2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

Would you rather?

Barnes+Expiring+2023 top 12 protected pick for Collins

Barnes+Holmes+Expirings for Tobias-Thybulle-Springer

I think if the Sixers offered that package, I'd take that deal over Collins. Tobias-Collins are very similar in talent and we aren't tied to 5 years of Collins if it doesn't work, while getting an excellent defensive boost in Thybulle and an intriguing young player in Springer. Locks up our cap space for next year, especially since Thybulle is RFA too, but I think that's worth it? I don't see any path where you get better value than that in 2023 FA as the Kings.
I have no horse in this race. So looking from the outside in, go with the young option. Harris is turning 30, while Collins will turn 25 soon. Harris has two years - $77 mil left on his deal. Collins has 4 years - $100 mil.

If this is soley about the "23 season then go with Harris. But if it's about 2023 and beyound then go Collins.

Then again I see the dynamics you had in your proposal in getting rid of Holmes, while trading a pick to get Collins. So I see why you went with Harris.

Color me most shocked that GP2, martin twins AND otto porter are still on the board. Though haven't seen warriors makena single deal. If i have read the money correctly though, the monk deal will take us up to the cap if we renounce lamb. That would give us the non-tax payer MLE to still work with and a BAE as well as $4M in trade exceptions. We could still pursue GP2 and a Martin twin. Im good staying away from John Collins. I think he will NOT fit woth Murray and a team of Fox, Monk, Collins, and Sabonis will be fighting for last in defensive rating.

Btw, i did posit to everyone that mike brown likes holmes and probably has good ideas for how to use him (zoomed with Holmes and his agent during WCFs and then Holmes was in the front row for his introductory presser).

I’m not really understanding this from the Wizards perspective. Kuzma I assume would be headed to Atlanta unless they put him at the 3? Rui or Deni heading to Atlanta instead? Screams they need a third team to make this work. Would love to give up the Collins pursuit and try to be the third team with a Barnes swap. DENI ,Rui, Huerter, Kispert, Jalen Johnson. A lot of interesting pieces there.