It’s Training Camp SZN!!

On a scale of 1-10 how excited are you for this new season of pulse-pounding Kings basketball?

• Total voters
I’m very excited about this season actually. I am predicting a 46+ win season. It’s incredibly unlikely but I feel like a big jump is now or never. Fox is a veteran now, Haliburton and Off night will play like they are and we are deeper than any kings squad over the last decade. If we are sub .500 it will indicate to me that we have to tear it all down again probably with Fox in a different uniform.

I am a 3-5. Mostly because I’m not very confident this roster will work and I don’t see McNair fixing it.

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2021...e-mcnair-press-conference-roster-construction
I looked at it two ways. One, even though the roster isn't completely balanced they do have talent. And two, if it doesn't work this year, and likely early, then I can't see any way this is allowed to linger much longer. I think major changes will be ahead so that at least some direction will be clear whether that be a shock to the system coaching change to see if it can spark something and if not, then major roster work in a rebuild on the fly scenario.

He’s up there on a lot of Sacramento all time stat lists like scoring, rebounding, technical..only all star(x2) the franchise had over 17 years….Holding no playoffs against him would be a dubious standard for this franchise.

Even then, it's not as if we've already retired his number

10, like I am every season. But the excitement usually goes to zero a few weeks after the all star break. I don’t think the Kings make the playoffs this year barring a major trade (Simmons), Fox and Hali jumping levels, Bags turning into a defensive all star (1% chance), or Mitchell playing like a top ten NBA player (2% chance).