The Sweet Science

this thread has been quiet for too long. I don't know how many on this board follow Boxing other than @upinsmoke but Joshua is fighting on the 20th this month. Other than that, any other high profile fights for the remainder of this year?
Canelo vs GGG in September hopefully washed up triple G makes it out alive. Honestly when it comes to match making nothing is more pathetic than boxing 95% of fights are complete mismatches and guys are afraid to lose the 0 on their records. MMA and kickboxing is where it's at the best tend to fight the best.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Canelo vs GGG in September hopefully washed up triple G makes it out alive. Honestly when it comes to match making nothing is more pathetic than boxing 95% of fights are complete mismatches and guys are afraid to lose the 0 on their records. MMA and kickboxing is where it's at the best tend to fight the best.
yeah it's unfortunate what it's come to. A perfect example would be a 40 year old Mayweather fighting a 23 year old Canelo.

yeah it's unfortunate what it's come to. A perfect example would be a 40 year old Mayweather fighting a 23 year old Canelo.
You rarely ever even see two up and coming prospects fight it's embarrassing, boxing is paying guys to go in and get KOed by the promoters prospect at this point or hyping a average at best fighter as a serious challenge to an above average to elite one and than claiming he's p4p#1.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
You rarely ever even see two up and coming prospects fight it's embarrassing, boxing is paying guys to go in and get KOed by the promoters prospect at this point or hyping a average at best fighter as a serious challenge to an above average to elite one and than claiming he's p4p#1.
can you think of two fighters who were in their primes who last fought each other?

what about Fury vs Wilder?
That one is kind of hard the first time they fought Fury was coming off like 2 years not fighting and being massively obese/depressed , also with Wilder when was his prime? Both guys biggest wins prior were against 40+ year olds in Ortizx2 (Cuban HW) and for Fury (Klitchsko who he refused to rematch). The trilogy was epic for sure but I can't say with certainty both guys were at their best.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That one is kind of hard the first time they fought Fury was coming off like 2 years not fighting and being massively obese/depressed , also with Wilder when was his prime? Both guys biggest wins prior were against 40+ year olds in Ortizx2 (Cuban HW) and for Fury (Klitchsko who he refused to rematch). The trilogy was epic for sure but I can't say with certainty both guys were at their best.
someone being in their prime doesn't necessarily have to mean someone who has fought the best competition. It can also mean someone who is in their best fighting shape and shown and being able to last into the later rounds if necessary. What do you think of the potential Crawford vs Spence bout?

someone being in their prime doesn't necessarily have to mean someone who has fought the best competition. It can also mean someone who is in their best fighting shape and shown and being able to last into the later rounds if necessary. What do you think of the potential Crawford vs Spence bout?
Probably the best fight they can make in boxing currently I would say, both excellent fighters, also Beterbiev vs Bivol is another elite fight they could/should make.

Probably the best fight they can make in boxing currently I would say, both excellent fighters, also Beterbiev vs Bivol is another elite fight they could/should make.
Spence beat my fave recent figher (Mikey Garcia; not flashy, but technical and balanced), but I think Crawford would be a slight fave. Shorter, but probably just as long as Spence. Can bang, crafty in the pocket, and switch to either hand.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Spence beat my fave recent figher (Mikey Garcia; not flashy, but technical and balanced), but I think Crawford would be a slight fave. Shorter, but probably just as long as Spence. Can bang, crafty in the pocket, and switch to either hand.
will you watch Joshua vs Usyk?

Garcia was way to small for him, Spence did not look great vs Ugas either he was badly rocked a few times and Ugas never went in for the kill.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Don’t plan to. Outside of a lucky shot or Joshua slimming down n dancing like a butterfly, I don’t see any world where Joshua beats Usyk. Too slow. Usyk will just circle him all night. U?
I've never seen a Usyk fight, but is he a faster and better conditioned fighter in your view? I will watch the day after, no use in paying for PPV.

So, how about Joshua’s post-fight shenanigans?
The things you do to stay relevant.

I thought Joshua looked better. Fought a smarter fight. But he's so muscular and slow. Shoulda developed into a super heavy weight with elite athleticism rather than his current Tristan Thompson like build. As Andre Ward said, effectively, dude is built all wrong.

If he wants to be an elite headliner, dude's next fight should be against Wilder. That's a trilogy. Though they'll likely take 10 years from each other's lives if it happened.

The things you do to stay relevant.

I thought Joshua looked better. Fought a smarter fight. But he's so muscular and slow. Shoulda developed into a super heavy weight with elite athleticism rather than his current Tristan Thompson like build. As Andre Ward said, effectively, dude is built all wrong.

If he wants to be an elite headliner, dude's next fight should be against Wilder. That's a trilogy. Though they'll likely take 10 years from each other's lives if it happened.
Assuming Wilder does not get KOed in his next fight which is a strong chance

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
didn't want to comment on the fight until I watched it. Joshua was way too stiff and mechanical. Minimal fluidity. The man has too much bulk for his division in my opinion and it affected his stamina. I feel Joshua might be better off pursuing another sport where he can use the physiology he worked for and was passed on to.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
not much action in this thread but I know there are a few posters on here that watch the sport so anyone have any thoughts on the upcoming fight between Loma and Haney? Loma going for undisputed. It's experience vs youth. I want this for Loma, especially after what his country has been through and you know with Loma he's coming at you for 12 rounds

not much action in this thread but I know there are a few posters on here that watch the sport so anyone have any thoughts on the upcoming fight between Loma and Haney? Loma going for undisputed. It's experience vs youth. I want this for Loma, especially after what his country has been through and you know with Loma he's coming at you for 12 rounds
The debacle of Davis vs Garcia kind of made me forget about everything boxing. It's a hard fight to call since Loma is fighting above his natural weight class and past his prime and Haney is talented but never fought elite comp. I hope Haney KO's him cold but.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The debacle of Davis vs Garcia kind of made me forget about everything boxing. It's a hard fight to call since Loma is fighting above his natural weight class and past his prime and Haney is talented but never fought elite comp. I hope Haney KO's him cold but.
what debacle are you referring to?

Nice to read a boxing thread with recent comments. I used to be a boxing fanatic but stopped watching everything but the big fights at the movie theatre or after they are over on youtube. but recently retired so now is my chance to get caught up in boxing again

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Nice to read a boxing thread with recent comments. I used to be a boxing fanatic but stopped watching everything but the big fights at the movie theatre or after they are over on youtube. but recently retired so now is my chance to get caught up in boxing again
who is your current favorite boxer or boxers?