Collins for Davion, Barnes and 2 second rounders?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Detroit trading Grant for a 2025 1st rounder from the Bucks sets the bar extremely low for Collins. A first rounder of the Bucks in 2025 is equivalent to a 2nd rounder tomorrow. The Kings should be able to wangle Collins for a low price tag.

Detroit trading Grant for a 2025 1st rounder from the Bucks sets the bar extremely low for Collins. A first rounder of the Bucks in 2025 is equivalent to a 2nd rounder tomorrow. The Kings should be able to wangle Collins for a low price tag.
I do think their contract status is one big difference, although that could also mean expirings plus tomorrow's second if Atlanta just wants to get out of the contract.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I do think their contract status is one big difference, although that could also mean expirings plus tomorrow's second if Atlanta just wants to get out of the contract.
If you mean the large contract, I believe Collins has a very large contract, hence Atlanta's interest in trading him.

I don't have Collins worth this much due to his contract.

Looking at reports, it sounds like #4 is not being included in Collins discussions, and I'd be surprised if Mitchell is included unless it's an overpay. Mitchell just seems like Brown's type of guy and someone that will be very useful to changing our culture.

I could see McNair offering something like...

Harrison Barnes
Richaun Holmes

for

John Collins

...with Holmes being rerouted to a 3rd team and a late 1st/young asset being sent back to ATL. Gives McNair a young, starting PF (granted, I'm not a fan of the fit) while also picking up another mid 1st.

The addition of Murray, and his performance so far, probably means that the likelihood that the Kings give up a player of consequence, such as Mitchell, is low. We won't be going out of our way to acquire a pf via trade at this point, even if it is John Collins.