think? I'd say there's a good chance.
based on the numbers posted elsewhere about the unreal rate at which teams are shooting against them, they probably should be a game over right now.

Which if you had looked at the schedule would have been downright laughable.

I'm not saying we are good. I don't think we are as bad as we've looked in the first half of the Charlotte and Orlando games either. This team has fight in them, and opponents can't shoot ungodly %s against us forever.

That said, I definitely concede we have a size issue and it's a big one.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
I'm happy about the win obviously, but the defense we played in the last 45 seconds of OT was basically unacceptable. We were up six and Orlando scored 10 points in the last 45 seconds on 4-4 shooting. Even if we ignore the Suggs FTs - I think that foul call was quite questionable as Suggs just bowled Fox over on purpose - we still gave up four easy shots, every single one at the rim. And we didn't even force them to use up the clock. We're looking at shots that took 5.1 seconds, 3.3 seconds, 5.8 seconds (full court!), 2.4 seconds (before the foul) and 4.1 seconds.

Hopefully the celebration in the locker room has ended and Brown is ripping the defense a new one.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
based on the numbers posted elsewhere about the unreal rate at which teams are shooting against them, they probably should be a game over right now.

Which if you had looked at the schedule would have been downright laughable.

I'm not saying we are good. I don't think we are as bad as we've looked in the first half of the Charlotte and Orlando games either. This team has fight in them, and opponents can't shoot ungodly %s against us forever.

That said, I definitely concede we have a size issue and it's a big one.
I mean, I realize we weren’t doing a great job of defending him but I doubt Bol Bol ever has a shooting night like that again unless he’s actually the greatest player of all time.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Very fun to watch but like I wondered is it winning basketball? I actually told my partner that he was going to win the game in regulation and then he didn't. And he disappeared in OT as it was all Wagner.

Still I am certain he is a lock for ROY and he will probably encompass 25 seconds of the 30 seconds this game gets on sportscenter with the other 5 being a quick montage of Bol's first 10 shots.
Orlando is stacked with lotto talent but they're in the same position we were for most of the last 15 years. It's fun to put up stats and get the acclaim that comes with that but at the end of the day, if you can't win you just become part of the problem. We had so many conversations here about who should be the face of the team -- is it IT or Tyreke, is DeMarcus a superstar or a stat stuffer, should we build around Fox or Haliburton, etc. This is the first year in a long time that I actually have hope and that's because of the guy on the sideline not because I expect Fox or Sabonis to carry us like a first team all-NBA stud. It doesn't have to be the same stud player carrying us every night because winning really is more about the team than any one player.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Knowing Sportscenter, Fox's game winner won't even make the reel. They'll just show Bol hitting his last three and then say that the Kings won by 3 in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.