[Game] Kings vs. Grizzlies 10/27/2022 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
played tough: Domas, Murray, Barnes
streaky: monk

The rest need to go look in the mirror. I saw zero fire from Fox. Ur star can’t disappear.

kayte needs to stop making excuses. This team is in trouble. Shaka going to shake.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
When the Grizzlies needed a basket during crunch time in the 4th they just waltzed in the paint and made a short shot. The Kings' interior defense posed no problem to them whatsoever.

I wish I was this optimistic. Props for the team hanging in there I guess, but pretty unfortunate to see our best team in years at 0-4. Pretty much says it all in terms of what we can expect going forward in terms of a ceiling.
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone foresaw the bench being this bad. It was supposed to be a big advantage for us every night. Monk has been great the past 2 games, TD was good the first 2, but that's basically been it from the bench. Everyone else has been straight unplayable bad.

Hopefully Huerter doesn't have to miss time. We're basically back to being a 6-man playable rotation at this point.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone foresaw the bench being this bad. It was supposed to be a big advantage for us every night. Monk has been great the past 2 games, TD was good the first 2, but that's basically been it from the bench. Everyone else has been straight unplayable bad.

Hopefully Huerter doesn't have to miss time. We're basically back to being a 6-man playable rotation at this point.
And the defense of the bench has been poor. There was very little resistance in the paint.

We’ve played ok, but this team just doesn’t look competitive to me. The season still has a ways to go, but historically the Kings don’t correct their issues during the season. I don’t think we make the play in.
Years ago in the 90s the team didn't have much talent, but they played over .500 at home and brought more effort.....going 0-3 at home is poor....they didn't bring enough effort on defense. in this game

The bench has talent and it's baby steps, the issue is how long this can last. No, this isn't an entire new roster Kings fans. And even the new pieces have soo much pressure from day 1. This is what happens when you kind of go all in this direction after questions of that being logical. Usually, when you have talent, make needed improvements, you expecet that surprise start to catch teams off guard early. It is still early, it's a tough schedule, blah, blah, but historically you want to be swapped with what the Jazz are pulling off even though at some point if all is right the Kings will rise and they will tumble once teams figure them out.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I mean, if it'll get you guys to come off the ledge, the Miami Heat are our next opponent and are probably the worst looking roster we've faced to this point all year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The bench has talent and it's baby steps, the issue is how long this can last. No, this isn't an entire new roster Kings fans. And even the new pieces have soo much pressure from day 1. This is what happens when you kind of go all in this direction after questions of that being logical. Usually, when you have talent, make needed improvements, you expecet that surprise start to catch teams off guard early. It is still early, it's a tough schedule, blah, blah, but historically you want to be swapped with what the Jazz are pulling off even though at some point if all is right the Kings will rise and they will tumble once teams figure them out.
Honestly, feels like the surprise start came too early in preseason and teams came out of the gates with their guards up against us (blowing out the Trailblazers in preseason only to have them show up and play their hearts out against us in the season opener).

And the defense of the bench has been poor. There was very little resistance in the paint.
They are going to have to figure that end out. Sabonis isn't going to be your last line. Teams are really starting to attack him. Fox has stepped up but I still think switching pick and rolls and staying up is the only way to really be a legit defensive squad if you don't have a ton of defensive personnel and this team simply doesn't. In time perhaps they get a team scheme down but keeping it simple on both ends is needed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.