Keegan Murray

It’s crazy looking at those numbers and he’s just kind of blended into the floor while doing his thing as quietly and unassumingly as possible.

Tonight was the first game he really popped off the screen to me.

Go clinch the MVP on Jabari tomorrow!
Is your Ivey shaped pillow not comfy enough?

All due respect, kinda glad to see the board's most consistent negative poster finally coming around..

All due respect, kinda glad to see the board's most consistent negative poster finally coming around..
Careful now, if Ivey's game translates to the NBA, he's the type of player you don't add to a team, you start with him. Murray is the highly efficient 20+ and 8 guy as advertised. He hasn't gotten much post play, which is also there, but he's pretty much been what he was in college. I think when all is said and done, this draft is going to be pretty darn good all around.

I haven’t been around long but I don’t think he comes close to being the boards most negative poster. @SLAB While expressing disappointment in Murray initially he’s remained atleast somewhat open to being proven wrong by Keegan. The last couple games he’s been coming around even more so. People will always have “their” guys and that’s 100% fine.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
While it's certainly possible that someone else from this draft becomes a superstar and vaults to the top of this class, it's looking increasingly unlikely that there are 4 players in this draft who are better NBA players than Keegan. I'll take a low usage scoring forward with elite 3pt shooting, defensive versatility, above average work on the boards, and a willingness to take high pressure shots 10 times out of 10 over a project who might make an All NBA team in 4 years. Most of those long-term potential picks don't pan out and with our track record, it would take a miracle for a raw athlete to grow into a well-rounded pro. Better to draft the perfect player for us than to try and build them up. And I think we've done that with Keegan Murray.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I haven’t been around long but I don’t think he comes close to being the boards most negative poster. @SLAB While expressing disappointment in Murray initially he’s remained atleast somewhat open to being proven wrong by Keegan. The last couple games he’s been coming around even more so. People will always have “their” guys and that’s 100% fine.
Thank you.

I’m honestly pretty pissed about this narrative that I’m rooting for Murray to fail or whatever. Yeah, I really wanted Ivey. Yeah, Ivey impressed me more in game 1-to-1 comparison before his injury. No, this isn’t and has never been a Marvin Bagley situation where I hated the guy from the second his name was called.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You see elements of a star bubbling at the surface, will it boil over? I won’t be penciling him in as a star just yet but he’s at least show he has a path to get there.
He's somehow improved exponentially with the ball in his hand over the last week in Vegas.
We're starting to see elements of his game that he never showed in Iowa. Whatever ceiling people had pegged on him before the draft was probably way too low.

He's somehow improved exponentially with the ball in his hand over the last week in Vegas.
We're starting to see elements of his game that he never showed in Iowa. Whatever ceiling people had pegged on him before the draft was probably way too low.
the pump fake and that little dip back he does for 3s are two weapons that are potentially huge for him. If he just keeps it simple his efficiency will be off the charts

Yeah, I agree. There are a couple of others on this board that are far worse. Slab just seems like a passionate fan that had one player he was looking forward to us grabbing. I get that feeling since I've felt it before, was definitely feeling that way when we passed on Luka.

I am really excited for this team this coming season. My friends and family get tired of me saying it, but I really do feel like this next season will hit different.

***young person alert*** :)

“It just hits different” and “let’s gooooo” are the two phrases I hear the most in this generation.

my generation used “sick” and wore JNCOs so… :D
The misuse of the word "vibe" drives me nuts.

I'd rather hear someone use "bro" as the space bar when they talk rather than call someone or something a vibe.

***young person alert*** :)

“It just hits different” and “let’s gooooo” are the two phrases I hear the most in this generation.

my generation used “sick” and wore JNCOs so… :D
I'm 39, so not that young. I just happen to be a big gamer and obviously hear what all the cool kids are saying now-a-days lol.

Oh god, JNCOs. I thought those were dumb even back then. I had one pair with a stripe down the side but I never really wore them. But I did wear a lot of Fubu as a half white/half asian kid though lol.