[Game] Kings @ Heat, 11/02/2022 4:30pm Pacific, 7:30pm Eastern

Best set of basketball twins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I thought tonight was Keegan’s best game. Yhall focus on his shooting n celebrate like he’s going to be klay from day one—Miami didn’t give him any space and it showed in his percentages. I focused on the cutting, passing, n awareness.
He had one bounce pass that went three-quarter the length of the floor to a streaking King. Best play of the night, imo. He's barely scratched the surface.

Tyler Herro traveled before the shot. He stopped his dribble, set his feet then shuffled both to create space from the defensive contest.

Clear as day. But in today’s NBA nobody pays attention or cares.
Yeah. He stepped back and planted both feet. Picked up his right foot and his left became the pivot. He then repositions his left foot to take his jump shot. Clear travel.

You're sacrificing a know for an unknown. You never know what will happen in the 4th quarter. If you can get a point or two and/or an offensive foul on a key player, you do it.
I can see that. But, in the first half I don't see it as a good strategy unless a key starter is getting in foul trouble.
I think its best saved for 4th quarter where it is more likely to pay a return, or at least provide some kind of insurance.

You're sacrificing a know for an unknown. You never know what will happen in the 4th quarter. If you can get a point or two and/or an offensive foul on a key player, you do it.
I think what he's saying is. We know we are going to be cheated in the game. Save it for the crunch time cheating. 1 challenge 2nd quarter will not effect outcome of game. A challenge in 4th with 2 min left can mean difference between winning and losing

I wonder if we are going to have a bunch of mid 40 win teams this year and its just going to be a dog fight until the end. Seems like the league is pretty competitive this season

The 50/50 calls haven't gone our way so far this season. And they probably won't until we start winning games consistently. Which is lame but also what it is. Still feel we need a little extra ability on defence. The application is there. Maybe just a little more length or instinct.

If rules were enforced in the NBA it would be unwatchable, the rules (or lack of) is what appeals to the normie. Dedmon finally had a game to justify the contract the Kings gave him a few years ago.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I think most of us just want consistency from the officials. Picking up your dribble and then shuffling your feet is a travel in minute 1 and should be a travel in minute 47 too. This isn't something ambiguous like a touch foul or continuation. If they're afraid to call something as fundamental as a travel in the last minute of a tie game, why even bother enforcing the rules at all? Even Miami fans admit it was a travel, they just don't think it matters cause we're the Kings so we're supposed to lose.

The Kings lost the game, because they failed to probe the middle of Miami's 2-3 defense. That is a damn travesty with Domas at the 5.

I love Matt Barnes as a player, but I don't agree with his assessment that this Kings defense is almost there. Maybe it's almost there given it's ceiling, but it's certainly not almost there as a consistent defense that will consistently win you games. It's undersized on the wing and on the front line. This is going to be a season long issue unless Monte gets desperate--which is an almost certainty. This current squad is destined for a 35 win (+/- a few games) season.

Small lineup? Can KZ not guard 1-4? He's long and can def contest shots. He was suppost to be 1 of our best defenders. These ain't my words these are coaches. We need 1 stop I would think we would have our best defenders out there
Absolutely. Knowing that Herro is likely taking that last shot, I put KZ on him and take my chances. If they won't even use him in spot situations for a stop, then what is his value to the team?

Absolutely. Knowing that Herro is likely taking that last shot, I put KZ on him and take my chances. If they won't even use him in spot situations for a stop, then what is his value to the team?
To bring the height and weight of the Kings wings into the normal distribution.

Getting bad calls is inevitable and just a part of the game, unless you believe the league is rigged. The only way to limit how frequently that this could happen is to be good enough to win most games decisively and not allow the refs to decide the game at the last minute. Winning will cure all.. but will the kings become a winning team during our lifetime is another question in itself.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think what he's saying is. We know we are going to be cheated in the game. Save it for the crunch time cheating. 1 challenge 2nd quarter will not effect outcome of game. A challenge in 4th with 2 min left can mean difference between winning and losing
LOL. That's funny. I was thinking about this subject taking my morning walk and the only logical explanation for waiting until the 4th quarter for the ref review is that the refs were going to screw you in the 4th so save the review until the 4th.:D Unfortunately, with the way these refs have been calling the game, I can see the perverse logic of it all. The best solution to this crap is to not lose a ref review on a prior successful review, but of course that's much too rational for the league overturn with any alacrity.:rolleyes: They need all of this year to see countless errors because of this rule stupidity, then they need the off-season to mull everything over and get a consensus. It's all BS. I'm glad Brown let them have it in the presser. He even implied it was because of Kings-bias (the front of the jersey). Hopefully, the change in ref calls that miraculously happened with Sabonis in this last game will also happen with the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.