[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies, 11/28/21 3pm Pacific 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I'm not a genius, or an NBA coach or anything but I'm thinking if the other team keeps scoring and rebounding you off your missed shots maybe shooting more threes is not the answer.

The ugliness is not surprising considering, but man, I'm concerned. Even with Barnes out you're seeing a team gobble up the Kings on pick and roll while offensively Fox sat off the ball at the start as he watched Haliburtons own pick and roll game get blown up by tight coverage. Without Barnes, Fox and Buddy are the only players that can get their own shots, it's just a reality, and Gentry should be creating shots off of that fact. And the other reality is with Gentry leading the charge what little defensive identity they had is gone so getting the best shots are the ones that are geared towards your best players. Teams will take Metu and Thompson shooting 10+ times a game. And more often than not, those teams will win by doing so because it means your spacing is out of whack and thus all your top options.

And that should just about do it. On top of digging that hole they don't have it at all. Shots are short, step slow on D. Ramsey and King please! Don't pull a "no such thing as garbage time" Walton BS thing here Gentry.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Damian Jones gets a flagrant for a hard box out. Lou King gets steamrolled in mid air by JJJ...yeah, that's just a common foul. No need to review or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.