Walton fired

We didn't have 3 picks since Bagley. I like Simmons but he is overreaching with the knife.
Is he overreaching with 3 point guards yes but the fact is still true that this organization has problems at all levels. His main point is dead on accurate.

This organization is so bad top to bottom, I challenge you to name one another NBA org for whom you wouldn’t immediately trade places with.

This organization is so bad top to bottom, I challenge you to name one another NBA org for whom you wouldn’t immediately trade places with.
I would not in a million years trade with Minnesota or New Orleans and Charlotte plays in the East and has some good luck but their management has proven inept that I'd definitely not "immediately" do such thing.

Now that Walton is gone we can truly see how talented Monte is or isn't - though unfortunately this season is a total loss. It's going to come down to mid-season moves and hopefully nailing the draft. But this is where we'll find out.

M

MercuryNews.com

Steve Kerr’s coaching tree had a branch sawed off Sunday. Luke Walton, an assistant on Kerr’s staff with the Golden State Warriors from 2014-16, was fired Sunday by the Sacramento Kings, 17 games into his third season. Sacramento was 6-11 this season and failed to eclipse .

Continue reading...

So we can expect Luke to rejoin the GSW staff?
I hightly doubt he'll ever get a shot at a HC spot again unless it's to eventually take over from someone like Kerr. He might have a shot at the Arizona gig eventually though. Luke would be an awesome college coach I'd bet. That's where he belongs. His gifts will be better suited there.

I hightly doubt he'll ever get a shot at a HC spot again unless it's to eventually take over from someone like Kerr. He might have a shot at the Arizona gig eventually though. Luke would be an awesome college coach I'd bet. That's where he belongs. His gifts will be better suited there.
He will not get a shot at the Arizona gig.

He will not get a shot at the Arizona gig.
He's young enough to wait and is clearly connected to some degree. We shall see. When someones name comes up in discussion in the media, it's usually from someone connected. Not to scare the crap out of you or anything, just sayin', don't be disappointed if it goes down haha.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I would not in a million years trade with Minnesota or New Orleans and Charlotte plays in the East and has some good luck but their management has proven inept that I'd definitely not "immediately" do such thing.

Now that Walton is gone we can truly see how talented Monte is or isn't - though unfortunately this season is a total loss. It's going to come down to mid-season moves and hopefully nailing the draft. But this is where we'll find out.
I get that Vivek hasn’t been the winningest owner in the league but he at least seems like an okay human being, which is more than you can say for some of the ownership groups out there *coughcoughBob SarverJamie DolanTillman Fertitacoughcough*

And the Kings habe all their picks finally and aren’t mired in cap hell.
things definitely aren’t great but they’re no longer “Oh Crap! Vlade traded a bunch of draft capital to sign Marco Bellinelli” bad anymore.

Last edited:

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
About time, he had to go, too much of a s*show. Yeah we still have the same talent or lack thereof but at least we'll hopefully put our lineups and run plays that make sense.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Is he overreaching with 3 point guards yes but the fact is still true that this organization has problems at all levels. His main point is dead on accurate.

I'd say Minnesota simply because they are a carbon copy of the Kings minus their one playoff appearance to end their drought

Arizona just wiped the floor with #4 Michigan, I realize early season rankings aren't much but this is a big W in young Tommy's coaching cap. Luke can look elsewhere.

Going to be honest, I'd rather have it be Gentry and do a ****ing real coaching search in the off-season. If Doug or Bobby get tapped, I want them to win the job in the off-season after we interview more than 1 candidate. Pretty clear the Kings should punt this season at this point.
That's the time wasting aspect of it right there. Monte had a perfect opportunity to see if the new blood is capable of handling coaching duties, but instead he went with a retread in a half assed attempt to save the season. Gentry is exactly what the Kings don't need. All offense and no defense. He's probably going to help pump up the offensive numbers of our guys but they're still going to lose nearly as much.

Now you hit next year either retaining Gentry or looking elsewhere. Either have to hire BJax or DC as the coach or they're as good as gone without ever knowing if they have the chops to do it. If you do hire them, you run the risk of hiring guys who have no idea what they're doing as a coach at that level. Running with one of them as the interim coach this year would have made the most sense. Instead there will more than likely just be more wasted years because of this.

I read an article just last week in the Athletic saying how Monte and Luke are getting on so well and everyone in the organization is Rowing in the same direction, finally.

Now Monte is on the hot seat. And I ask, (has this roster been improved over last year or the year before)? This is on Monte. So Monte deflects and says play faster. Believe me, Monte is on the hot seat now.

That's the time wasting aspect of it right there. Monte had a perfect opportunity to see if the new blood is capable of handling coaching duties, but instead he went with a retread in a half assed attempt to save the season. Gentry is exactly what the Kings don't need. All offense and no defense. He's probably going to help pump up the offensive numbers of our guys but they're still going to lose nearly as much.
In theory that's what a lot of people here want. Lose and get a draft pick while inflating numbers of some guys he can trade for picks near the deadline?

Then he gets 2-3 picks to play with, hopefully one in the top 5 plus his choice of all available coaches in the offseason.

That is what most of us wanted last year. I am irritated AF that we went another season to get there, and there is still enough time to turn around and blow securing a good pick, but if Monte is remotely a good GM the next ~9 months are going to prove it.

I am so glad Luke is gone... Many times I felt He would just play guys according to how they matched up to the opposing team. It would be nice to see the Kings play their best guys and have other teams adjust to it for a change... Maybe a bigger lineup perhaps? fingers crossed....

From our friend Scot Pollard:

Scot was right about the KINGS drafting Thomas Robinson and Ben McLemore, but he’s wrong on this one. At least about Walton not being part of the big picture problems.

Just because the KINGS have a multitude of problems doesn’t mean the head coach can’t be one of them.

IDK this for certain but my guess is Pollard hasn’t seen many KINGS games during Walton’s tenure as most tortured KINGS fans have. If he had, I really doubt he’d be coming to his defense despite the other valid points he makes.

From our friend Scot Pollard:

Scot was right about the KINGS drafting Thomas Robinson and Ben McLemore, but he’s wrong on this one. At least about Walton not being part of the big picture problems.

Just because the KINGS have a multitude of problems doesn’t mean the head coach can’t be one of them.

IDK this for certain but my guess is Pollard hasn’t seen many KINGS games during Walton’s tenure as most tortured KINGS fans have. If he had, I really doubt he’d be coming to his defense despite the other valid points he makes.
Pollard didn’t say Walton was a good coach. He just said what everyone already knows: the Kings lack talent. If McNair does not use this window to trade Fox, Buddy, and Bagley, he’ll be gone by this time next year.

It's good this happened, I've always been in the boat its the players and the player we are building around for the past 10+ seasons. I expect if things keep going the same way it will be fire Alvin Gentry this is why he was fired from x before he came here. Hopefully I'm wrong but if the new coaching change does not work than I'm not sure what more could be done to expose the roster and franchise player are to blame.