KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If teams really believe Ivey is (or could be) the best player from this draft, then you absolutely ask for a ransom to move down and let another team draft him. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Either McNair stays put and just drafts Ivey himself or he gets a huge deal.

There's no reason to settle for a mediocre haul to move down. And that's from someone who isn't nearly as high as consensus on Ivey.
Absolutely. Ivey could be huge. Brilliant analysis again by Funkykingston.

Knicks might be willing to pay the price? oo nelly.

Let's assume RJ is off the table, because I just don't think they'd include him. The Knicks do have all their future picks, including the 2023 Mavs FRP. I'm not sure the 2 future FRP are enough though? Especially since that very likely takes you out of Daniels/Murray range.

Is 11+Quickley+Mavs 2023+Knicks 2023 enough? 11+Quickley+Reddish+2 future FRP?

Let's assume RJ is off the table, because I just don't think they'd include him. The Knicks do have all their future picks, including the 2023 Mavs FRP. I'm not sure the 2 future FRP are enough though? Especially since that very likely takes you out of Daniels/Murray range.

Monte would have to love Quickly and Reddish……..would want no protections in the Knicks first in 2023

you taking restrictions off all those picks?

Was looking up all of the possible players that could be involved in a trade down…and other potentials on these teams

Indiana… hate the idea of Brogdon, Turner, Duarte is not good enough and all they got is Haliburton
Knicks. All I want from them is Barrett and picks. Meh on Quickley, Grimes, Toppin and Reddish.
Detroit. I’d be down with Grant or Bey or both truth be told and then take Murray
Wizards. Deni stats are meh, Rui is somewhat interesting, Kuzma is ok, just not in love with those guys
Memphis, they would have to overpay to make it happen which probably ain’t happening

So far the thing that interests me is Detroit as it accomplishes bringing a starter that fits and we still draft Murray

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Was looking up all of the possible players that could be involved in a trade down…and other potentials on these teams

Wizards. Deni stats are meh, Rui is somewhat interesting, Kuzma is ok, just not in love with those guys
I'm intrigued by Deni's potential. But - in a similar vein to what we were looking at in terms of the Knicks' pick, assuming that Indy is willing to do something like #6/Brogdon/Duarte for #4, do you suppose that the Wiz might be interested in flipping Deni/Kuzma (not including #10) for Brogdon? The Wiz are pretty shorthanded when it comes to lead guards - I guess they'll play Beal there but he seems to be pretty effective off the ball as well, and the only true PG they have under contract is Ish Smith. Brogdon might actually be a nice fit there, and we could come away with #6/Duarte/Deni/Kuzma. The only real issue here is that a salary match might be real tough without including Holmes and we'd end up making ourselves real thin in the paint, as I don't think we'd be using the #6 to draft Williams or Duren.

I’m still not sure Ivey will be the better player when comparing he and Murray
Ivey is super athletic. Ivey could be a star. Ivey might very well fall into the Kings lap.

Are you prepared to take the chance of losing him.

No one here has a crystal ball.

Vlade passed on Luka. If Ivey does become a star and if you are the GM that passed on him... Monte would carry this the rest of his career.

Just say no Monte.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Are you really ready to trade out of the 4th spot. BTW think hard...What if Ivey becomes the next Ja Morant.
Or Joe Alexander, Marvin Williams, Fultz, Baldwin, Flynn, our very own Fredette...

It's clearly a gamble. Ivey needs to be in the right situation, where the ball can be in his hands and the team doesn't care about wins/losses next year. That's already two strikes against Sacramento.

Edit: Again, passing on Luka does not mean you double down on a lesser talent. The equivalent analogy would be passing on Wembanyama if given the chance.

I'm intrigued by Deni's potential. But - in a similar vein to what we were looking at in terms of the Knicks' pick, assuming that Indy is willing to do something like #6/Brogdon/Duarte for #4, do you suppose that the Wiz might be interested in flipping Deni/Kuzma (not including #10) for Brogdon? The Wiz are pretty shorthanded when it comes to lead guards - I guess they'll play Beal there but he seems to be pretty effective off the ball as well, and the only true PG they have under contract is Ish Smith. Brogdon might actually be a nice fit there, and we could come away with #6/Duarte/Deni/Kuzma. The only real issue here is that a salary match might be real tough without including Holmes and we'd end up making ourselves real thin in the paint, as I don't think we'd be using the #6 to draft Williams or Duren.
I'm not too worried about the back-up C slot. Len is fairly proven he can handle a back-up role, we invested a high 2nd in Queta development and Damian Jones probably at most costs you like 2 yr/6 mil to resign. We're basically looking for 14-16 minutes to back up Sabonis. I think those 3 are more than capable of handling it.

And if not, my boy Isaiah Hartenstein is ripe for the taking in UFA.

One future 1st for every spot we move down. Seems fair to me.
Interesting. Would you pay that price to move up?

Some of the recent trades involved a future FRP for moving couple of places. Two FRPs is indeed a steep price. We might not want to move down short of that particularly since we risk losing both Ivey & Murray, the two seeming favorites for the 4/5 spots. However, unless the Pacers value them extremely high, they will balk at that price.

Ivey is super athletic. Ivey could be a star. Ivey might very well fall into the Kings lap.

Are you prepared to take the chance of losing him.

No one here has a crystal ball.

Vlade passed on Luka. If Ivey does become a star and if you are the GM that passed on him... Monte would carry this the rest of his career.

Just say no Monte.
I’ve seen a few people/scouts/articles saying the same thing. They love Murray and Ivey has concerns.
Just saw on tv that ESPN’s analysts have Murray at a higher chance of being an all-star then Ivey. They went Holmgren and Banchero kind of tied, Jabari close 3rd, then a slight drop to Murray and then Ivey. Granted, it’s ESPN who I despise but just saying that it’s not out of line to think Murray can be better.

If that's the case, isn't it also true that Golden State "hides" Draymond Green in the paint in a zone as a defacto center as well? I thought we'd all agreed that the guy whose job is to play goalkeeper and decide when to double, when to show on pick and rolls or drop back, and basically defend the entire space within the three point arc is the keystone of that style of zone defense.
Dray is a defensive anchor as a big and a wing defender. Very few comps will fit someone like that. He can basically switch to all 5 spots.

If this has any truth to it, then at least get Grant/5 out of the deal Monte. The games will end in a few days and when one of the top 3 falls this will all be moot until Monte takes Ivey/Murray anyway and everyone can be pissed, lol.

keep hearing how no lottery picks, except Sochran, are working out for us. Maybe there is a deal already in place to move up.
I don’t know how that could be kept quiet with all this other noise out there, or even a possibility, but it would make for an interesting draft.

keep hearing how no lottery picks, except Sochran, are working out for us. Maybe there is a deal already in place to move up.
I don’t know how that could be kept quiet with all this other noise out there, or even a possibility, but it would make for an interesting draft.
Listening to James Ham it did sound strange. Not like all agents are blockading the Kings but that the Kings simply aren't getting into any conversations with certain camps. For it to make any sense it has to be done to shroud their intentions with as much mystery as possible. Vlade would probably take Sochan at 5 so that's all you need to know.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Edit: Again, passing on Luka does not mean you double down on a lesser talent. The equivalent analogy would be passing on Wembanyama if given the chance.
Yeah, Luka was a player folks were salivating 2-3 years on the chance to draft and ... god I just can't.

Ivey is not that. Wembanyama definitely is. Ivey isn't even Zion, who was the product of a massive hype wave in a lukewarm draft that followed two white hot drafts. Of course Ja was the real talent in that class, and I don't see anything in Ivey's resume to suggest he can be Ja, other than Ja was lightly regarded out of high school and didn't play in a major conference so maybe that inflated his stats. Still his numbers suggest a much different type of player. But they are both fast and guards so Ivey must be the next Ja, apparently.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Listening to James Ham it did sound strange. Not like all agents are blockading the Kings but that the Kings simply aren't getting into any conversations with certain camps. For it to make any sense it has to be done to shroud their intentions with as much mystery as possible. Vlade would probably take Sochan at 5 so that's all you need to know.
I saw someone suggest on twitter or reddit that this is a Morey tactic. I don't know but I am inclined to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.