Moses Moody vs James Bouknight: Better rookie year?

Who had the better Rookie year?

• Moses Moody

• James Bouknight

• Tie: No winner

Results are only viewable after voting.
KB02 is trying to welch on a charity bet we had before the season. Who do you think had the better rookie season?

Moody:
52 games-11 starts
11.7 MPG
4.6 PPG
1.5 RPG
0.4 APG

57.3% TS (36.4% from 3)
15.2% USG
.101 WS/48
-0.1 VORP
-2.5 BPM

Season best: 30 points on 10-23 shooting, 3 REB, 1 AST, 1 Steal

Bouknight:
31 games-0 starts
9.8 MPG
4.6 PPG
1.7 RPG
0.8 APG

45.9% TS (34.7% from 3)
23.7% USG
.001 WS/48
23.7% USG
-0.4 VORP
-7.1 BPM

Season best: 24 points on 9-14 shooting, 6 reb, 0 assist, 0 steal

Edit: I'll respect whatever the board decides, which is what we had agreed to initially.

Last edited:
KB02 is trying to welch on a charity bet we had before the season. Who do you think had the better rookie season?

Moody:
52 games-11 starts
11.7 MPG
4.6 PPG
1.5 RPG
0.4 APG

57.3% TS (36.4% from 3)
15.2% USG
.101 WS/48
-0.1 VORP
-2.5 BPM

Bouknight:
31 games-0 starts
9.8 MPG
4.6 PPG
1.7 RPG
0.8 APG

45.9% TS (34.7% from 3)
23.7% USG
.001 WS/48
23.7% USG
-0.4 VORP
-7.1 BPM

Season best: 24 points on 9-14 shooting, 6 reb, 0 assist, 0 steal,
This is funny. Just lolzzzz. Both sucked. I mean, I guess I should applaud the effort.

I am not feeling qualified to vote but based on the stats above I would call this a tie, and perhaps a bit disappointing for both based on some of the hype they received (mostly in the games played category).
Yea. Moody wasn’t a plug and play 3 and D like what this board assumed he would be. Herb Jones was though, who i always had higher than Moody.

Bouknight didn’t adjust to the physicality and had issues with his coach.

Both players disappointed.

Moody:
52 games-11 starts
11.7 MPG
4.6 PPG
1.5 RPG
0.4 APG

57.3% TS (36.4% from 3)
15.2% USG
.101 WS/48
-0.1 VORP
-2.5 BPM

Bouknight:
31 games-0 starts
9.8 MPG
4.6 PPG
1.7 RPG
0.8 APG

45.9% TS (34.7% from 3)
23.7% USG
.001 WS/48
23.7% USG
-0.4 VORP
-7.1 BPM

Season best: 24 points on 9-14 shooting, 6 reb, 0 assist, 0 steal

Edit: I'll respect whatever the board decides, which is what we had agreed to initially.
Whatever the poll results are, im not donating to any charity when it was a clear push. But when Monte is fired by midseason, you can donate then.

Whatever the poll results are, im not donating to any charity when it was a clear push. But when Monte is fired by midseason, you can donate then.
Not surprised. This is what we had agreed to decide the results on, since neither of us would be able to obviously be objective.

Not surprised. This is what we had agreed to decide the results on, since neither of us would be able to obviously be objective.
I'm done with this thread. You're really trying to compare two players, who sucked. But remember to donate at midseason.

I'm done with this thread. You're really trying to compare two players, who sucked. But remember to donate at midseason.
I'm curious how you're going to welch your way out of that one too. Should be entertaining.

Mods can close the thread. No point if KB02 isn't going to honor our deal.

Agreed. This is a hard question because you're comparing someone on the current Warriors with Kerr as coach vs. the Hornets.
If Moody was drafted by Kings and put up those numbers and only played 50 games I would actually not be very high on Monte right now. (although I don't know all the details as I just didn't watch him, I know both went through some serious shooting struggles). But it's tough to evaluate when the team was in contention for a 2 seed.

A guy playing 30 games on the Hornets may not be long for this league.

Man, this has to be a tie for futility. Not that I watched either of them for any extended time, except for the one time Bouknight got his soul eaten by Davion and the other time he randomly exploded.
Fair. Neither were great, but the easiest argument for Moody could just be condensed into 52 games-11 starts on a 53 win team. That's a rotation player level usage. Bouknight had a couple stretches, but couldn't ever break into a 43 win team rotation that had a very very weak bench for most of the year.

The efficiency numbers from Moody are reasonably good; he just didn't have a big offensive role (obviously).

Fair. Neither were great, but the easiest argument for Moody could just be condensed into 52 games-11 starts on a 53 team. That's a rotation player level usage. Bouknight had a couple stretches, but couldn't ever break into a 43 win team rotation that had a very very weak bench for most of the year.

The efficiency numbers from Moody are reasonably good; he just didn't have a big offensive role (obviously).
Yeah, I would give the edge to Moody because of the starts and more games played. However, it was mostly a push.

Why do you say that as if the Hornets were on par with the Kings? The Hornets were sneaky good, and the east is probably better than you think it is.
I know they are better than the Kings but they also don't have the Warriors roster. I guess I would have expected him to play in 60 games to call the season a success?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I know they are better than the Kings but they also don't have the Warriors roster. I guess I would have expected him to play in 60 games to call the season a success?
He plays the same position as their three best players. Even with Hayward getting hurt, I'm not sure how much an impact you could have reasonably expected him to have?

Both guys had pretty underwhelming years, but Moody played 20 more games, and he was a much bigger contributor. Personally, I don't think it's close at all. Moody all the way. The fact that Bouknight couldn't even see the floor? That's a huge red flag if I'm a Hornets fan.

He would have been better off spending the entire season in Greensboro. What was two minutes a night going to do for him, or the Hornets?
I expect a lottery player who is healthy to play in half the team's games. Unless I am missing something it appears that he had a lot of DNP-CDs but I couldn't find a total.

It's fine to disagree. I find it concerning. But I have also abstained from voting.

@kb02 get back in here. A deal is a deal lol
The poll is biased, so I’m not donating to sh*t. Both players had horrible seasons and Bouknight played behind a number of players. Starts don’t matter when one player is on a team competing for a chance to get into the play in and another team is resting their starters.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I expect a lottery player who is healthy to play in half the team's games. Unless I am missing something it appears that he had a lot of DNP-CDs but I couldn't find a total.

It's fine to disagree. I find it concerning. But I have also abstained from voting.
I mean, I find it noteworthy: concerning is a step too far, in my opinion.

All I'm saying is that Bouknight not getting playing time would have been concerning, on a team that was tanking. But Charlotte was fighting for a playoff spot, all season long. Hell, they finished this season with ten more wins than they had last season (five more, if you adjust for total number of games, but still), and finished at the same spot in the standings. And he had better players in front of him, so I'm not really accepting "they don't have the Warriors roster" as an argument for why they should have played him more. If anything, the fact they don't have the Warriors roster is an argument for why they probably should have played him less: The Hornets had the least margin for error of any team that finished in the Top 10 in the east, They probably couldn't afford to give him more playing time.