Fox or Haliburton?

What I’m taking away from all of this is that other teams don’t have much value for Fox and his contract.

I don’t know if there’s many Fox defenders left, but this should tell you that literally no one in the league sees him as a franchise player.

All of his problems pre-draft are relevant 5 years later. Nobody wants to build a team around a ball dominant PG who can’t shoot.

I think we need to move on from him even if his value isn’t as high as we hoped for.
I don't think anyone should be surprised here. We all know what issues Fox has. The analytics that teams look for in a lead guard simply aren't there for Fox. Shooting, passing, and defense wise. Given how explosive Fox can be, those things probably would've been overlooked had he not signed his contract. Once the deal was signed and his shooting began to slump I think we all feared and knew it might get to this point. I think he is still tradable, but I have a feeling we may not love the trade. Though it may be necessary so we can properly rebuild.

Here's the interview. Reading between the lines, Fox was never mentioned, but Haliburton was mentioned numerous times by the host. Morey likely wants Haliburton not Fox. Sees a Maxey level player returning. Thinks the deal could be done, but it would involve three or more teams.

Monte better hope the price drops from Hali to Fox. Maxey level player = second year player like Maxey, who is flashing, and still on his rookie contract = Hali.

Last edited:
With more context - he is specifically looking for defense and rebounding. That sure isn't most of our players. Then he follows up by saying he "might be able to do it with a top-40 player who’s a great fit", but I imagine then he's asking for like 3 FRP on top of the players involved. And that's a no-go for me.

Edit: obviously, a lot of this could just be posturing for better offers from others as well.

View attachment 10855
With more context - he is specifically looking for defense and rebounding. That sure isn't most of our players. Then he follows up by saying he "might be able to do it with a top-40 player who’s a great fit", but I imagine then he's asking for like 3 FRP on top of the players involved. And that's a no-go for me.

Edit: obviously, a lot of this could just be posturing for better offers from others as well.

View attachment 10855
Work for whom? Morey knows Vivek is highly motivated to not go down in infamy and is trying to leverage that to his advantage at this point. Any desperation trade now would be worse than doing nothing.

What do I expect? A desperation trade.

I don't think anyone should be surprised here. We all know what issues Fox has. The analytics that teams look for in a lead guard simply aren't there for Fox. Shooting, passing, and defense wise. Given how explosive Fox can be, those things probably would've been overlooked had he not signed his contract. Once the deal was signed and his shooting began to slump I think we all feared and knew it might get to this point. I think he is still tradable, but I have a feeling we may not love the trade. Though it may be necessary so we can properly rebuild.
The shooting hadn’t slumped this summer and Maxey hadn’t taken off. Monte had his chance and missed it.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Work for whom? Morey knows Vivek is highly motivated to not go down in infamy and is trying to leverage that to his advantage at this point. Any desperation trade now would be worse than doing nothing.

What do I expect? A desperation trade.
???

Sorry, what are you asking?

Yes. Trying to get the Sac fans riled up to put pressure on Monte to make a move.
He doesn't need to pressure the Kings to make a move. Monte has put as much pressue as anyone can on themselves to do so by his own bumbling and time wasting since he took over. He's just using Monte like the Lakers did to get another team to step up and do something whether that's to get Monte to budge or otherwise.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Morey said there were Sacramento trades that would work but didn’t specify for whom. I’m guessing they work for him and are a desperation move for us. He is trying to apply pressure on Monte to make a Vlade like desperation move.
Thanks for clarifying. By your wording I just couldn't figure out if you were asking me a question or making a statement about Morey's statement or whatever.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Morey is a clown. As you have seen this played out regarding the Simmons ordeal, he’s starting to pivot and is trying to save face by saying that Embiid is playing at such a high level, that getting back good players in a Simmons deal may help them win it all….or something in that vein.

He doesn’t have leverage in this situation and is now going to the airwaves..LOL. Allegedly turning down some of these extremely good offers being put out there. The pressure is on him.