[Game] Kings vs. Thunder [Vegas Summer League] 7/13/2022 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern (NBATV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget, the Thunder had about 6 guys out there that will be on their roster. What Keegan did tonight was especially impressive IMO.
Meh. Okc playing 18 to 20 year olds.

That was a solid game from Murray. But no one in there right mind would take him over Chet. Murray is going to be solid as role playing third option next year, but people forgetting 99% of these dudes will be in the g league or Europe next year.

Meh. Okc playing 18 to 20 year olds.

That was a solid game from Murray. But no one on there right mind would take him over Chet. Murray is going to be solid as role playing third option next year, but people forgetting 99% of these dudes will be in the g league or Europe next year.
The basket is still the same,also he passes the eye test,I do know it's just summer league and some non NBA players but to me you can see it the way he moves on the floor and the way he plays,again he passes the eye test,people put to much saying it's just gleague players,think about this it's probably harder to be impressive against someone going 110 mph all the time trying to make a team and keeg has done that

Low ceiling my a double s. Dude can flat out SCORE and does a lot of other things VERY well.

Here's the thing. The other top 6 might end up better. Might. But right now Keegan is the best, most polished and well rounded.

So many players come out with the "high ceiling" label that make them so intriguing, and then you get the "high floor - low ceiling" label on others (looking at you Luka). If I was a betting man I would wager those high floor players have a higher percentage ending up as good to great than those "high ceiling" players (looking at you Marvin Snagley the Turd, err Third.).

All this to say Murray has put up one of the most consistent SL performances in history and yet there are some who still lament the pick over Ivey.

Murray is going to make the KINGS better immediately, and odds are for the long run, than any other pick they could have made, top 3 included.

Dude has his warts but from day 1 he is going to be a plus instead of a minus, not to mention he is going to make the KINGS better overall.

Opening night is going to be wild!

Low ceiling my a double s. Dude can flat out SCORE and does a lot of other things VERY well.

Here's the thing. The other top 6 might end up better. Might. But right now Keegan is the best, most polished and well rounded.

So many players come out with the "high ceiling" label that make them so intriguing, and then you get the "high floor - low ceiling" label on others (looking at you Luka). If I was a betting man I would wager those high floor players have a higher percentage ending up as good to great than those "high ceiling" players (looking at you Marvin Snagley the Turd, err Third.).

All this to say Murray has put up one of the most consistent SL performances in history and yet there are some who still lament the pick over Ivey.

Murray is going to make the KINGS better immediately, and odds are for the long run, than any other pick they could have made, top 3 included.

Dude has his warts but from day 1 he is going to be a plus instead of a minus, not to mention he is going to make the KINGS better overall.

Opening night is going to be wild!
Yeah, if this team overall isn't better, there just isn't any hope lol. Murrays polish is what his value was based on partly and as a scorer he's got it. But, in the end, play making and being able to run an offense determines individual superstars in this current league no matter how you slice it. Since the Kings think they have one in Fox, we're seeing that Monte did indeed add someone that will clearly make the team better immediately. Now that "Vlades" coach is gone, we can put out any ideas that we see Metu getting that spot from day 1 based on years as a role player in the league right? hahaha.

Reading some posts on this board would make you think he is just having a "meh" Summer League performance.
It's like the draft itself. People like to see glimpses of greatness to a fault, they actively ignore the real tangible things. His ceiling is low because Murray is in a full-grown body. Oh he doesn't have 7'5" wingspan, runs like a deer, and dribbles past guys, he probably will just be a good role player (kb02 literally just called him that a couple of posts above).

You see what you wanna see these days.

It's like the draft itself. People like to see glimpses of greatness to a fault, they actively ignore the real tangible things. His ceiling is low because Murray is in a full-grown body. Oh he doesn't have 7'5" wingspan, runs like a deer, and dribbles past guys, he probably will just be a good role player (kb02 literally just called him that a couple of posts above).

You see what you wanna see these days.
His length is interesting. For a guy that is about 6'8" he's definitely got great length. He was able to reach above and tap balls away from someone way taller so that says a lot. And I don't think the right way of looking at it is that his ceiling is low, it's that he's much closer to it. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Keegan Murray in 2 years looking much the same, players like Chet, Paolo, Ivey, Sharpe will probably look entirely different.

The basket is still the same,also he passes the eye test,I do know it's just summer league and some non NBA players but to me you can see it the way he moves on the floor and the way he plays,again he passes the eye test,people put to much saying it's just gleague players,think about this it's probably harder to be impressive against someone going 110 mph all the time trying to make a team and keeg has done that
I got more value from the plays where a current NBA quality defender went up against him. The times that Jalen Williams guarded him, he had difficulty scoring against him. Williams has a pro body n legit wing length. Murray was able to bully Chet, so there just wasn’t much value from that match up. How many dudes in the NBA are as skinny as Chet? Now if Chet puts on good weight, in three years, he’s an elite defender. Big if though, but that combination of mobility n length n skill is rare.

The off the ball movement n shooting for Murray will translate. As well as his IQ on rebounds.

The ball creation is still an issue. He tends to over dribble n expose the ball when facing up. Even on that drive n score on #25, who is an undersized 4, Murrary crossed the ball on him twice on the same play. Fox never crosses the ball on his drives. But Murray n his lack of explosion is going to morph into Harden and do that in the nba?

Yeah, if this team overall isn't better, there just isn't any hope lol. Murrays polish is what his value was based on partly and as a scorer he's got it. But, in the end, play making and being able to run an offense determines individual superstars in this current league no matter how you slice it. Since the Kings think they have one in Fox, we're seeing that Monte did indeed add someone that will clearly make the team better immediately. Now that "Vlades" coach is gone, we can put out any ideas that we see Metu getting that spot from day 1 based on years as a role player in the league right? hahaha.
We all know Vlade messed up not interviewing other potential candidates. That was just flat out dumb. Dude showed his hand before the flop and then Luke ended up in legal troubles and it was downhill from there.

Keegan will never be LeBron, we can get that out the way now.

Last time I looked, players like Klay and Rashard Lewis/Rasheed Wallace were All Stars because they were GOOD and contributed to WINNING.

Why our fan base is so stuck on potential versus winning is beyond me, but I'd be willing to bet a gold coin the Kings win more next year than any of the past 10 seasons based on current roster unless 5 of the top 7 get injured for long stretches.

I got more value from the plays where a current NBA quality defender went up against him. The times that Jalen Williams guarded him, he had difficulty scoring against him. Williams has a pro body n legit wing length. Murray was able to bully Chet, so there just wasn’t much value from that match up. How many dudes in the NBA are as skinny as Chet? Now if Chet puts on good weight, in three years, he’s an elite defender. Big if though, but that combination of mobility n length n skill is rare.

The off the ball movement n shooting for Murray will translate. As well as his IQ on rebounds.

The ball creation is still an issue. He tends to over dribble n expose the ball when facing up. Even on that drive n score on #25, who is an undersized 4, Murrary crossed the ball on him twice on the same play. Fox never crosses the ball on his drives. But Murray n his lack of explosion is going to morph into Harden and do that in the nba?
With as much switching, screens, and off ball movement that the GOOD teams do in the NBA, I am super surprised you keep sticking with 1 player being able to shut Murray down all game long.

As if Brown and his staff can't scheme ways to get other people on to Murray on and off ball...

With as much switching, screens, and off ball movement that the GOOD teams do in the NBA, I am super surprised you keep sticking with 1 player being able to shut Murray down all game long.

As if Brown and his staff can't scheme ways to get other people on to Murray on and off ball...
1 player? NBA quality size and wing length = majority of the players on the floor in the nba.

Show me tape of Bamba driving from the perimeter n dunking on dudes.
Now you're mixing things up. Focus on the discussion.

All I said was it can be dangerous to only scout for intangibles just because someone has the physical attributes to be elite at certain things, that doesn't mean it is now a fact that he will fulfill such premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.