Trade Suggestion: Fox for Simmons + #28

Klutch is more than just a Bron agency though. AD, Draymond, Lonzo, Zach Lavine, and Anthony Edwards are still under their representation (along with quite a few players in this year’s draft) and they’ll be getting an influx of more young talent over the next couple of years as youngsters sign up for the agency Lebron built.
Hence my point about the here and now and it not changing any time soon.

They don’t even use Embiid correctly, anyway. IDC that today’s NBA has turned into small ball 3pt contests. Philly has an antidote to punish teams for that style of play and often park him out on the 3 pt line instead of camping his butt down in the paint.
yeah you can wear teams out down low while making the easier buckets. It’s such an easy idea especially when they had a good defense

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They don’t even use Embiid correctly, anyway. IDC that today’s NBA has turned into small ball 3pt contests. Philly has an antidote to punish teams for that style of play and often park him out on the 3 pt line instead of camping his butt down in the paint.
The problem is they have to do that because he can shoot from the perimeter and Ben is useless outside the 3-5 foot range. Also not sure if Embiid’s body can take playing in the post more.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
They do that because of Simmons though. Simmons won't change his game, Embiid was willing. They are a bad match and people have said that since Simmons's second year. Philly should have moved one or the other back when they were instead moving every other piece they had for the unicorn that was going to make them gel.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don’t believe that at all. And when Embiid still shoots more threes than he should once Simmons is gone I’ll remind you about it.

Contrary to popular belief not everything wrong with the Sixers is Ben Simmons fault.
I'm not saying it as an indictment of Simmons. They are both at their best in the same space, something had to give.

Seeing Doc and Morey at the press conference today further shows how stubborn and out-of-touch with reality Morey is re: this Ben Simmons situation.

Morey cited the Aaron Rodgers situation to suggest the same is going to happen with Simmons.

First, Rodgers is only back for this season. He likely ain’t staying there after that. And the Packers won’t be receiving any compensation for him when he does leave. If Morey believes that’s winning, more power to him.

Also, the Simmons situation is drastically different for numerous reasons, but one being that Rodgers wasn’t being thrown under the bus for the teams failures.

All Morey is doing by remaining stubborn is decreasing trade value. The longer this drags on, assuming Simmons makes good on his promise not to play or even meet with the FO, the worse it gets. Does anybody believe Rich Paul will ever direct one of his FA players to sign with Philly?

Even if he does return, is that really gonna be a good thing? Talk about a toxic locker room.

Just like in divorce, there’s no winning involved in this. Just degrees of losing.
I doubt very seriously that Morey believes there is a worthwhile comparison to draw between the "Rodgers Situation" and the "Simmons Situation." It was, however, a very saavy method of deflecting the question mark of Ben Simmons' absence as training camp opens. Honestly, fans put far too much stock into the soundbites that come out of Media Day. It's mostly a time for tightly controlled narratives, overly optimistic bromides, and the requisite ducking of reporter questions. Philly wanted to present a united front in spite of the controversy in which they find themselves mired. Daryl Morey and Doc Rivers accomplished just that, and frankly, it was a master class in straight-facing and brave-facing the media sh*tstorm that's approaching when Simmons eventually sits out regular season games (particularly when contrasted with Doc's sloppy recent appearances on the interview circuit).

Klutch is more than just a Bron agency though. AD, Draymond, Lonzo, Zach Lavine, and Anthony Edwards are still under their representation (along with quite a few players in this year’s draft) and they’ll be getting an influx of more young talent over the next couple of years as youngsters sign up for the agency Lebron built.
It always seems that way, but AD, Draymond, Lonzo, Lavine, and Edwards aren't generational talents. AD is close, but he's not Kobe or Jordan or Giannis or Lebron. Klutch will be around, but their power window closes when Lebron retires.

I now feel insulted just by seeing the title of this thread from the home screen.
Me too, from the standpoint that Swipa’s name is attached to it.

The KINGS aren’t going to surrender him in a trade for Simmons. Because Simmons value given all circumstances isn’t that high.

I’m not even convinced they’ll have to part with Tyrese or Davion even if a deal does get worked out.

Buddy, Bagley and picks is it. Period. Or Philly can find someone else to part with a better package, which I’m also not convinced is going to happen.

Sharks smell blood in the water and are going to lowball.

At this point, Embiid’s gotta be trying to trash Ben’s trade value on purpose right?
Eh, Jimmy Butler ain‘t all that anyway. He’s got a bit of a diva attitude too. Sans a Finals appearance in the very odd bubble short season, what has Jimmy Butler ever accomplished to be known as anything more than just a good player? There are lots of good players around the league.

Philly advanced just as far last season w/o Butler as they did with him.

Embiid is only lamenting Butler because they are now losing Simmons too.

Eh, Jimmy Butler ain‘t all that anyway. He’s got a bit of a diva attitude too. Sans a Finals appearance in the very odd bubble short season, what has Jimmy Butler ever accomplished to be known as anything more than just a good player? There are lots of good players around the league.

Philly advanced just as far last season w/o Butler as they did with him.

Embiid is only lamenting Butler because they are now losing Simmons too.
He helped the bulls remain playoff contenders after Rose went down and never really recovered. After he left, the bulls sucked. Then he helped a crappy wolves team finally get to the playoffs, who also sucked after he left. The heat werent expected to go anywhere and most people thought he went there for the miami lifestyle and he proceeded to help them get to the NBA finals, yes it was in a weird bubble season but no one thought they were going to get that far. He has said himself that he doesnt have the talent of most of the "superstars" but his work ethic puts him in a category that is better than just a "good player". Some players just make others around them better. He's not Lebron James or Chris Paul level, but i think he elevates the teams he plays on.

He helped the bulls remain playoff contenders after Rose went down and never really recovered. After he left, the bulls sucked. Then he helped a crappy wolves team finally get to the playoffs, who also sucked after he left. The heat werent expected to go anywhere and most people thought he went there for the miami lifestyle and he proceeded to help them get to the NBA finals, yes it was in a weird bubble season but no one thought they were going to get that far. He has said himself that he doesnt have the talent of most of the "superstars" but his work ethic puts him in a category that is better than just a "good player". Some players just make others around them better. He's not Lebron James or Chris Paul level, but i think he elevates the teams he plays on.
I think he’s a good player too. Actually I don’t think it, I know it. But he’s still not so good that losing him set Philly backward. They still accomplished the same as they did with Butler. And were actually expected to do more. Which easily could have happened. People forget that others like Tobias Harris underperformed too.

As for Miami, I see that whole bubble mini-season as a mirage. Neither Miami nor LAL were the best teams. I’ll be shocked if either sniff the Finals again.

I think he’s a good player too. Actually I don’t think it, I know it. But he’s still not so good that losing him set Philly backward. They still accomplished the same as they did with Butler. And were actually expected to do more. Which easily could have happened. People forget that others like Tobias Harris underperformed too.

As for Miami, I see that whole bubble mini-season as a mirage. Neither Miami nor LAL were the best teams. I’ll be shocked if either sniff the Finals again.
I hope to God that this statement is true. The next best thing to seeing the Kings win the finals, is never seeing the Lakers in the finals ever again.

I hope to God that this statement is true. The next best thing to seeing the Kings win the finals, is never seeing the Lakers in the finals ever again.
Truth.

I just don’t believe LAL is all that good. They also benefitted from a fortunate gap in that teams like GSW and BKLN have been riddled with injuries.

In the bubble, they don’t beat either of those teams if at full strength. I don’t think they’d have beaten the Clippers had they matched up.

I just don't think any GM is going to cave. They're either going to get Simmons on tremendous value, or severely weaken what has been a top 7 team in the NBA the last 4 years. Philly also isn't in a position where they can waste a prime year of Embiid/Tobias and how much money they have tied into their vets (Embiid/Tobias/Seth/Danny) that are all in their "win now" prime.

The more I read about the dysfunction in Philly, the more I’m optimistic about our chances of getting ben. But I can’t help but hear a little voice in the back of my head saying, if he will do this to a big market, he can do it to Sacramento and we will be a even bigger laughingstock. If we give up buddy, bags and a couple picks and he forces us to trade him next year…:(:mad::confused:

Um, I don't think he did anything. He had issue playing, in the playoffs. Then they threw him under the bus. Then he said "well I don't want to be here then."

Now, we don't know the behind the scenes. Is he a primadonna? Does he work on things? Does he have a severe mental block?

Um, I don't think he did anything. He had issue playing, in the playoffs. Then they threw him under the bus. Then he said "well I don't want to be here then."

Now, we don't know the behind the scenes. Is he a primadonna? Does he work on things? Does he have a severe mental block?
Yeah, I don't blame Simmons one bit. He had a really bad ATL series (was still really good vs WASH) and literally the entire organization blamed the loss on him. And what's crazy is they've gotten even worse as the off-season as gone on and just continue to burn that bridge all the way to the core.

And I seriously don't understand how people can think a 24 year old who's a 3-time all-star and 2-time 1st team all defensive player and has been the co-leader of 4 50 win teams doesn't have a good work ethic. He has shooting faults, absolutely. But for us, basically vying for the worst defensive team in basketball year in and year out for the last 10 years, adding arguably the best defender in basketball who is 24 years old for a fraction of his actual value sounds pretty good.

Simmons should just go back, this is all petty non sense. Both sides are at fault but this hold out doesn't help anyone. Will the Sixers suspend Ben for "failure to render services?" How about a gentleman's agreement to give it one more go before a trade in the offseason.

I think it was the Ringer that said CJ was still the best trade on the table. If a Simmons/ Dame pairing didn't work they would have two max guys wanting out :D

Yeah, I don't blame Simmons one bit. He had a really bad ATL series (was still really good vs WASH) and literally the entire organization blamed the loss on him. And what's crazy is they've gotten even worse as the off-season as gone on and just continue to burn that bridge all the way to the core.

And I seriously don't understand how people can think a 24 year old who's a 3-time all-star and 2-time 1st team all defensive player and has been the co-leader of 4 50 win teams doesn't have a good work ethic. He has shooting faults, absolutely. But for us, basically vying for the worst defensive team in basketball year in and year out for the last 10 years, adding arguably the best defender in basketball who is 24 years old for a fraction of his actual value sounds pretty good.
100%